• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

code geass

Mimori Kiryu

^Tamaki is one of 'Zero's' underlings. He's a part of the Black Knights.

Anyway, since I'm only watching the English version, I'll comment on Saturday's episode. I LOVED it. I loved every moment of it. Mao returning was a twist I didn't see coming and him kidnapping Nunnally was even better. The idea of a chess game was a little boring (come on, they have mechas in the show for a reason!) but I see the brilliance behind it now. <3 I never had the idea of using the Geass on yourself but I see that Lelouch was as smart as ever. And yay for a lot of Suzaku, though his/Lelouch's memories of the past almost made me want to cry. It was really sad and I usually have a strong hold on my tears.

People are always saying that Lelouch and Light (Death Note) are similar, but now I see that they are actually a lot different. Lelouch cares about more than just himself; he cares about his sister, Suzaku and more or less his classmates. Light was just an asshole who took God's job into his hands, not thinking about anyone but himself.

afvrhousepacific said:
Thank you for pointing that out! I already knew about it, but I wasn't sure anyone else on this forum knew that. haha. I think I prefer C.C. to Talho, just cause I think the voice just works better on C.C. Plus, why do they always have Kate do the little intro recap in Code Geass and the "next episode" preview of Eureka Seven. I just find it odd. I guess she's just one hell of a voice actor!

Oh, don't forget about Crispin Freeman as Margrave Jeremiah!!! Crispin was Holland off of Eureka Seven and I believe Hadji(sp?) off of Blood +.

Jeesh... that's like 3 E7 voice actor cameos.
Haha, I'm usually the only one in my group of friends that knows anything about English voice actors or that keeps up with them. It's nice to see someone else enjoys the English dub enough to keep up with the voice actors.

I assume that the reason Kate does the previews of both series because the character she's playing also does it in Japanese. I'm not sure if that's true but it seems to be the most logical thing.

And yes, Crispin Freeman (one of my favorite VAs of all time) is voicing another crazy kinda character. XD I like Jeremiah, don't get me wrong - it just seems like Crispin gets to play the characters that go crazy, lol.

And it's not only Eureka Seven cameos (Johnny Yong Bosch (Renton), Kate Higgins (Talho), Crispin Freeman (Holland), there's plenty of Naruto cameos too (Yuri Lowenthal (Suzaku in CG; Sasuke in Naruto), Kate Higgins (C.C in CG; Sakura in Naruto), Crispin Freeman (Jeremiah in CG; Itachi in Naruto), Liam O'Brien (Lloyd in CG; Gaara in Naruto). XD Don't ask me how I know these things - it comes with being a lover of English voice actors.

avfrhousepacific said:
Although, Johnny Yong Bosch doing Renton's voice is probably more out of the ordinary and a lot harder to match up.
You should see him recording as Renton. XD It's so weird to see that voice come from his mouth. There's videos on Youtube of it; just search 'Johhny Yong Bosch voices in Eureka Seven' or something like that. It's funny to watch, not to mention he's teaching you how they do the acting for the shows.

afvrhousepacific

One among the fence.
I just watched episode R2 18

I want Suzaku dead. And not just dead, painfully executed. everything, the works.

I am so ungodly ticked off right now I can hardly form sentences.

Lelouch should have just let him die in episode 4. seriously. that would decrease the death toll in this anime by millions.

gah.

damn suzaku!

Asrialys

I just watched episode R2 18

I want Suzaku dead. And not just dead, painfully executed. everything, the works.

I am so ungodly ticked off right now I can hardly form sentences.

Lelouch should have just let him die in episode 4. seriously. that would decrease the death toll in this anime by millions.

gah.

damn suzaku!
As much as I dislike Suzaku a whole lot more than Lelouch, Lelouch takes part of the blame for this episode. He didn't believe Suzaku's claims of having a dangerous weapon. And he ordered Kallen to kill a guy who has a "live on" Geass upon him. Of course, the second wouldn't have happened without the first. Even if Lelouch did believe him, would he still have tried to kill Suzaku. I guess seeing Suzaku getting his mech kicked around so easily got him a little overexcited :p

And I still say that without definite bodies, I can't consider most of those characters dead. Unless they never show up again.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Somehow I see Nunally biting the dust.

afvrhousepacific

One among the fence.
As much as I dislike Suzaku a whole lot more than Lelouch, Lelouch takes part of the blame for this episode. He didn't believe Suzaku's claims of having a dangerous weapon. And he ordered Kallen to kill a guy who has a "live on" Geass upon him. Of course, the second wouldn't have happened without the first. Even if Lelouch did believe him, would he still have tried to kill Suzaku. I guess seeing Suzaku getting his mech kicked around so easily got him a little overexcited :p

And I still say that without definite bodies, I can't consider most of those characters dead. Unless they never show up again.

yeah. i see what you mean there. I was mad about Nunally and also confused (cause Nunally's happiness was the objective of the series the whole time. so who knows) BUT KILLING SAYOKO!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Even before she was all Japanese HxC ninja she was cool. haha, When she was just a maid I was like "one day she's gonna kick somebody's a**". haha and I called it. I still can't believe that happened though.

=[

uber gon

Accept Change
yeah. i see what you mean there. I was mad about Nunally and also confused (cause Nunally's happiness was the objective of the series the whole time. so who knows) BUT KILLING SAYOKO!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Even before she was all Japanese HxC ninja she was cool. haha, When she was just a maid I was like "one day she's gonna kick somebody's a**". haha and I called it. I still can't believe that happened though.

=[

Wonder if we'll see Lelouch use refrain?

Asrialys

Hm, it seems that Code Geass R2 didn't turn out how the director wanted originally. If anyone was curious about any loose ends from the first season, it seems that those were scrapped along with the original idea for the second season. Everything changed because they got a new timeslot. It Would have all worked out if they had gotten the same timeslot.

http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/19/taniguchi-on-geass-not-as-planned/
http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/20/changing-the-time-changing-the-show/

uber gon

Accept Change
It'd be pretty coincidental if Suzaku goes all Sasuke on us in the future after his "incident".

uber gon

Accept Change
I don't care for Suzaku too much right now, but wouldn't want him to go emo! XD

Well he'll be a complete jerk in the end I think.:(

Anyway, I'm hoping the new Lancelot model will look cool.

Asrialys

lol They must be making this stuff as they go along. But I still love how twisted things keep getting.

So Anya is actually Marianne, Lelouch and Nunally's supposedly dead mother. C.C. apparently gave her a Geass long ago. Powers are still unknown, but I assume that it allows body switching. Speaking of C.C., she returns to normal. Seems that she was there the whole time, but just hiding in her World of C. It seems Marianne is on her own agenda. Much about her is still unknown. But her demeanor suggests that she faked her own death and doesn't really care about her children.

Suzaku decides to follow Schneizel in assassinating Charles to make Schneizel the new emperor. And this is all to become the Knight of One. Gino and Cornelia think they've lost it, but can't interfere. Bismarck, the Knight of One, has something behind that shut left eye of his. Presumably his own Geass.

Lelouch Geasses a bunch of Britannian soldiers and cause chaos by making them fight the other non-Geassed Britannian units. Then he traps himself with Charles into their own tomb. This also prevents Charles from going with his plan (lots of yaoi jokes abound).

The Black Knights and Schneizel announce Zero dead. Diethard somehow got beat up for some reason off-screen.

Raising more questions without solving any. Way to go :p

uber gon

Accept Change
Something tells me Suzaku and Lelouch are gonna bite the big one in the end.

afvrhousepacific

One among the fence.
/geass

sad day

the zero requiem is complete =[