• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Codecs vs Guidances

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In this face-off you will vote for which is better, the Snake Codec or the Palutena Guidance for each fighter in Smash Bros. that has both.
Which is funnier, has the wittier dialogue, is more interesting, etc. We will be going in fighter number order, so Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, etc.

I want to state a few notes.
1. In the case of two guidances, we will go with the Wii U version of the guidance. Do not refer to the ultimate guidance for those cases.

2. On 28, we will be doing "I'm fighting myself", where Snake and Pit comment on another Snake or Pit, since they have the same gist.
We will likely skip Pit Codec and Snake Guidance, since they don't really correlate.

3. The Pokemon Trainer is being done as one, so no guidances on the individual Pokemon the Pokemon Trainer owns.

References:

Codecs
Codecs
Guidances

And use youtube for listening to the conversations in case you want to hear delivery.

General Rules:
1. First to 1o wins.
2. You can vote whenever, but don't double post. Time waits may be listed on the title in case this gets popular.
3. Also, this is optional, but please leave a comment from time to time as to why you voted one way or the other.

Results:

As for right now, it's-a Mario time.

Mario Codec vs Mario Guidance

I'm going with the Guidance since it does a bit more. Pit talks about Subspace and even wants to get Mario's autograph.

Mario Codec: 0
Mario Guidance: 1

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Mario Codec: 1
Mario Guidance: 1

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't feel like this face-off is really going to flourish, but I might as well try.

Mario Codec: 1
Mario Guidance: 2

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Not surprised from personal experience. A lot of active fans in the anime section seem to very well know what Pokemon Adventures stories are and anime discussions that are directly about Pokemon Adventures seem to be fairly popular but even then it's still a slept-on manga and the face-off section is one of the slept-on sections of Serebii.net. Yet even then, I'm still trying to work with what I get because Pokemon Adventures offers all sorts of fun options.

Mario Codec: 2
Mario Guidance: 2