• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clubs Input Thread - READ!! Now with a poll, so please vote!

Would you like a Non-Pokemon Clubs Sub-Forum?

• Yes - That way, they wouldn't get in the way of Pokemon Clubs and could gain more activity.

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • No - It isn't worth it, I don't mind them being mixed with Pokemon Clubs.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chelc

@suicune lover: Yes, those can be categories, too! I'll keep a list and put it on the first page so people can add on and keep track of the categories we have. Thank you for your input!

@Shadow: Club of the Month sounds cool. I was thinking of something like that. I was thinking that I could hold it the first time around, and whoever wins the award, they could hold the next one, and so on.

@Torpoleon: Yeah, I think we might want to wait til 2010, because it will be a new year, and doing awards would be much easier because I can keep track of the Clubs.

@Mimori: Aww, thanks for replying! It means a lot, especially from someone who doesn't check out Clubs too often. :] I love any kind of input. XD

Yeti

Banned
Hello I would like to volunteer my services for running the Club Awards, whenever we decide it should begin. I will be available to run it in subsequent years as well :]
I have some experience running an Awards thread and I can use the same format from it for this one.

I've got some other ideas for awards so more Clubs/people can get nominated and prizes.. always good to diversify!

Social groups are less formal and controlled than a Club imo so I don't really frequent them.. I think some people use both but I don't believe they have stolen any of Club's members.

I haven't really noticed too many people saying off-topic or spammy one-liners in my club but perhaps because we have enough material to allow for full replies.

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
#2 - Is there any room for improvement here in this forum?
Maybe this is asking too much, but when members join it's nicer to see them reply to topics. XD; It might be a problem to the clubs at that rate though. However, iirc the Eeveelutions Club used to allow members to join the club via PM forms. Anyone who posted a request to join @ thread were immediately exiled from becoming a member. Though, I'm not too sure if that's too harsh. ^^;

It's nicer to see threads reduce the number of off-topic talks as well, even when they're waiting for the new thread to be created. :\ It creates a better image of the club in general imo.

Sorry I can't exactly answer the other topics. I'm not too familiar with them and I can't seem to come up with any good ideas for non-club threads yet. ^^;

Angeling

true love
I'm sorry for being so unclear but I need to head to bed like, now. Someone mentioned a Club advertising thread with a description from each club owner. It might be a good idea, but it might also be rather ... tedious? Or at least if not tedious, then a long process. It might work with perseverance though, and it's definitely a nice idea. Maybe one can incorporate that into the Club directory.

I like Kiori's example of how the old Eeveelutions Club had members joining and putting those who tried to join by posting on exile. It's a bit harsh but it's effective, imo. Maybe not for all clubs though, haha.

Reducing the off-topic messages is good. Cause yes, a club can be somewhere you can gather with people who share a common goal / interest / etc as you, but if you don't talk about that common trait, then what's the point of the club? And the common trait will be "unloved."

Also, I think Chelc will be capable of running the Awards for here. She'll also (hopefully) have help. And in any case, she has the sgod on her side. [That sgod is me, if no one figured that out.]

Did my post make any sense?

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
1 - What kind of miscellaneous threads would you like to see here?
An awards thread would be awesome in my opinion and I would be more than happy to set that up with a few volenteers, mods or members of course. Would be nice for the members to work with the mods in some aspects to be honest.

As stated before having a club advertisement section would be mucho hard work and though we have a thread for club links already its hard to find which are out of date and which are not. It would be nice to have an entire thread closed off to posts so that mods may update the thread when new clubs are added or clubs are removed. I suppose we could use it as a sort of club approval/disapproval thread, but it would take a lot of work, expecially if only the mods could handle it X

I personally think we should be a little more harsh on club starting. Members are still aloud to make threads on Pokemon groups such as the Sandshrew/Sandslash club and tbh they get hardly anywhere, were talking about keeping on the topic the club was made for and there is little to speak of with two Pokemon XP. I mean the Ground Pokemon club could easily cover Sandshrew/Sandslash...

