1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Gundam78, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Gundam78

Gundam78 I’ll... I’ll GET YOU!

Finally... Funimation sent me an email

It’s coming out May 5-6 Sub and 7-8 Dub in theaters.

I encourage everyone to actually support the anime and PAY to see the special. If more people actually pay to see anime.... we would wouldn’t have to wait freaking 10 years for a movie special... would have loved a 50 episode 3rd season

It’s $12.50... book your ticket on fandango

Link

2. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush September 10, 2010 - October 12th, 2019

You don’t need to tell me twice, you can be sure I’m seeing the film. Either way, I’m really excited, May cannot come fast enough.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  3. Gundam78

I already bought my ticket lol... I’m excited

Jerimiyah likes this.
  4. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush September 10, 2010 - October 12th, 2019

I’m buying mine the second I get home. But yeah, I’m so excited. I loved the series so I have no doubt I’ll love the movie as well.

5. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Out of greed, Sunrise really and truly ruined one of anime's most interesting and most mysterious (and I suppose most spoiled) endings by revealing to us that Lelouch isn't dead instead of just letting the fans duke it out to the end of days. What made them think that was a good idea? At least with the Akito the Exiled films, it happened I guess somewhere during or shortly after the main series, but I think they made it clear that it was an AU.

Really, I'm torn about this. Least it's a good thing it's gotten a dub because I can't imagine Lelouch without Johnny Yong Bosch in all honesty, but I don't know if I'm going to go see it. I'm not even a big fan of the series, I'm just huffy at the fact Sunrise felt they needed to have a continuation/remake when there was no need for one because they want to make it rain money.

Maybe with the updated graphics it'll look just as nice as it did back in 2006, but I was more in it for the melodrama than the animation.

6. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

I don't mind that they gave an alternate ending. Everyone wanted to know who it was driving that carriage when R2 ended.

I'm glad they did the movie trilogy and just made it AU instead of multiple endings.
    Speaking of which, are the movies getting dubbed? Because I've been putting off watching them until Resurrection came.

Jerimiyah and BTS_fan like this.
  7. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi The Great Seal

These movies are AU as well. They do not impact the ending of the main anime. The main writer stated in an interview a long time back that Lelouch was dead at the end of season 2 in the main anime.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...code_geass_creators_have_recently_explicitly/

8. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

The story ends with his death. That’s absolutely true; however, there’s no confirmation that he stays dead and we also know that death is required before code can be activated (Charles s2 ep15). I could go on and on about each of the points that 1 guy brought up in the comments section, but I’ll do that later. Anime and it’s core is an art form, and hence can be subjected to multiple interpretations some of which may not even align with those of the author. Regardless whatever happened in the original is independent of the recap movies and has no bearing on what happens in the new movie.

On the topic of this thread; yeah I’m looking forward to this film though I’m not expecting anything on the lvl of the anime.

9. xEryChan

xEryChan Ed Claus Staff Member Moderator

Got my tickets a while ago. I’m seeing the movie on May 7th and I am so excited, I really can’t wait

10. Gundam78

So the movie was awesome... it felt a bit rushed and could have been 45 mins longer. Glad to find out it’s actually a Phase one of a 10 year plan so maybe we are getting a couple more movies and or series Link

But the thing that pissed me off was that I didn’t know that the movie was a continuation of the movie trilogy’s with its alternative universe (which is completely retarded to me by the way) and not the 50 episode series... I did not know that

I didn’t know until I saw that Shirley was still alive.... I dislike watching things over again and again so I paid the very different movies no mind and then to further piss me off, the movies are sub only smh

BTS_fan likes this.
  11. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

I found out from a couple of sources that it was going to be from the movie continuity earlier this year, so I watched the movie trilogy after watching the main series. They actually have some behind the scenes part in the second movie that takes place in between the end of the first season and before the beginning of the second season, like the parts where Lelouch gets his mind erased and Nunnally's whereabouts when she's kidnapped.

12. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

Watching Resurrection later tonight.

Finished watching the Movie Trilogy. Rushed as it may have been, it was a pretty decent recap without, with the changes pretty much understandable.
    Sets up Resurrection perfectly.
    I enjoyed the movie's take on the Code and Charles and V.V. plans a bit more than R2 did, which, at that point, suddenly dropped on our heads.

The Anime ending was amazing, don't get me wrong.
    But if the movies replace that as the new headcanon, as long as they maintain the standard of what Code Geass was, I don't have an issue with them giving up more of it.
    Can't say no to Lelouch.