• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

C'mon, Search for the Transformed Ditto! (989)

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So watching it with Subs made this episode even more enjoyable for myself. Honestly I'd really like Faba if he was a good guy, but otherwise the anime has me loving his design and his voice... I swear I've heard his voice before in something else, but either way it's a sexy voice :p

Also did team rocket sort of relate to Lillie when she was talking about how she doesn't want to cater to all of her Mother's needs? Or were they just saying that it's inevitable that kids will cater to their parents? To me it seemed like they were relating which would be interesting.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So watching it with Subs made this episode even more enjoyable for myself. Honestly I'd really like Faba if he was a good guy, but otherwise the anime has me loving his design and his voice... I swear I've heard his voice before in something else, but either way it's a sexy voice :p

Also did team rocket sort of relate to Lillie when she was talking about how she doesn't want to cater to all of her Mother's needs? Or were they just saying that it's inevitable that kids will cater to their parents? To me it seemed like they were relating which would be interesting.
Haven't seen the episode ,but given James' particular upbringing, they're probably sympathetic to her.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Saw the episode. Nothing mind-boggling, but I'm growing to like this Lillie a lot more than the one in the games. Especially all her annoyed reactions to her mother. That WTF face she and Snowy had when Lusamine glomped her got a laugh out of me.

Random tidbit, but could that Herdier lounging by Lusamine's desk be the Lillipup from the old family photo?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Random tidbit, but could that Herdier lounging by Lusamine's desk be the Lillipup from the old family photo?
I noticed that when I first watched the episode, but totally forgot to comment on it in my post. I also wonder if that Herdier was the Lillipup Lillie was holding in her old family photo. If so, then that's a nice touch of continuity.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Finally got to see a subbed version of the episode. A fun romp, if nothing more save TRio's discovery of the lab. And the after episode segment was obvious but still funny.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I noticed that when I first watched the episode, but totally forgot to comment on it in my post. I also wonder if that Herdier was the Lillipup Lillie was holding in her old family photo. If so, then that's a nice touch of continuity.

Then suddenly it evolves to Stoutland and Lusamine uses it against Ash's Litten(or his evolved forms)
This would be totally evil

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
With all of the side jobs that they do, one would think that Team Rocket has lots of cash but then again I guess they spend it all on failed ideas to catch Pikachu.

Lillie seems to have a complicated relationship with her mom.

Leonhart

Imagineer
With all of the side jobs that they do, one would think that Team Rocket has lots of cash but then again I guess they spend it all on failed ideas to catch Pikachu.

Their budget definitely seems stretched out since they have to constantly invest in new gadgets to steal Pikachu, although you'd think that Sakaki would provide the essential tools himself.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
So there was the scene that made everyone hate Faba. That was admittedly dickish of him to throw Rowlet across the room. It's always good to get vaccinated. I don't think this kind of thing has been seen before.

You know, Ditto used to be able to replicate faces perfectly. But ever since that defect in Duplica's Ditto caught on, that was made the whole species' flaw.

It looks like the show's taking USUM's route when it comes to Aether, seeing as how Faba's more villainous than Lusamine is.

Yeah, this one wasn't as good as the two before it.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Seeing the macarons reminded me of Serena which made me sad she hasn't yet returned lol. Although, the macarons kinda disappeared once she discovered PokéPuffs.

It's also nice to see the instrumental version of Under the Alolan Sun still being used as background music even while the theme song itself has switched to Under the Alolan Moon.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Then suddenly it evolves to Stoutland and Lusamine uses it against Ash's Litten(or his evolved forms)
This would be totally evil

About that... it never happened.

Though I kind of expected that Lillipup to have been that old Stoutland that died. Seeing the Herdier disproved me and I was honestly pleased by it!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That Faba scene with Rowlet is still incredibly hilarious! It made me love his character even more. Rowlet deserved that for being lazy and useless.

Faba and the TRio's interactions are really the only enjoyable parts. Sadly you can't really have a Ditto episode without retreading on old ground.

