• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Code Geass Discussion

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I think what he means is that it's simply a cash-in on the success of the original series.

I mean if it was really a cash-in on the success of the original series. Don't you think they would have made it longer? It's only 4 or 5 OVA's long while Code Geass was 50 episodes long.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
That's a fair call, I mean the only reason I will be watching it as the OVAs are released instead of waiting for all of them is simply because it's Code Geass. It's the same deal with Gundam Unicorn.

Looking back though I did watch that mediocre Nunnally in Wonderland OVA so I guess I can't talk huh?

Why do you say that? Would you rather they call it something else? I think it's necessary because it tells us what happened between R1 and R2.

Like Jolteon said was, it's that it seems to be a sort of cash-in. If it ends up being just as entertaining and memorable as the original series that's great, I'll probably watch it then.

I mean if it was really a cash-in on the success of the original series. Don't you think they would have made it longer? It's only 4 or 5 OVA's long while Code Geass was 50 episodes long.

If it is a cash in then a few OVAs seem pretty cost effective to me, rather than producing an entire new series.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Looking back though I did watch that mediocre Nunnally in Wonderland OVA so I guess I can't talk huh?

Did they ever dub the Nunnally in Wonderland OVA? because I refuse to watch Code Geass and no Jhonny young bosch in it :p although I will make an exception for Akito.

If it is a cash in then a few OVAs seem pretty cost effective to me, rather than producing an entire new series.

You have a point, not to mention it is showing in theaters before being released onto DVD.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Each OVA is 50 minutes there are four OVAs, so 200 minutes, if you consider an average anime episode is roughly 20-22 minutes (excluding the OP + ED) they will get roughly 10 episodes worth of time out of it, that's close to a full regular season anime, and longer than some.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
One thing I forgot to ask, Jolteon, was I see now why Lelouch is immortal thanks to your deduction but mind explaining to me why Nunnally was able to see Lelouch's plan for the Zero Requiem by touching his hand?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
One thing I forgot to ask, Jolteon, was I see now why Lelouch is immortal thanks to your deduction but mind explaining to me why Nunnally was able to see Lelouch's plan for the Zero Requiem by touching his hand?

Nunally was already able to tell whether or not someone was telling the truth just by holding someone's hand, why couldn't she see more? Besides it couldn't have been some kind of Geass, as one there was no Geass symbol in her eye, and two Lelouch didn't have the code.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Did they ever dub the Nunnally in Wonderland OVA? because I refuse to watch Code Geass and no Jhonny young bosch in it :p although I will make an exception for Akito.

The OVA only came out around a month ago so there's no chance it would have been dubbed (plus Bandai went under if I recall correctly).

I do enjoy Johnny Yong Bosch's Lelouch but I also appreciate Jun Fukuyama's Lelouch as well.

Any of the OVAs worth watching?

C.C got shot in the head in episode 1 of R1 and stayed down for quite a while. So maybe it depends on the injury or maybe they can control how fast the wound(s) heal?

Unless he could stay dead for hours, or until they buried him I doubt he would've gotten away, everyone else seems to have convinced you already though.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Nunally was already able to tell whether or not someone was telling the truth just by holding someone's hand, why couldn't she see more? Besides it couldn't have been some kind of Geass, as one there was no Geass symbol in her eye, and two Lelouch didn't have the code.

Sorry I meant to put "I see now why Lelouch is NOT immortal"

As for Nunnally, don't you think it's a bit odd though? I mean yes she can tell if a person is lying, but they made it seem as if she was psychic or able to read minds(like Mao lol). She shouldn't be able to know all that by just touching them, unless she had help with some supernatural aid.

The OVA only came out around a month ago so there's no chance it would have been dubbed (plus Bandai went under if I recall correctly).

Bandai went under? Wow. That's probably why I think they sold Code Geass to Funimation.

Any of the OVAs worth watching?.

Sorry I wouldn't know I haven't watched any.

Last edited:
What?! Bandai is gone? Now there won't be anymore Digimon from them :/

Well anyways, Cascade, that question was aimed at everyone on the thread. Read there was one where Lelouch comes back on his birthday or something kinda like a ghost or something, anyone know if that one is good?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

blackterminator3

I just bought Code Geass 2 weekends ago. My friend loves this anime. So, I thought I would give it a chance. So far I am on episode 2.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
You do know they have the first season free on YouTube right?

Gurren Lagann's free on YouTube and I bought that. Same with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. For me, it's if I love the series enough, I'll buy it. BUY EVERY ANIME YOU WATCH EVER

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Gurren Lagann's free on YouTube and I bought that. Same with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. For me, it's if I love the series enough, I'll buy it. BUY EVERY ANIME YOU WATCH EVER

I always try it out before I buy it. I don't want to waste money on an anime I know I won't like. I do have Code Geass R1 on DVD though, I'm just mad they still have not released R2 yet.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I always try it out before I buy it. I don't want to waste money on an anime I know I won't like. I do have Code Geass R1 on DVD though, I'm just mad they still have not released R2 yet.

Where do you live that they haven't released R2?

Also I agree with watching a series before you buy, but there are much better alternatives to YouTube (that come with much better quality).

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Also I agree with watching a series before you buy, but there are much better alternatives to YouTube (that come with much better quality).

YouTube's fine since it's so convenient. At least when I'm watching on my iPod where quality isn't much of an issue. I hardly watch YouTube anime on my laptop unless it's old to begin with or something.

I live in the U.S. I should have been more specific though. I wanted the anime legends set of Code Geass R2, I haven't checked though to see if they released it yet.

Odd, I just saw the set last weekend at Fan Expo. This one to be precise.

And for an official trailer they could have done way better.