• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Codename: Kids Next Door Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccangelopearl1362

Talk about an interesting position I find myself in at this moment. Now to welcome all of you to the Codename: Kids Next Door shipping area of the Serebii Forums. I don't doubt that many of you may be asking, "What's Codename: Kids Next Door?". It was a Cartoon Network program about five 10-year-olds running around acting like secret agents and solving various problems for kids, with the help of other prepubescent spies around the world. An old lady with a lot of cats, a group of candy-loving pirates, a wizard capable of hurling dodgeballs with magic, and a shadowy man who can throw fireballs are among the villains in this show. Codename: Kids Next Door officially ended in January 2008, but perhaps some of you out there still have some memories about it.

(All-Important) Rules:

1. Anything related to a Codename: Kids Next Door couple you like, such as attributes or moments, is okay.
2. If you intend to debate any pairing, make absolutely certain that you understand any points considered to be the respective pairings' strengths.
3. Every fanart piece and music video posted must have a cited source, whether you made it or someone else did.
4. No bashing, PLEASE.
5. Above all else, have fun.

Couples (In My Memory):

1. Nigel/Rachel
2. Wally/Kuki
3. Hoagie/Abby
4. Lee/Sonia
5. Patton/Fanny
6. Bartie/Virginia
7. Herbie/Lizzie
8. Nigel/Abby
9. Hoagie/Fanny
10. Patton/Rachel
11. Nigel/Lizzie
12. Heinrich/Abby

Last edited:

JPG

well i very much am for Nigel and Rachel. they just seem to fit together. plus, i never did like lizzy.

ccangelopearl1362

You don't say, JPG. In my case, I regard(ed) Nigel and Rachel to be a couple of very smart and serious commanders within the Kids Next Door. They're the ones who are charged with knowing exactly what any of their usual enemies are up to, so I would think that Nigel and Rachel are willing to tell their friends the truth, based on what they have researched. I would expect the two of them to be leading a mission if some particularly catastrophic enemy was about to emerge, and once Nigel and Rachel are done, they might consider going out on a date, treating said date as a sort of special mission.

Fortunately for me, I opine that Lizzie may be better off with Herbie, since I consider both of them to be most likely to be simple, ordinary kids within the world of the Kids Next Door. Herbie tends to be shy around Lizzie, but Lizzie might very well take a liking to Herbie. I would envision both of them to be eager to, say, get some ice cream, walk in the park, or eat at a new restaurant together. Herbie and Lizzie might be amazed at some of the things that Nigel, Rachel, and the other Kids Next Door deal with, but overall, all of them should be fine as they are.

JPG

You don't say, JPG. In my case, I regard(ed) Nigel and Rachel to be a couple of very smart and serious commanders within the Kids Next Door. They're the ones who are charged with knowing exactly what any of their usual enemies are up to, so I would think that Nigel and Rachel are willing to tell their friends the truth, based on what they have researched. I would expect the two of them to be leading a mission if some particularly catastrophic enemy was about to emerge, and once Nigel and Rachel are done, they might consider going out on a date, treating said date as a sort of special mission.

Fortunately for me, I opine that Lizzie may be better off with Herbie, since I consider both of them to be most likely to be simple, ordinary kids within the world of the Kids Next Door. Herbie tends to be shy around Lizzie, but Lizzie might very well take a liking to Herbie. I would envision both of them to be eager to, say, get some ice cream, walk in the park, or eat at a new restaurant together. Herbie and Lizzie might be amazed at some of the things that Nigel, Rachel, and the other Kids Next Door deal with, but overall, all of them should be fine as they are.

nigel and rachel would tell sector V but they'd keep it a secret at first. both of them are straight shooters. a section commander dating the supreme commander would cause a bit of a uproar. not to mention hoggie and wally would ride nigel like a horse when they do find out.

ccangelopearl1362

a section commander dating the supreme commander would cause a bit of a uproar. not to mention hoggie and wally would ride nigel like a horse when they do find out.

