• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clubs Input Thread - READ!! Now with a poll, so please vote!

Would you like a Non-Pokemon Clubs Sub-Forum?

• Yes - That way, they wouldn't get in the way of Pokemon Clubs and could gain more activity.

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • No - It isn't worth it, I don't mind them being mixed with Pokemon Clubs.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chelc

Instead of just, yanno, having Clubs here, what about things like contests, awards, and other fun things to do? :) The Clubs forum is one of the more relaxed forums, and it feels a little quiet and boring as of late, so I thought a thread like this would be a good idea.

Other Clubs mods: This thread is for you, too! With the answers we get I was hoping we could plan out some fun things to do for this forum together. :D

Here are some questions for you guys to answer/go by:

#1 - What kind of miscellaneous threads would you like to see here?
It could be from contests to awards, anything fun that you can think of, but no games, please. We not only have a Games forum, but I'm not sure how a game would work here, anyways. Though yeah, suggest anything fun we could do here!

#2 - Is there any room for improvement here in this forum?
Are there Clubs you feel should not be here, or anything like that? Is the moderation too strict, or too laid back? All thoughts concerning specific clubs and moderation are appreciated.

#3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created? Why or why not? How do you feel about Social Groups - do you like them, hate them, or are you neutral towards them?
I think this is pretty self-explanatory, and I'm just wondering because it seems like people who don't get their Clubs approved go straight to Social Groups instead of trying to re-make the Club again. I've also noticed this place is not as active as it used to be, and was wondering if it was just me who thought that.

#4 - Any other questions/concerns/comments?
Feel free to post them here!

Everything you say will be taken into consideration and will be appreciated as well. Thank you!

mangaeyes

We could have a contest for all clubs? Like how about an art contest or something? All clubs could ask members to come up with some artwork and then they choose the best artwork and that goes foward to the contest, so every participating club has one entry they think is the best from their club. Then everybody votes! Simple. Doesn't have to be an art contest...could be a poem or a funny story related to their club.

I don't know about everybody else but I'd prefer it if mods layed off one-liners a bit. I don't think they do a great deal of damage to a club and I think some people don't bother posting in their club because they're worried they'll post a one-liner and get infracted! That also might be why its been a bit quiet lately.

#3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created? Why or why not? How do you feel about Social Groups - do you like them, hate them, or are you neutral towards them?
I don't really use social groups but I think some of them are okay and I think there much better now than when they first came around. I don't think they've really replaced clubs to be honest but I think maybe they do contribute to the clubs section being less active.

I think the clubs catalogue thingy is very helpful and I think maybe there should be more encouragement for people to use it to find a club they might want to join. Just try to bring different things (like contests) to the clubs section because it is a much more entertaining and relaxing section and it would bring the different clubs together!

Last edited:

Angeling

true love
Posting / responding as a former Clubs mod (head).
angel_smile.gif

I don't know about everybody else but I'd prefer it if mods layed off one-liners a bit. I don't think they do a great deal of damage to a club and I think some people don't bother posting in their club because they're worried they'll post a one-liner and get infracted! That also might be why its been a bit quiet lately.
Maybe if users can post more than a simple short sentence of "that's good!" or something, the moderators can be more lenient.

But I suppose it could be a little less strict as long as the members are on topic and all.

I do like the idea of having some kind of event for Clubs. Or even Awards? For like, the best organized / managed or something.

Last edited:

mangaeyes

Maybe if users can post more than a simple short sentence of "that's good!" or something, the moderators can be more lenient.
I agree that sort of sentence should be considered spam but something on topic that contributes to the conversation BUT is a one-liner I think should be accepted.

I do like the idea of having some kind of event for Clubs. Or even Awards? For like, the best organized / managed or something.
Yeah awards would be cool. Like best first page or something? I know I'd lose but it ould be fun XD

Angeling

true love
I agree that sort of sentence should be considered spam but something on topic that contributes to the conversation BUT is a one-liner I think should be accepted.
Well, depends on the sentence that might contribute to the conversation. I guess it's too much to expect essay-type posts, but... yeah, depends on the sentence, I think that can be worked out imo.

Yeah awards would be cool. Like best first page or something? I know I'd lose but it ould be fun XD
Well, I don't know about best first page but something like "best ____".

Chelc

Man, only two replies? ;_; Does anyone care? lol. I'll unsticky + close this if people don't want anything fun to do here. Just suggestions, anyways :x

@mangaeyes: That would be fun! I'll keep it in mind. If I get anymore replies, that is.