#3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created? Why or why not? How do you feel about Social Groups - do you like them, hate them, or are you neutral towards them?
I hate social groups, they're a waste of space and a cause for more problems, but that is my oppinion I guess. Clubs have become a little more inactive since the launch of social groups and I personally don't see the point in having two places dedicated to the gathering of members with similar interests to one another. True Social clubs are more conveniant but they are harder to control and keep track of imo.

#4 - Any other questions/concerns/comments?
Not really XP... I suppose we could try and have some events such as banner making and avatar making for clubs. For example who can make the best banner for they're clubs ext. Or maybe art contests and what not. I know clubs try to have these contests quite often so why not make it wider and have a contest between all clubs? Perhaps we could even have groups or something...I dunno XP

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I think some type of Club awards would be fun. It would let all the members get known and possibly open potentials for new members to keep their clubs active.

Maybe we can also get someone to make those awards? I know that I suck at graphics, lul. :<

Chelc

Yay, thanks for replying, Tiff and SF! <3

SF said:
1 - What kind of miscellaneous threads would you like to see here?
An awards thread would be awesome in my opinion and I would be more than happy to set that up with a few volenteers, mods or members of course. Would be nice for the members to work with the mods in some aspects to be honest.

As stated before having a club advertisement section would be mucho hard work and though we have a thread for club links already its hard to find which are out of date and which are not. It would be nice to have an entire thread closed off to posts so that mods may update the thread when new clubs are added or clubs are removed. I suppose we could use it as a sort of club approval/disapproval thread, but it would take a lot of work, expecially if only the mods could handle it X

I personally think we should be a little more harsh on club starting. Members are still aloud to make threads on Pokemon groups such as the Sandshrew/Sandslash club and tbh they get hardly anywhere, were talking about keeping on the topic the club was made for and there is little to speak of with two Pokemon XP. I mean the Ground Pokemon club could easily cover Sandshrew/Sandslash...

#3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created? Why or why not? How do you feel about Social Groups - do you like them, hate them, or are you neutral towards them?
I hate social groups, they're a waste of space and a cause for more problems, but that is my oppinion I guess. Clubs have become a little more inactive since the launch of social groups and I personally don't see the point in having two places dedicated to the gathering of members with similar interests to one another. True Social clubs are more conveniant but they are harder to control and keep track of imo.

Not really XP... I suppose we could try and have some events such as banner making and avatar making for clubs. For example who can make the best banner for they're clubs ext. Or maybe art contests and what not. I know clubs try to have these contests quite often so why not make it wider and have a contest between all clubs? Perhaps we could even have groups or something...I dunno XP

1 - I agree about the Clubs Advertisement thread. It would be a lot of work and may be hard to keep up. Now I'm kind of unsure about it. Maybe in the Clubs List thread, people can allow a description of the Club along with the link, so that saves us work + another thread? :p I dunno. XD;

2 - Oh yeah, I agree. Do you think we should only allow types of Pokemon Clubs then? I know that discussing only a pokemon + its evos can easily get boring (from what I see, most of those Clubs die - it's rare to see one alive after a couple of months), and with Clubs for a specific type, a person can discuss tons of pokemon at once and the discussion can stay lively.

3 - I know right? D: I wish we could axe Social Groups. You basically said everything I was thinking/have been thinking about Social Groups. I think Clubs is way better. ;D /biased

4 - That sounds cool. Does anyone have any more input on this kind of idea? It could be a fun thing for all Clubs to do!

Tiffany said:
I think some type of Club awards would be fun. It would let all the members get known and possibly open potentials for new members to keep their clubs active.

Maybe we can also get someone to make those awards? I know that I suck at graphics, lul. :<

Yeah, that's what I think, too. I think it'd be fun if all of the Club mods could hold the Awards together now that we've all (besides Medea, though I'm hoping/sure she'll reply sometime soon :)) replied here. :D

lol I'm horrible at graphics, too. With that said, is anyone interested in the job of making banners or whatever for the Club Awards? It might be a lot of work, so it could be a group job if there are a lot of people interested in making graphics.

crobatman

So, if clubs competed in a art contest or whatever, then what about those people who are in more than one club? Could you support both?