(clearing throat):

*Nigel and Rachel sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!*

Maybe a new mission will give Nigel and Rachel some time to bond with each other, getting to know each other's strengths. Given all the romantic speculation I've seen regarding Wally and Kuki, Nigel and Rachel might decide to tell everybody else -- if those two commanders opine that the time is right. It may be just as well that I should know how much speculation has churned and bubbled regarding Wally and Kuki's romantic friendship, given their moments throughout the whole show. As I type this, I remember some deviantART images that might serve my thoughts regarding the first three couples I cited, three of my current top four favorite couples in Codename: Kids Next Door.:

[IMG139]http://fc34.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/337/8/8/Boys_and_their_Dolls_by_OrionStorm.jpg[/IMG139]
http://orionstorm.deviantart.com/art/Boys-and-their-Dolls-105229095

[IMG139]http://fc39.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/336/8/2/Girls_and_their_Dolls_by_OrionStorm.jpg[/IMG139]
http://OrionStorm.deviantart.com/art/Girls-and-their-Dolls-105170732

OrionStorm, one of the biggest Wally/Kuki shippers I've come to familiarize myself with during my time in the Codename: Kids Next Door fandom, drew both of those images. No need to worry, though. She's not the only major Wally/Kuki, Nigel/Rachel, and Hoagie/Abby shipper I know of.

Mizumi

dazzles everybody!
KND <333 This show had some awesome couples (even if they were all 10 XD)

One that's STILL clear in my mind is definitely Wally and Kuki (4 and 3). I loved all the moments they had together. <3 I also really loved how Wally was always teased for liking Kuki. Teasing always helps bring people together (;

Hmmm... Nigel and Rachel? Not too sure of them, but, whatever. XD

This used to be my favorite. fandom. ever. when it came to shipping. I kinda lost interest in it after the series ended, but I love remember all those times that I would stay up into the wee hours of the night obsessing over shippings, reading fanfiction, looking at fanart.

Originally, Wally/Kuki was my main obsession. I loved watching the episodes to see all their interactions and would always grin stupidly whenever Wally came close to confessing to her, and all that other stuff. But eventually, I became sort of overwhelmed. 34 stuff was EVERYWHERE and it was beginning to get too fluffy and cutesy for my tastes. So I started to drift away from it and fell in love with my new favorite KND ship... Hoagie/Abby.

I remember feeling like the lone 25 shipper in the sea of 15 supporters (which still makes me cringe I will admit... I only ever liked in on a sibling-level, but whatever). I went back through the episodes to see all the 25 hints... I love how Numbah 2 would always make lame puns and Numbah 5 would hit him with her hat... So cute. :3 But yeah, I would read a ton of fanfictions (mostly AUs...that are incompleted/have been lost into obilivion...) and even tried writing some of my own. I never finished them either...
My brain's kinda dead atm, so I can't think of my favorite 25 episodes, but I'll get back to it, haha.
But I was soo happy when 25 became canon at the end of the series. All my obsessive shipping and cries of "Hoagie and Abby will get together, I know it!" weren't wasted, lol.

I also liked 22/35, even though it was only hinted at in Operation: SLUMBER. And I started to get into 1/362, as I never really shipped Nigel with anyone else before, but the interactions he and Rachel had nearing the end of the series were interesting and showed potention for relationships... Plus, Lizzie always got on my nerves so I never supported Nigel's relationship with her... There were only a few times he seemed to show a genuine liking, which were super sweet, but beyond that, it didn't do much for me.

Gah, I think that's enough ranting for now, but you can expect me to be a regular poster. :D Let the KND shipping still live on!

ccangelopearl1362

Wally/Kuki, Hoagie/Abby, or Nigel/Rachel? I can remember the last two kids' conversation while the other Kids Next Door were playing tag, along with several others right up to the end of the episode. In my case, Nigel/Rachel was the very first couple I ever supported for this show, with Wally/Kuki, Hoagie/Abby, Patton/Fanny, Bartie/Virginia, Herbie/Lizzie, and Lee/Sonia falling into place as time progressed. It was from these Codename: Kids Next Door couples that I made an assumption about dynamics between any couple for any show. No need to worry, Renowned Obscurity and Mizumi. I trust that all of you will have some new thoughts of your own regarding romance in Codename: Kids Next Door.

Status
Not open for further replies.