As for one-liners, I agree with you. I don't usually infract if it's on topic and there really isn't much to say, but give off a warning to the user to add more to their future posts. Though if it's something like, "I agree!" "That is cool!" or something, I'll infract.

I agree, the Clubs Index is very useful! However, people don't seem to submit their Clubs a whole lot, so some people don't know that their is a Club for x-subject. :( People really need to check it more often.

@Eefi: Thanks for your reply. <3 Awards could be fun if people were up to it. As I said, I'm hoping for more replies. D:

Torpoleon

I'd like to see some Awards kind of Competition, as stated a lot here. Maybe we could have a vote at the end of each year for like Best Video Game Club, etc. Then, when the next year comes, the winners of each category are announced. Sort of like with the fan fics.

There is room for improvement! I was thinking that mods should really enforce the rules here. Like check up on some clubs to see how everything is and if there is something wrong, the mods can butt in. Like if a member is fighting with the owner(it has happened to me, when I was the owner) so a mod can butt in.

I'm not much of a fan of Social Clubs. Personally, I prefer Clubs more because I think Clubs are more organized.

In one of my clubs, a newbie wanted to join my club but completely did not follow my rules and the Club rules. Two members were saying that I was harsh and WERE going to report me. I felt like they were telling me how to run my club. So I just report their posts and ignore them, right? Now everything has quieted down, but I need to know for the future. Oh and can one lining get a club closed if it doesn't follow the rules? Thanks! Oh and I think this thread was an excellent idea!

Killer Grunt

I definitely agree with the competitions or something along those lines here, not only would it give people more to do but it may also get more people talking to others from different clubs so may get some more activity around here. The awards are a good idea too. Things such as most members, best organised, most active would all work pretty well i think. As for competitions well there could be things like tournaments for the type clubs well i suppose the clubs dedicated to certain pokemon could be included in that as well. Err i cant think of much right now its 1am and i had a terrible day at work so this will have to do :D

I have not had much experience with anything going wrong in any clubs or anything in this forum in general but thats probably because i was not paying attention at the time. Seems like the mods usually keep things under control since i have not seen people arguing or acting like an idiot to often.

#3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created?

I have never really used a social group since clubs just seemed more organised an easier to use. I can see why it would make it less active here though but to be honest I cant think of any ways to get people using clubs instead of social groups. (Well apart from bribery and blackmail but i guess those are not viable options here, shame.)

Not much to say overall but if i think of anything else i'll let ya know.

Araleon

Chill
Hmm, I'm only in one club and planning to be active, I was in another one, but stopped posting... Woops... And the club I was most active in died after the owner disappeared and me and one other person tried to save the club.

What the hey, I'll answer the questions.

I agree that the awards would be a good idea. This part of the forums seems... kind of quiet and secluded. The clubs could vie for awards like ""Best Front Page" , "Most Members" , and other things. It could liven up the forum.

Uh, I think the one-liners rules could be a little more lenient. Like, in the club I was in that died (the Jessie club), the owner saw the one-liner rule and was pretty strict about it. No matter if the one-liner was on topic or not. I think that's partially why the club died, there wasn't enough to talk about with three lines.

I don't know, sorry. I'm not in any social groups, I don't really see the point since they are like clubs, but hey, whatever works for the forum.

Uh... No. Sorry if I wasn't too helpful.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
The 1 liners rule is a little 2 strict some were psoting so many 1 liners my club almost gotten closed but they seemed on topic
I am not in very many social clubs I lost a couple social club recently owned by friends but it seems some clubs are dying
4)
Chelsea keep up your awesome work around here since your mod of clubs it seems your doing the most work around here and is excellent work

Chelc

Yay, more replies. ;334;

@Torpoleon: Thanks for your input!

There is room for improvement! I was thinking that mods should really enforce the rules here. Like check up on some clubs to see how everything is and if there is something wrong, the mods can butt in. Like if a member is fighting with the owner(it has happened to me, when I was the owner) so a mod can butt in.

Hmm, I see what you're saying. I know some Clubs can get really off topic and possibly spammy sometimes, so I'll do my best to cover them more often. I was just re-added here, so I'll do my best browsing through the active Clubs.

In one of my clubs, a newbie wanted to join my club but completely did not follow my rules and the Club rules. Two members were saying that I was harsh and WERE going to report me. I felt like they were telling me how to run my club. So I just report their posts and ignore them, right? Now everything has quieted down, but I need to know for the future. Oh and can one lining get a club closed if it doesn't follow the rules? Thanks! Oh and I think this thread was an excellent idea!