How about an award of the longest run club!
Club with the Most Members.

I am trying to think of others suggestions...

What about a interclub wifi battle tournament!!! :)

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Yay, thanks for replying, Tiff and SF! <3

1 - I agree about the Clubs Advertisement thread. It would be a lot of work and may be hard to keep up. Now I'm kind of unsure about it. Maybe in the Clubs List thread, people can allow a description of the Club along with the link, so that saves us work + another thread? :p I dunno. XD;

2 - Oh yeah, I agree. Do you think we should only allow types of Pokemon Clubs then? I know that discussing only a pokemon + its evos can easily get boring (from what I see, most of those Clubs die - it's rare to see one alive after a couple of months), and with Clubs for a specific type, a person can discuss tons of pokemon at once and the discussion can stay lively.

3 - I know right? D: I wish we could axe Social Groups. You basically said everything I was thinking/have been thinking about Social Groups. I think Clubs is way better. ;D /biased

4 - That sounds cool. Does anyone have any more input on this kind of idea? It could be a fun thing for all Clubs to do!

1- That would be more convenient. If we could do that then it would save us a hell of a lot of work an there doesn't really seem to be anything wrong with the thread anyways =)

2-I personally think we should only allow group pokemon clubs yes. I mean we let people create clubs about Sandshrew and Sandslash to technically we should alow them to make one of Sabley as it has not evolution. So I say we scrap singular Pokemon evo chains and just discuss them in group Pokemon clubs personally XP

3- XD Same, though it can't be helped to be honest with you. Clubs are way cleaner and more managable and I would hate to see them go and be replaced by poxy Social groups XP

4- Crobat. Thats a good question, I suppose we would have to discuss that. I guess one way is to have one entry per person so therefore only one club or simply just make it so as the award goes to the person and not the club and can therefore input whatever they wish. Again we would have to discuss it XP

Last edited:

Medea

Excalibur
My apologies for the UBER late post. Real life sux!

*1 - What kind of miscellaneous threads would you like to see here?
I'm an agreement with everyone else about an awards thread. Hell if Face-Offs can have awards, Clubs deserve it. Club Advertisement Thread? As Chelc said, it might be hard to maintain, but I'm liking the idea.

*2 - Is there any room for improvement here in this forum?
There's always room for more improvements. I think for us mods, we should do a three-strike policy with clubs. If the club is being too retarded/out of control (i.e. endless one-liners/spam messages/off-topic crap) we give them three warnings. After that we have full right to close it. I remember Clubs in the past staying open after COUNTLESS warnings from moderators and no change from their club. I might come back to this one because this is the only thing I can think of.

*3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created? Why or why not? How do you feel about Social Groups - do you like them, hate them, or are you neutral towards them?
I hate Social Groups. I think they are a waste of time and energy. They should die. The end.

*4 - Any other questions/concerns/comments?
Nah, not really. I'll talk about more later.

Shadow XD001

Yeah, I agree. There have been changes with the forms in the Club List Thread. So in the Club List, with the form, you should say a little bit about the club. Like what it's about and why the members should join. Not all of the members view the Club List thread and check everyone's post, so they might not read it. Maybe when you put in the form and BA adds it, he adds some description from what you said next to the name, yeah I don't know. Also, if you already have your Club in there you post saying the name of your Club and the little (emphasis on little description)

It shouldn't be like an essay. Just a few sentences.

Torpoleon

About the thing where we probably will just be allowed to have clubs about Pokemon types, it would really be less popular Pokemon like Sandshew and Sandslah that wont get too much discussion. For example, my Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon Club has been around since Nov. 4, 2008 and still shows signs of great life. Maybe clubs should be created for popular Pokemon only? Oh and my Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon Club has like 532 posts.

I like the idea of a Club Advertisement Thread, but that should start in 2010, right?

Sorry, but I can't make banners, or any Fan Art. There should be some other people. Want me to request some banners for Club Awards?

