1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Codecs vs Guidances

Discussion in 'Face-Offs' started by Auraninja, May 20, 2019.

1. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

In this face-off you will vote for which is better, the Snake Codec or the Palutena Guidance for each fighter in Smash Bros. that has both.
    Which is funnier, has the wittier dialogue, is more interesting, etc. We will be going in fighter number order, so Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, etc.

I want to state a few notes.
    1. In the case of two guidances, we will go with the Wii U version of the guidance. Do not refer to the ultimate guidance for those cases.

2. On 28, we will be doing "I'm fighting myself", where Snake and Pit comment on another Snake or Pit, since they have the same gist.
    We will likely skip Pit Codec and Snake Guidance, since they don't really correlate.

3. The Pokemon Trainer is being done as one, so no guidances on the individual Pokemon the Pokemon Trainer owns.

References:

Codecs
    Codecs
    Guidances

And use youtube for listening to the conversations in case you want to hear delivery.

General Rules:
    1. First to 1o wins.
    2. You can vote whenever, but don't double post. Time waits may be listed on the title in case this gets popular.
    3. Also, this is optional, but please leave a comment from time to time as to why you voted one way or the other.

Results:

As for right now, it's-a Mario time.

Mario Codec vs Mario Guidance

I'm going with the Guidance since it does a bit more. Pit talks about Subspace and even wants to get Mario's autograph.

Mario Codec: 0
    Mario Guidance: 1

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  2. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Mario Codec: 1
    Mario Guidance: 1

3. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I don't feel like this face-off is really going to flourish, but I might as well try.

Mario Codec: 1
    Mario Guidance: 2

4. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Not surprised from personal experience. A lot of active fans in the anime section seem to very well know what Pokemon Adventures stories are and anime discussions that are directly about Pokemon Adventures seem to be fairly popular but even then it's still a slept-on manga and the face-off section is one of the slept-on sections of Serebii.net. Yet even then, I'm still trying to work with what I get because Pokemon Adventures offers all sorts of fun options.

Mario Codec: 2
    Mario Guidance: 2