Newbies should be allowed some time to learn the rules, but if they aren't willing to learn at all (trust me, there's a difference), then they should not be posting / be reported. :| Depending on the severity, I doubt you were that harsh, if things have calmed down by now. You are the owner of the Club, not them, meaning you make and enforce your own rules along with the general forum and Club rules yourself. If they don't like your rules and find them harsh, they can always PM me or another Club mod about it. So yes, you did the right thing by reporting them, because that's spamming and on the verge of mini-modding, because they should have PMed a staff member instead of dealing with it themselves.

One-liners seem to be confusing for most people here. The way I see them, they are one-sentenced/one-lined posts that do not contribute to the Club's topic in any way. Let me clear up the differences below:

One-liner that should be reported: Yeah, that's cool! I totally agree with you.
Not only is it one line, but who cares? No one. This post has absolutely no explanations as to reasons for feeling that way. It's a Stupid Pointless Annoying Message, aka spam. These types of one-liners can, yes, get a Club closed if there are too many, and should always be reported. A warning will be issued the first time, any other times, a three point infraction for spam will be issued.

One-liner that should not be reported: I think we should have a contest for this Club each week. What about a Pokemon themed fan art or fan fic contest?
Even though it is one line, it gets to the point, and there isn't much more you can say, really. These types of posts don't have to be reported. Apologies if this isn't the best example, I don't feel that well and can't really think of a good one right now. If you still need help differentiating/want a better example, just ask.

@Araleon: I hope my explanation above helps explain one-liners a bit better. It seems some people have trouble telling the difference between reportable ones and ones that don't need to be reported. Yeah, no one needs a paragraph or essay or anything in their post, just enough so it makes/continues the topic discussion. Thanks for your input!

@Maylu Sakurai: Thank you. ^^; I was recently re-added here to help out, so I haven't been here for very long yet (even if I was in this forum in the past), but it means a lot that you think that. :)

Club Awards - Good to go?
So I guess we will have a Clubs Awards? :p I think it would be pretty fun myself. Now we just need to set up a date and some categories, etc. I was thinking maybe nominations could start in October and go through November, and voting could go on throughout December, and that way, we would have the awards done before this year ends. They would be held yearly / be yearly awards. How about that? Thoughts?

Shadow XD001

A good idea for the clubs is to do it like in Fan Fiction. Have a Club Awards start at the beginning/very end of November and you can vote on your favorite clubs. It should really only be for clubs made in between Jan. and Dec. Although there could be a "Best Long-running Club" which be any time before Jan. '09.

Basically what I just said.

To be less-strict on one-lining, unless it absolutely does not contribute and is just "May I join?"

#3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created? Why or why not? How do you feel about Social Groups - do you like them, hate them, or are you neutral towards them?I like clubs better. For one, they're more organized. Also, maybe some people might like Social Groups better, but, to me, clubs are better.

I have a question. If the owner, or if the club doesn't get much posts, doesn't posts a lot and then people stop posting, how long would it be until someone can make a new version of that club?

Thank you very much for, hopefully, taking the time to read this, Club Mods.

Off-Topic: Congrats on being modded back here again, Chelc!

PokemonHero

I can see the future

It would be interesting if we had some sort of Club Advertising thread. We do have the directory, but it would be cool for the owners to point out what our clubs are about and what they have to offer. Kinda like those events that some schools do for clubs. Of course, you would have to avoid bashing.

I also like the idea of a Clubs Awards, but not right away. I'm still trying to recruit for my club.

Besides the one-liner thing that others have pointed out, nothing I can think of.

I really don't care either way for social groups. I tried to form one, but it never got too active even though it was a subject that I thought might attract attention.

Not really. I have another club idea, but I probably won't try to form it for a while.

Torpoleon

Club Awards - Good to go?
I think that club awards are good to go! So, nominations for categories in October and November, with voting in December? Sounds like a plan. On the first day of January, winners from each category can be announced. Can members pick some categories, because I have some ideas:

1. Which club enforces the rules harshly?
2. Which club is your favorite?
3. Which club is your least favorite?
4. Do you think the owner of this club is harsh?
5. Do you think the owner of this club is nice?
6. Which club enforces the rules not so harshly?

That is about it. It seems like a good amount and these seem like good questions for Club Awards.