Can't you guys just ask Serebii or someone to get rid of Social Groups or do it yourselves. I really do hate Social Groups. They are unorganized and are a waste of space and time. I don't really think that Social Groups are heavily moderated, or moderated at all, for that matter.

Last edited:

Chelc

Can't you guys just ask Serebii or someone to get rid of Social Groups or do it yourselves. I really do hate Social Groups. They are unorganized and are a waste of space and time. I don't really think that Social Groups are heavily moderated, or moderated at all, for that matter.

Well, a poll was taken, and most moderators actually did want to get rid of Social Groups. However, Serebii doesn't, and his opinion triumphs over all of ours, so yeah. :p Though I think if enough members disliked them and wanted to get rid of them, he might agree to do so.

You're right, there is very little moderating of Social Groups, mostly because mods don't care to do it. There's very little options for moderators with Social Groups, so it's really hard to mod them. Recently Ellie did a huge clean up of Social Groups, and deleted a lot of them. At the moment, we're trying to figure out how modding them can be easier so they aren't so crazy and spammy, because it seems like they're going to be staying here unfortunately.

Will respond to the other posts later! Thanks again for all your input, guys.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
#1 - What kind of miscellaneous threads would you like to see here?
I think that there should be a club awards thread, just as everyone else said. Club competitions between different clubs would be good, too, but I'm not exactly sure how that would be implemented.

I think that the mods should really infract users who only post a single line within a club. One-liners look too spammy and there completely pointless. I mean, the clubs forum doesn't raise your post-count, so it's not like they're trying to just post in order to go up a rank. They join the club and put absolutely no input in it.

Definitely. Although I don't use social groups anymore, it has died down after they were created. I don't really like them, since they're the same thing, (personally I thought the point of the social groups was to create a group that just you and your sppf friends could post in, in a more carefree manner. But apparently that's not the point of a social group], and instead they just completely took over the point of the clubs forum.

I really like Kiori's idea to make members join in a PM, I think it would make the club look less spammy. Therefore, if they never post, you won't notice it. But let's say I had a club, and the rules of the club said that they had to ask for membership within a pm, and someone posted in the club instead. If I reported the post, could I get that post deleted? I just really dislike clubs that look all spam-prone.

mangaeyes

@ crobatman I wouldn't want to do "Club with the most members" because some clubs just accept anybody who wants to join and never prunes the members list. Ie. I accept anybody into my club but if they are not active or don't make any more posts then I remove them from the list which means I'd have less members than somebody who just accepts anybody and never removes them.

Chelc

Alright, I've read through everyone's posts. Sorry for taking so long, lol. It's just that I'm gonna try to make a list of some sort with who agrees/likes certain ideas and vice versa, etc. I want everyone here to know what the mods are planning, too, so here's a list of things most of us have agreed to implement so far. We want to make sure that you're okay with the things we plan to do here, so it doesn't come as a surprise or anything.

- Club Awards are for sure happening. They will happen in 2010, most likely sometime during September-December. The Club mods will be holding the Awards. We are in need of a list of categories, so if you have any ideas for categories, you can post them here or PM me if you want.
- Axe the "Pokemon + Evos" Clubs and only allow "____ Type" Clubs from now on. I know some of you, like Torpoleon, have successful pokemon + evos Clubs, so even if we have agreed on this, we still need more input about this from members.
- Three strike policy with all Clubs. Basically, if any of us have to warn a Club three times for not following the rules, after the third warning/strike, it will be closed, no questions asked. We think this is pretty fair, but what do you guys think?
- Combine the Club Advertisement thread + Club List thread. Instead of just giving a link to your Club, you would be able to give a short description and possibly a banner along with it. That way, we would have no need for an Advertisement thread, and you're still able to advertise your Club in some way. Thoughts?
- Banner and avatar Contests for each individual Club. Club owners would be able to hold these contests whenever they feel like it. It would generate activity because I know discussion over the same topic can get boring. This isn't a rule or anything, but something for all Club owners to consider. It can also include fan fics and any other fan work type things. What do you guys think?
- For all Clubs; PMing the owner to join instead of asking in the thread. There would be less spam and you could get to discussing the topic(s) right away, instead of going through the joining process. Yes/no?
* Also, we need a definition of a one liner to add the FAQ that everyone understands. This one is mine, but it might need to be more clear/concise. We really want to make sure you guys understand them so you don't report false things, etc.

