• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cold As Pryce! (239)

Littlemyuu

It was a nice episode, glad they found pilowswine

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought this was a very good episode. It scared me to see Ash and Pryce fall off that cliff. Luckily they ended up okay. It was very foolish of Ash to use Phanpy against Pryce's Dewgong. The story of how Pryce's Piloswine disappeared was very sad. Luckily they were able to find it and thaw it out. I was surprised that it was still in good shape after all those years. I am also glad that Pryce agreed to battle Ash for his badge.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Great episode. When was the last time a Gym Leader got such an interesting backstory?

They really out did themselves with this one. I liked it when we got to see how strong Pryce was in the past. And the whole meditating under a waterfall scene in the beginning reinforces how dedicated to training he is.

Loved to see Ash save Piloswine from the ice. 9/10

CliveKoopa

How did Piloswine survive in that ice block all that time? I thought he would have froze or starved to death being stuck there for all those years.

JohnLee

Great episode. When was the last time a Gym Leader got such an interesting backstory?

They really out did themselves with this one. I liked it when we got to see how strong Pryce was in the past. And the whole meditating under a waterfall scene in the beginning reinforces how dedicated to training he is.

Loved to see Ash save Piloswine from the ice. 9/10

Hmm let's see. Brock and Misty defintely have an interesting back story. I would also say that Roark does too, with the whole story with his dad.

It was nice to see Pryce to a complete 180 and show his softer side when it came to his dear friend Piloswine. This episode pumped me up for the gym battle!

saar

Shiny Flygon
Pryce was really tough as a gym leader, but with Pyloswine he wasn't.
His story was exciting.. I almost cried :(

Sayho1234

If there's one thing that Johto did right it was developing gym leaders from beyond just a mere, simple, cardboard-cutout, character, and this episode had indeed proved that.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... I was glad Pryce was finally reunited with Piloswine after all those years. I'm surprised it was able to survive all those years. The story behind Pryce and Piloswine's past and how Pryce thought Piloswine left him, when in fact it was trying to find herbs to help heal his wounds, but instead became frozen was cool to listen to.

50/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was cool. Glad to see Pryce and Pilsowine to be together again after being seperated for so long. Cool to see some history behind a gym leader.

7/10

It was cool to see the backstory of Pryce, which gave him more of a personality. It was so sad... It was awesome that he found Piloswine again! It was also good that his Dewgong defeated Ash's Phanpy, hopefully Ash learned from that... Ash got put in his place and deserved to lose, so it was good that he didn't get a lucky win... I love this awesome, perfect and beautiful episode. And it was very emotional as well. This is what I love so much about the Original Series, everything post-Original Series lacks that... 10/10 for this awesome episode! This episode is the perfect build-up to that awesome gym battle.

7threst

Something about Pryce really made like him in both character and personality. To find out about his whole background and history what resulted in him being having that view about Pokémon is certainly superbly done. And at the end, that when he found his Piloswine and rethought his view about Pokémon was great too. It gave a nice end for both Pryce and it set the stone for the gym battle in the next episode.

Blessed

A very good episode. The whole back story of Price and his Piloswine was really touching and almost made me cry. Nice to know that Pryce's bitterness melted away when he got reunited with his Piloswine after so many years. Poor Phanpy getting one shot by Dewgong's Ice Beam, but that's what happens when Ash gets over confident so he deserved to lose that battle.

Zamin

Great episode! It was great to see Pilowswine reunited with Pryce and I realised that I have been pronouncing it wrong for years. I have always called it Pillow-swine (as in the thing your head sleeps on lol)

NPT

Just a member
"As Cold as Pryce!"

When I first watched this episode, I found Pryce's backstory with Piloswine heartwarming. It's sad how Piloswine went out of the snowbound cottage to find herves for Pryce, but ended up getting frozen in an icy carven. I didn't like the way Pryce thought that his Piloswine aboadoned him and stopped treating his Pokémon as his friends, but I liked the scene when he found with his Piloswine frozen in the ice carven. It was nice to see Pryce finally reuniting with his Piloswine, as well as understanding what friendship means.

The Gym battle between Ash and Price was kind of meh. Phanphy got knocked out too soon, so I didn't enjoy the Gym battle in this episode.

zhixun

Satoshi did not think about the type matching at the beginning of the battle was not good in my opinion since he should have known this ages ago. Good use of Waninoko to slow down the falling speed although I think Satoshi was still being reckless. I assume that Yanagi has aged more than 30 years so it is amazing that Inomoo is still alive after being frozen for a long time.

I actually got a little choked up when Pryce broke down apologizing to Piloswine. :(
Glad that him reuniting with his long lost Piloswine turned him in to a less cold person. :)