• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

C'mon, Search for the Transformed Ditto! (989)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
C'mon, Search for the Transformed Ditto!!

The group are invited to go to the Aether Paradise, an area where Pokémon can live in peace and protection that is looked after by Lusamine and the Aether Foundation. However, while touring the area, a wild Dittog ets loose and starts to transform into other Pokémon, causing various havoc throughout the Aether Paradise. Will the group be able to find it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The Ditto just ran away because it didn't like taking medicine/vaccine.

And we see the underground facility of 'Aether Paradise', along with info on Type:Null.

Also it seems(?) that Faba has some secret which is somehow connected to Lillie's lost memories.

Last edited:

TheScentedApple

Mmmmm, interesting, I like that they didnt follow the games storyline and introduce Nihilego so early. So is Faba really the evil one?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Surprised TR weren't whisked away to be honest.

Decent enough. That ending was surprising.

And I guess Lillie and her diary has usurped the narrator out of a job? Wow, what a *****, absolutely no respect for the livelihood of the narrator.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Can anybody tell me what everybody was saying about Lillie in this episode?? It seemed like she did something good.

AshSerena

I love this image xD
[IMGSIZE=300]https://i.imgur.com/iU5pJLP.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

anyway yeah it seems Faba doesn't want Lillie to get along/touch with Pokemon and saying that if something triggered and Lillie remember back then, it's gonna be trouble/bother
So yeah not a filler episode at all

also the reason why Lusamine invited them is because Lusamine wanted to ask them what is Lillie doing at school or how's she is at school.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I haven’t watched this episode yet but I have to ask this one question:

Why did Faba throw our precious Rowlet? D:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I haven’t watched this episode yet but I have to ask this one question:

Why did Faba throw our precious Rowlet? D:

Saw Nebby (in the bag!) went in the bag and pulled out Rowlet. Was not impressed (neither was Ash).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I love this image xD

anyway yeah it seems Faba doesn't want Lillie to get along/touch with Pokemon and saying that if something triggered and Lillie remember back then, it's gonna be trouble/bother

also the reason why Lusamine invited them is because Lusamine wanted to ask them what is Lillie doing at school or how's she is at school.

lol I rewatched that a few times not gonna lie :p my new favorite Lillie scene!

Also I like how Nebby just goes around teleporting doing what it wants, probably my favorite baby pokemon as of yet in the show. Somehow just sensing little star candy to eat all around lol. Follow the star candies!

Now I'm very curious as to why Lillie can't touch pokemon, because I always thought they tried to explain it away with that Salandit.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I found the episode quite average actually. So firstly, Faba conveniently found the Donut shop, and recruited the TRio to become AF employees. Seemed pretty weird tbh. I really hope they're not a substitute for Team Skull's role for the AF.

So the first half is just everyone exploring and interacting in the AF, and Lillie is again really angry at her mother, from what I understand, due to her constantly being on the phone. You know, if they stick to the plot of Lusamine getting mad at her children, I've got to say Lillie deserves it. She's really rude to her mom, and for no good reason so far. Anyway, after that, the second half was so random, with everyone chasing around to find Ditto. The ending was pretty important and good, with TRio finding out about Type : Null and Ultra Beasts, and Faba saying something regarding Lillie.

Overall, I give the episode 5/10. It's not filler, but still, the episode itself for the most part felt like filler, and was pretty boring to me.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I found the episode quite average actually. So firstly, Faba conveniently found the Donut shop, and recruited the TRio to become AF employees. Seemed pretty weird tbh. I really hope they're not a substitute for Team Skull's role for the AF.

So the first half is just everyone exploring and interacting in the AF, and Lillie is again really angry at her mother, from what I understand, due to her constantly being on the phone. You know, if they stick to the plot of Lusamine getting mad at her children, I've got to say Lillie deserves it. She's really rude to her mom, and for no good reason so far. Anyway, after that, the second half was so random, with everyone chasing around to find Ditto. The ending was pretty important and good, with TRio finding out about Type : Null and Ultra Beasts, and Faba saying something regarding Lillie.

Overall, I give the episode 5/10. It's not filler, but still, the episode itself for the most part felt like filler, and was pretty boring to me.

Lusamine is incredibly overbearing and somewhat condescending.

She keeps treating Lillie like a small child, which she isn't.

Lillie is at that age where that kind of behavior would be considered embarrassing and grating.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The central plot of this episode—finding the lost Ditto—was the stuff of standard filler, but the rest of the episode (the "backdrop") was more interesting and made up for it. I enjoyed seeing the anime's rendition of the Aether Paradise and Lusamine's mansion.

So, the TRio discovered the plans for Type: Null and its purpose of fighting Ultra Beasts. I expected Faba to be more upset when he caught them in that room. And what in the name of Arceus was up with that collective cackling at the end?

I love this image xD

That is just the best image of Lillie ever. :p I'm loving this girl more and more as the series goes on. Introducing Lusamine was one of the best things the writers could have done for Lillie's character, as it's brought out a side of her that we really haven't seen up until now.

It's interesting that Faba doesn't want Lillie to overcome her fear. I suppose he is concerned that as she conquers her phobia, her memory of the events that led to her phobia might return. That increases my feeling that Lillie's phobia is directly related to the Ultra Beasts.

I have to say, the writers are doing a great job of painting Faba as the villainous one here. The man practically oozes villain vibes and not just because of those lima bean glasses. He is a stark contrast to Wicke, who is bubbling with innocent cheer.

As lolipiece said, Lusamine is overbearing and condescending. She calls her daughter a "baby" and treats her like a small child. Also, as Lillie mentioned in SM44, Lusamine has a tendency to do what she wants, without considering her daughter's feelings or desires. Lillie is at the age where any child would find that kind of treatment embarrassing and grating. Not even Ash's mother is that embarrassing. IMO, that is actually somewhat in linen with game Lillie's account of how her mother treats her—like a baby, a doll.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ah okay I get it. Faba doesn't want Lillie to regain her memories because she probably saw him creating Type: Null in secret and then it rampaged. He wants to keep that secret. That's my theory.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Now I'm very curious as to why Lillie can't touch pokemon, because I always thought they tried to explain it away with that Salandit.
How did the Salandit explain anything? I'm pretty sure that same episode had the butler explain that Lillie went on a trip with her mother, and when she came back she had the phobia of touching pokemon but Lillie couldn't remember what had happened.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It was cute seeing Steenee with all the little Bounsweet looking up to her and Nebby was adorably creating havoc just to eat some konpeito. It must internally know that it shouldn't be seen by some people there. I think they'll be more than one villain (I still haven't played the games) and I still think Lusamine will be the main villain. Lillie felt like a leader this episode. I loved how she helped getting the Ditto (and Ash rushing in capturing it lol) and once again, we see her narrating the opening scene. :)

That ending was hilarious lol.