7/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
they've been gone since Gladion debuted

Wow, I didn't even realize.. that's really weird then....... not to mention that in Gladion's debut episode he interacted with them, which is their final appearance, was that somehow writing them out of the show? Really weird.

And looks like the poor narrator has been put out of work by Lillie.
I see Lillie was the narrator again. :p
Lillie might as well take over the narrator's job for the remainder of SM.

I obviously noticed that every episode was starting with a Lillie diary write since I mentioned it in my post in the SM047 thread, but I hadn't realized until reading these that the narrator isn't speaking.. have these been the first few episodes ever in which he's not talked?

Its not weird as for some reason Faba already knew about their identities as he directly addressed Meowth (not sure if he also knows about TR organization or not).

In short, he was specifically searching for them.

I disagree. While I did find it weird that he saw through Meowth's disguise, it's just that he saw through the disguise, nothing more. I mean, we can all tell it's a Meowth, why can't he? And he called it Meowth not because he knew it but because it's literally a Meowth lol.. he took interest in him because he can talk, and obviously Faba appears to take an interest in unique Pokémon.. he also did into Dusk Lycanroc.

Keep in mind, Faba might have psychic types in the anime. If so then maybe he had one of his Pokemon erase Lillie's memories and her fears are a side effect of the mind wipe.

Wow, what a theory!

So, my theory about Faba being after Nebby turned out to be true in a way, huh? I got to see the first 10 minutes of the episode before my iPad decided to crash but I got to see that scene. Ash told him Nebby was in his backpack from what I gathered and when Faba when in his backpack, Nebby teleported himself out so Faba ended up finding Rowlet instead. When Faba realized he had Rowlet, not Nebby, he threw the poor lovable Owl like he’s a pitcher in a baseball game. Poor Rowlet

Actually, it was more like he was a bowler in a cricket match lol since he through it at the ground lol :p

Wow, good eye

It's always good to get vaccinated. I don't think this kind of thing has been seen before.

Where does it go anyway lol? Does Ditto even have a bloodstream? It's just a blob of gunk.

It made me love his character even more. Rowlet deserved that for being lazy and useless.

What's wrong with you? Reread the SM036 thread and see how there's fandom-wide agreement that Rowlet is the star, despite the fact that it's not the final Pokémon. I even made a post in that thread collating quoted posts showing people saying it, and mentioning that it's the first time I can remember fandom-wide agreement that the star is not the final Pokémon.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode, but the second part of the episode was boring, thanks to the classmates finding Ditto, which dislikes taking vaccines. Faba in this episode, though, was just downright cruel. Throwing Rowlet (because he wanted to get Nebby)? He has no respect for Pokémon. Though in the end, we do know why he wanted Nebby as it pertains to the secret of Type: Null and Lillie regaining her memories.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I like how Faba's tossing of Rowlet only gets a slight slap on the wrist despite how obviously evil that was. Man, these guys are duuuuuumb.

That look Lillie gave to Sophocles was...wow. Strong.

I forget. I thought Ditto having that look meant they needed to practice transforming into others, or was it retconned to be stuck like that?

I don't think Lillie's PTSD should be that smart in warning her she's touching a Ditto posing as a Vulpix.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I forget. I thought Ditto having that look meant they needed to practice transforming into others, or was it retconned to be stuck like that?
It's stupid that they retconned it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Sadly you can't really have a Ditto episode without retreading on old ground.

Sadly, this was what weakened the episode for me somewhat since we've seen Metamon transform in whimsical ways before, and that's all that Metamon seems to be capable of in general.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
that's all that Metamon seems to be capable of in general.
I wish they would make a competitive battler, whether it's a gym leader, a rival, or just a league rival or something, who actually used Ditto in extremely strategic ways making it difficult to beat.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wish they would make a competitive battler, whether it's a gym leader, a rival, or just a league rival or something, who actually used Ditto in extremely strategic ways making it difficult to beat.

There was the one guy from the Orange League that had a Ditto...