• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Code Geass Discussion

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
This thread is to discuss the anime Code Geass:Lelouch of the Rebellion.

What I love about this anime is that it addresses so many amazing factors: Politics, Philosophy, Morality, fantasy, Mecha, Romance, Action, Comedy, Drama, and good looking guys lol

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Lelouch is dead, the guy who wrote the story has confirmed that to be the case, he didn't take anyone's code, he wasn't immortal, he is dead.

Really? Can you direct me to where he confirmed that? I was just watching thinking, He must have an immortal code, or else how did Nunnally see what really happened?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Really? Can you direct me to where he confirmed that? I was just watching thinking, He must have an immortal code, or else how did Nunnally see what really happened?

States multiple times that Lelouch is dead.

http://atashi.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/code-geass-r2-the-complete-official-guidebook-review/

There was also an article from a magazine with direct quotes from the writer stating Lelouch is dead, however I'm having trouble finding the link I used to have.

Beyond on that, I've seen three theories, all of which can easily be disproven using simple facts from within the series itself.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
States multiple times that Lelouch is dead.

http://atashi.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/code-geass-r2-the-complete-official-guidebook-review/

There was also an article from a magazine with direct quotes from the writer stating Lelouch is dead, however I'm having trouble finding the link I used to have.

Beyond on that, I've seen three theories, all of which can easily be disproven using simple facts from within the series itself.

Oh. Ok. Thank you. Do you mind explaining these theories and disproving them for me?

First anime I've actually bought the seasons of (of course first time I've had money to waste on it), really gotta rank it up as one of my favorite anime. Gotta agree though that Lelouch really died, I mean even if he did become immortal the thing he wanted pretty much came true so he wouldn't be immortal anymore, plus never saw any markings on him like C.C. and Charles had.

Can't wait to see what that new kinda spin off thing set in the same universe looks like.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Oh. Ok. Thank you. Do you mind explaining these theories and disproving them for me?

Lelouch gained his father's code, and as such was immortal
This one can't be right because after his father's death Lelouch was still able to use his own Geass, and as we are told anyone who has the code can no longer use Geass. Examples being Charles and C.C. who can no longer use Geass after they obtain the code.

C.C. was talking to Lelouch during the epilogue
C.C. was shown on multiple occasions to be talking to Marianne despite the fact she was dead, so she would also be able to talk to Lelouch under the same circumstances.

Schneizel was still under the effects of Lelouch's Geass after his death, but the effects should have worn off if he was really dead
Anya was still under the effects of Marianne's Geass long after Marianne's death, Nunally and the rest of the school they attended were still under the effects of Charles' Geass after his death as well. So death does not stop the effects of a Geass. Some try to point out that Scheizel would stop protecting Zero if he was no longer Lelouch, but those people over look the fact that Lelouch specifically ordered Schneizel to protect Zero.

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
C.C. was talking to Lelouch during the epilogue
C.C. was shown on multiple occasions to be talking to Marianne despite the fact she was dead, so she would also be able to talk to Lelouch under the same circumstances.

Schneizel was still under the effects of Lelouch's Geass after his death, but the effects should have worn off if he was really dead
Anya was still under the effects of Marianne's Geass long after Marianne's death, Nunally and the rest of the school they attended were still under the effects of Charles' Geass after his death as well. So death does not stop the effects of a Geass. Some try to point out that Scheizel would stop protecting Zero if he was no longer Lelouch, but those people over look the fact that Lelouch specifically ordered Schneizel to protect Zero.

Here is the thing about theories 2 and 3: Marianne was never dead to begin with, she used her Geass to hide in another persons mind(Anya's) just before she was about to die.

plus never saw any markings on him like C.C. and Charles had.

Charles mark was on the palm his hand. A very easy place to hide a marking. For all we know Lelouch's marking could be on a hidden part of his body(If he got the code that is).

Last edited:
About your response to theory 2, Marianne still died while Anya was still under the effects of her geass until Jeremiah came and helped her out with that.

As for your response to me, true, it could've gone to his feet or somewhere under clothing. However, look at where Lelouch was when he died, surrounded by a bunch of people and cameras C.C. (and V.V. for that matter) have healed pretty fast after being killed, people would have seen Lelouch revive and what Kallen says happened after that wouldn't have happened.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
About your response to theory 2, Marianne still died while Anya was still under the effects of her geass until Jeremiah came and helped her out with that.

Do you mean when her and Charles got absorbed by C's world? If so, that doesn't really count because Marianne was no longer in Anya's mind. They were never clear if the memory of the one inflicted by the Geass is restored after the person who used the Geass on them has died. Because remember Charles got absorbed by C's world as well but Rival, Milly and possibly Nina still had no memories of Nunnally being apart of their school and it's council.

As for your response to me, true, it could've gone to his feet or somewhere under clothing. However, look at where Lelouch was when he died, surrounded by a bunch of people and cameras C.C. (and V.V. for that matter) have healed pretty fast after being killed, people would have seen Lelouch revive and what Kallen says happened after that wouldn't have happened.

C.C got shot in the head in episode 1 of R1 and stayed down for quite a while. So maybe it depends on the injury or maybe they can control how fast the wound(s) heal?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
JIBUN WOOOOOOOO

Code Geass is probably one of my favourite series. I say probably because I think I need to watch it again. I only saw it once and that was before I've watched nearly as many series as I have now. I'm sure it's still great but I'm not sure if it will still be as incredible as I remembered.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
If Lelouch had the code it would have meant he could no longer use Geass, since he could still use Geass he obviously didn't have his father's code, and he couldn't have taken C.C.'s code since she would have died in the process, but she was alive and well.

...Well this petty much says it all...Lelouch can't be immortal then. The only way is if there was a 3rd immortal that Lelouch killed that we had no knowledge about. :/

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
...Well this petty much says it all...Lelouch can't be immortal then. The only way is if there was a 3rd immortal that Lelouch killed that we had no knowledge about. :/

If people would stop coming up with crazy theories and take a moment to just consider all the evidence provided throughout the series, they would then see there is no logical way for Lelouch to be alive.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
If people would stop coming up with crazy theories and take a moment to just consider all the evidence provided throughout the series, they would then see there is no logical way for Lelouch to be alive.

So what do you think of Code Geass: Akito the exiled so far? I saw the 10 minute preview and I must say I like everything except the CG Knightmare frames.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
So what do you think of Code Geass: Akito the exiled so far? I saw the 10 minute preview and I must say I like everything except the CG Knightmare frames.

Haven't watched the preview, waiting for the BD release so I can just watch the full episode.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I'm really not excited for Akito right now. It looks okay but it seems like it's just riding off the success of Code Geass. Like if it were called something else that no one would give a damn. Then again, I haven't watched the 10 min thing, but I'm not interested enough to.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I'm really not excited for Akito right now. It looks okay but it seems like it's just riding off the success of Code Geass. Like if it were called something else that no one would give a damn. Then again, I haven't watched the 10 min thing, but I'm not interested enough to.

That's a fair call, I mean the only reason I will be watching it as the OVAs are released instead of waiting for all of them is simply because it's Code Geass. It's the same deal with Gundam Unicorn.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Haven't watched the preview, waiting for the BD release so I can just watch the full episode.
Oh ok.

Why do you say that? Would you rather they call it something else? I think it's necessary because it tells us what happened between R1 and R2.