Shadow XD001

Some of those aren't really good awards. You don't want the owners to feel bad about themselves tah their rules aren't good. I think the biggest award would be:
Club of the Year Award. Also, some awards for past clubs, before Jan. 2009.

Chelc

A good idea for the clubs is to do it like in Fan Fiction. Have a Club Awards start at the beginning/very end of November and you can vote on your favorite clubs. It should really only be for clubs made in between Jan. and Dec. Although there could be a "Best Long-running Club" which be any time before Jan. '09.

Oh, alright, that sounds good. I agree about it being for Clubs made in between Jan-Dec, and I haven't kept track of that this year due to recently being added here, so...would it be better to start them for next year instead of this year? And that Best Long-Running Club would be good to do in October-December before January if we can't get to the main Club Awards.

1. Which club enforces the rules harshly?
2. Which club is your favorite?
3. Which club is your least favorite?
4. Do you think the owner of this club is harsh?
5. Do you think the owner of this club is nice?
6. Which club enforces the rules not so harshly?

Hmm. Maybe add some wording to make it sound nicer? Like...

1. Club that enforces/follows the rules the most
2. Most Liked Club
3. Not sure about this one. :x
4. Best Overall Club Owner
5. Nicest Club Owner
6. Most Lenient Club/Owner

And as Shadow said above, Club of the Year would be the biggest award.

Also, what do you guys think we should do for the awards/prizes?

It would be interesting if we had some sort of Club Advertising thread. We do have the directory, but it would be cool for the owners to point out what our clubs are about and what they have to offer. Kinda like those events that some schools do for clubs. Of course, you would have to avoid bashing.

That could be cool. How do you guys feel about this? It could turn out to be something that is a lot of fun.

I totally agree on the club awards thing.
1. Club that enforces/follows the rules the most
2. Most Liked Club
3. Not sure about this one. :x
4. Best Overall Club Owner
5. Nicest Club Owner
6. Most Lenient Club/Owner
How about:
Best front page layout? I like that idea
Most active club?

No, I think is fine.

I don't know if Social groups have affected Clubs, I joined after they were made. They are better in some aspects, in Social groups you can make your own sub-forums and things, but because of that they are less organised IMO. In these kind of clubs all the info is on one page. So I like Club-Clubs better.
And its easier just to go to a seperate sub-forum and to see if there are any new posts, rather than to have to check on your profile everytime.
Also, what do you guys think we should do for the awards/prizes?
Glory?

That could be cool. How do you guys feel about this? It could turn out to be something that is a lot of fun.
But what if a certain club is about another site? Like the GPX+ club, wouldn't it sort of be like advertising GPX+ which is breaking the rules? But it does sound fun.

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

Yeah, I like the Club Advertising thread. I made a club that only has one post (a bump post I made, which the owner can only do once) so it would be interesting for me to talk about the club. Also, should we provide a link to the club? Not everyone's club is on the Club List and BA doesn't add them right when they're accepted and sometimes he doesn't really post in there to accept the clubs. So this would be good. Also, the providing a link is optional, but recommended.

The Club Awards should start next. Also, there should be "Club of the Month Award".

EDIT: With the Club of the Month award, if your club was made by the end of the month (about 15 or so) your club won't win the award. Actually, it can't be on the first month you made your club. It can be any month after the month you made it. Also, this would also qualify for the older clubs that still have activity.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Oh, Shadow, with number 4 I meant like which owner really enforces the rules. I don't really know what kind of awards we could get. Would the award apply to the owner of the club? I like Club of the Month. Of course Club of the Year would be awesome. I think everything should wait until 2010 starts. Its already almost mid-August, so we should wait to start things like Club of the Month till Jan. 2010. Then, we'd wait until Oct. 2010, to pick nominees till Nov. 2010 Voting in Dec. 2010 and the winner on Jan. 1, 2011. Categories can be picked over time, as well. Club of the month will be every month, starting Jan. 1, 2010, as with Club of the year. Club of the month will begin that time too, and end at the last of every month. Club of the year will end on Dec. 31. each year. Whew, that is a lot.

Mimori Kiryu

I'm not that active in many clubs but I shall put in my two cents, nonetheless.

I wouldn't mind seeing an award thread for best run clubs, or most active. You know, topics like that.

I think it's alright here. It doesn't seem like a place that has that many problems.

#3 - Do you think this forum has become less active since Social Groups were created?
No, I don't believe so. I didn't get my Club approved so I just dropped the idea completely. I mean there are still people making clubs so they're still active.

Nah. Not really.

Sorry I didn't contribute too much. :<