I think that's it for now! I know there are other things to be discussed in this thread but these are the things we need to get through first. :p Again, thanks for all your help and input, guys! <3

Manchee

extra toasty
I'm not sure if any of these things were said already, so I apologize in advance if they are ;P

I can't think of much... maybe a thread for people looking for Club Art? I know they can just go to the Fan Art section, but it might be a bit hard to navigate in a forum you're not used to. Plus, I'm sure there are members who can create art, or have connections to people that can, in the Clubs section, so they could reply to things. I dunno.

Not to suck up, but I think it's been awesome since you returned Chelc, and I mean that; you really listen to people and make sure you know how to handle something correctly the first time.

Anyway xD I think that certain clubs need to be bunched together. For example, I own the Starter Pokémon Club - maybe there shouldn't be clubs specifically for the Piplup line, or Charmander line, this way there are less clubs and it's easier for the mods to moderate and easier for us to navigate ^^;

And I know it's a long shot, but maybe a sub-forum specifically for Non-Pokémon Clubs? Sort of like how the Fan Fiction section is set up; again, just to make it easier to navigate and be a bit mroe sorted out. The only problem I see here is the fact that people would probably have to submit the club to the correct section, and I can see that getting frustrating for mods when they have to move a bunch somewhere else >>;

I never really understood the point of Social Groups since there is already the clubs, so I'm not a big fan of them ;P

Nope, none that I can think of.

BA~~

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
I'm not really active on the club forums since there are few ones I'm interested in. But I'll put my two cents in.

I really like the idea of club awards. They would really make the club forums more active. Other than that I can't really think of any other threads here other than more clubs. Idk.

There is always room for improvement here. Maybe the mods could be a little less strict about the one liners? Like as long as it contributes to the thread its ok. But if they keep on one-lining then its ok to report them. Its not like they get post count +1 from a club.

I think the clubs has been less active since they were created. Some people make a social group that would make a decent club here. I personally choose clubs over social groups since clubs are more organized and less spammy.

Not really.
Sorry if I didn't contribute that much. ^^;

Torpoleon

Even if there are clubs for like Starter Pokemon and clubs (like my Piplup Line) I wouldn't have to get my club closed because there would be an agreement for clubs just about types, right? That would be ridiculous. Besides, what if my Piplup Line Club was made after before the Starter Pokemon Club, or at least when one had died and a new one was not made until after my club was made? Man, I am shaking right now, at the fact if my Piplup Line Club would have to get closed.

Chelc

Even if there are clubs for like Starter Pokemon and clubs (like my Piplup Line) I wouldn't have to get my club closed because there would be an agreement for clubs just about types, right? That would be ridiculous. Besides, what if my Piplup Line Club was made after before the Starter Pokemon Club, or at least when one had died and a new one was not made until after my club was made? Man, I am shaking right now, at the fact if my Piplup Line Club would have to get closed.

Don't worry, Torpoleon. If the Club is active like your own, it will not get closed. The rule will just be put into effect sometime soon. After we put the rule into effect, we will not allow anymore pokemon + evos Clubs to be made. Does that make sense? ^^;

B_A: Thanks for your kind words. <3 It really means a lot after having to mod elsewhere, aka a place where I wasn't appreciated as much, lol. ANYWAYS, it's nice to be in a forum with really great members again. :p

A Non-Pokemon Club sub-forum is a great idea! I'll add the idea to the first page, or possibly add a poll of some sort to this thread where members can vote on it. It will also have to be decided upon by the mods, too, so yeah.

Bundling certain Clubs together sounds like a great idea! We'll take it into consideration. I know Torpoleon might not want to do that, though, because of how successful the Piplup + Evos Club is. XD; Input from other members is needed on this!

Also what do you guys think about the Club Art idea?

Pikachu_luver: Thanks for your input! <3

Last edited: