• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Coldcoffeeshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Welcome to the Coldcoffeeshipping Thread!~

What is Coldcoffeeshipping, you ask?

It is the belief that Paul (Jp. name Shinji) and Barry (Jp. name Jun) should be a couple! It's name stems from the fact that Paul can be a very coldhearted person, while Jun is extremely hyperactive, like he just drank about 7 cups of coffee. While this lovely ship remains nevermet at the moment, there is hope that Paul and Jun will meet up in the future!

Why?
Well why not?
Clashing personalities are fun, and Jun has already shown "interest" in Paul... Sure, Paul might be a bit...disturbed/annoyed he has a hyperactive fanboy, but who knows, he might warm up to Jun eventually, and even come to respect him as a Trainer! (Or more ;D)

So if you're a fan of Coldcoffeeshipping, or are simply interested in the ship, then come on in!~​

But first, there are some RULES:

1. READ and OBEY the SPPf Rules and the Shipper's Community Rules.
2. No one liners. It's in the Shippers Comm rules, but there is a reason I'm restating it. Please add some meat and substance to your post to incite some discussion! :D
3. No Bashing. This means the ship and other members. Please be respectful.
4. Stay on topic. We're here to discuss the greatest that is Coldcoffeeshipping, remember? Not what you're doing over the weekend.
5. Give credit. When posting fanfiction/fanart that is not yours, please give the person credit.

Just a note: Since Jun has yet to appear in the English dub of the anime, there will be spoilers. This also means his English name has yet to be confirmed, so we'll just stick with Jun for now. ;D Jun has finally made his US anime appearance! Paul fanboying and all... And his English name has been confirmed...as Barry.

Fanstuff:

Fanfiction
turn the page by Astromelia
Of Coffee and Romance by The Renowned Obscurity
Flavors by The Renowned Obscurity (Smut warning)

Fanart
Biggest idol by Hotsu
Nuisance by Hotsu
Cold Coffee Valentine by willywiluhps

Have anything to add? As long as it contains Coldcoffeeshipping, let me know, and I'll add it in!~

Members:
Me! (The Renowned Obscurity)
Kurai
Tadashi
S-Unit
Hotsu
willywiluhps
Chelc
PurpleMew
C.Gholy
DragonPhantom

Now let's begin with a topic...
Why do you like Coldcoffeeshipping?

Last edited:

Kurai

Elite Sage
Sign me up boo, right now. ;D

I was only half-interested in it beforehand, because I heard Jun was totally obsessed with Shinji. And, of course, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. An older guy fanboying over a younger guy (how I see it, Jun's older than Shinji ;D--makes it more interesting, IMO), now that's just so ghey.

I finally watched the episodes he appeared in, and after reading a few fics yours, I'm so in full support of this shipping. I REALLY want Shinji to see how much Jun loves him his battle style. <3

They MUST MEET. =O

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Yes! I love this pair~

Why do you like ColdCoffeeShipping?

Um um, because it's a nice mix of hotness and cuteness? *shot* But seriously, I love it because of the fact that, not only is Shinji special enough to get his own in-animé fans, the one we get to see first is Jun =D I like how Jun admires (to put it lightly, of course :D) Shinji's strategies, but he doesn't totally mimic it. (By which I mean, he isn't a total jerk ¬¬)

Dang, Kurai, I agree. We need to have these two meet up soon D:

Hai Kurai! Hai Tadashi! ^_^ I'm glad some people posted... ;;

lol, maybe I should answer my own topic question...

Well it first started with this fic: turn the page, by Astromelia. I will admit, this oneshot inspired me to write Coffee Shop Romance...as you could probably tell. ;; But man, the idea of Jun working in a coffeeshop but wearing a dress AND having Paul there to make comments on it was too brilliant not to expand on...
There's also another Coldcoffee chapter later, which I fell in love with.

I guess because it, at the time, so wtf because it was crossing a gameverse character with an animeverse one to create a cracktastic adorable ship.
And then, when Jun appeared in the anime and actually fanboy'd over acknowledged Paul's existance, I loved it even more. I mean, it's one-sided canon yet nevermet at the same time! ...A very interesting an awesome mixture yes?

I was only half-interested in it beforehand, because I heard Jun was totally obsessed with Shinji. And, of course, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. An older guy fanboying over a younger guy (how I see it, Jun's older than Shinji ;D--makes it more interesting, IMO), now that's just so ghey.

I finally watched the episodes he appeared in, and after reading a few fics yours, I'm so in full support of this shipping. I REALLY want Shinji to see how much Jun loves him his battle style. <3

They MUST MEET. =O

Jun being older than Shinji is interesting and I can actually see that being plausible.
And yay, I've converted people! :D

Um um, because it's a nice mix of hotness and cuteness? *shot* But seriously, I love it because of the fact that, not only is Shinji special enough to get his own in-animé fans, the one we get to see first is Jun =D I like how Jun admires (to put it lightly, of course :D) Shinji's strategies, but he doesn't totally mimic it. (By which I mean, he isn't a total jerk ¬¬)

Dang, Kurai, I agree. We need to have these two meet up soon D:

See, that's what's so awesome about Jun - that he can mimic Paul's battle style and still adapt with his own and such. I wonder how Paul will react when he finds out that he has a hyperactive fanboy that loves his battle style...
And the mix of hotness and cuteness is definitely a plus. ;P
But yosh, I agree with both of you! They must meet up soon!

Which prompts me to create a new topic, and hope we get some more posters...

How do you picture Jun and Paul's first meeting?

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
Yay, Coldcoffeeshipping thread!

Because it is practically canon! I mean, Jun is such a fanboi for Shinji it's hilarious, funny, hot and just so outrageous (in a good way)! I nearly about fell off when I heard about Jun's obsessiveness over Shinji.

Two words that are do epic and would make any yaoi fangirl/boi squeal in delight:

MASSIVE GLOMP!!!!!!!!!!

Jun: SHINJI-KUN!!!!!!! AI-SHITERU!!!!!
Shinji: Who are you?
Jun: Your no. 1 fan! I have like videotapes of your every battle! I don't care what Satoshi-kun says about you. You're the best!
Shinji: Uh...thank you. *tries to walk away*
Jun: Shinji-kun, marry me! I want your babies!!!!
Shinji: What!?
Jun: You're marrying me or I'm fining you $10 million. Let's go to City Hall to get the license. *runs off dragging Shinji*

Shinji: Satoshi.........................HELP ME!!!!!!

Hotsu

Ahh I didn't know there's a thread for this! Definitely my place. And shamelessly I advertise my own fan art: this is my first Coldcoffee one and this is the second one. I'll definitely draw more in the future...!

So to the point.

Because I've always been into pairings with characters that have completely opposite personalities. Hyperactive and overly social Jun fanboying calm and cold Shinji makes such a good base! I fell in love with this ship ever since the Jun's debut episode with all his Shinji hype - I mean seriously, he knew who the "uncool" Satoshi and Hikari were just because of Shinji! :D
I also think that it's nice that Shinji who usually is considered just as a major jerk in front of the others has even single one character that appreacites him.

Ha ha... I can imagine Jun being all over Shinji very excited and perhaps too pushy for Shinji's taste. ^^' Though Jun is always in a go he seems pretty clingy to me and isn't aware of physical contact(well he does bump into the other people all the time). Shinji most definitely doesn't even know who in the world Jun is so it could be a major surprise for him to have a sudden fanboy. I think Jun might be perhaps a bit too annoying to him but who knows, my fangirl-ish heart kind of wants to believe that he secretly enjoys the affection Jun would be giving him.

I really want them to meet! ; _ ; But I'm positive that this will happen sooner or later...!

Soooo what do you think, what kind of (disaster) their date would be? I mean Jun is so impulsive and impatient and Shinji surely doesn't seem to show any kind of interest in romance. It propably would feel like an eternity for Jun to wait for a kiss. x3

S-Unit! I was wondering when you were going to post ;D
But you always seems to have some of the best scenarios! :3 There would definitely be a lot of massive glomping involved. This is Jun after all... But I suppose we should start calling him Barry, with the episode airing this Saturday!

And welcome Hotsu! Oh, I've seen your art before; very lovely! I need to update the first post! But before that...topic-answer time!

Well there would be a lot of fanboying... But I actually wrote a drabble about it... Jun would run into Paul, literally of course, and begin to shower him with love. Paul would of course be all "wtf... *disturbed*" and try to slowly walk away... But then Jun starts telling Paul how much he admires him and how he has mimic'd his training style... So Paul gets curious about this and asks to see Jun's Pokemon, and then decides that since he's still too compassion, he's on the same level of patheticness as Ash, causing Jun to cry and then follow Paul to the ends of the Earth trying to earn his love and prove that he's a good trainer...

...I got a bit past the first meeting there, didn't I? ^^; I was hoping they would meet by the Snowpoint Gym, with Jun running into Paul as he got his 7th Badge, but I don't think that's gonna happen. (I've been on vacation so I'm really behind on what's going on in the Japanese episodes...) I do hope that they'll meet up before the League, and maybe get tangled up with Ash in some Team Galactic plot...

The possibilities are endless. ^_^

What kind of (disaster) would their date be?
Oh man... Jun would want to drag Paul EVERYWHERE against his will. They might end up getting into a fight... Or maybe, if Paul was mean to him, Jun would just fall to his knees crying with adorable puppy dog eyes and Paul would just have to give in and buy Jun ice cream or whatever he wanted, lol.
...Gah, I'll probably think of something better later; I'ma bit braindead. -_-

willywiluhps

hai u guise

let me share my art~ I drew it for the Secret Cupid for, of all people, the Renowned Obscurity!! What a crazy coincidence, right?! ;P

Well, I have to admit I do not know much about this ship, but perhaps I can be taught because it looks totes adorable. This is probably going to be a weird thing to say, but...it reminds me of Brutus/Cassius. From Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. I haven't even read that play in three years, but I just remember thinking that Brutus reminded me of Squidward and Cassius reminded me of Paris Hilton for some reason. DOES THIS MAKE ME WEIRD

lol anyway don't answer that

On a date...I can imagine Paul standing him up, haha. Barry would probably hunt him down, imagining that he had met with some terrible fate, only to find him calmly sipping an iced coffee...I think it would be pretty one-sided for a while, but maybe persistence will pay off...? ;)

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
Topic answer time!

The best kind of disaster: a random, chaotic, smexy disaster! Jun would first drag poor Shinji-kun to the Pokemon Ping-Pong tourney, insisting on a doubles (quadruples?) along with Empoleon and Ursaring. Jun would be all hyper and going for the win while Shinji would be like "...whatever, I'm here, what more do you want?"

Jun would then drag them to a movie and insist on sitting in the back row, 'cause its now make-out time! Who cares about shelling out $15 a piece to get in to see the latest incarnation of Harry Pothead, it was time for some serious making-out. Jun would nibble on Shinji's neck and ear until he shouted out: "Magikarp x Snape for life!" which would result in their prompt ejection from the movie theatre.

Jun would then insist on getting some delicious ice cream from the local Baskin Robbins (where a suspicious-looking criminal mastermind was doing his day job). Jun would get a large ice sundae with Shinji getting only a small, one-scoop vanilla cone. Jun would then proceed to feed Shinji the sundae with disastrous results...poor Satoshi and Hajime had their nice date ruined as a result of flying chocolate sauce.

Then Jun would finally drag Shinji bck to his place for a good hard shag final make-out session and a quick battle between Toterra and Empoleon, which Empoleon wins 'cause no one messes with that penguin!

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I'm here to save this thread~ 8D I won't let it die! :<

lol, S-Unit's reply, only more toned-down. I definitely see Jun squealing like the girly fanboy he is. Make no mistake about that ;D He'd totally have a meltdown, like "oh my gooooooooooooooooood it's you! It's really you!" Meanwhile, Shinji is eyeing Jun like the complete retard he is acting like =P Then I can imagine Jun being like, "Battle? Wanna battle? Can we battle? Battle? How bout that battle?" And Shinji says "MY GOD YOU'RE JUST LIKE SATOSHI!" and Jun goes D:

... Yeah. My scenarios kinda get weird at this hour =P

Hotsu

Nooo this thread can't die! T ^ T So luckily I've got a couple of questions...

I was just wondering that which one of these boys you consider as the 'seme' and 'uke' type(I know that some people can't stand this seme/uke stuff but somehow I like it)? Because I've seen Jun being thought as the seme(he's very tall and propably older) yet I definitely see him as the ultimate uke/bottom/whatever. This might be because Japanese artists seem to make blondes to be the ukes so all the fan arts I've seen have the passive Jun... Though we can't call him entirely 'passive'. ;) So I think he's a dominant uke type, it's much more interesting that way anyways!

And my other topic is just about a completely fanon scenario: If Jun met Shinji and decided to travel with him, how would the unsocial Shinji react? He couldn't escape the fast and rushing Jun so he'd have to just deal with it! I guess he might say something mean for example about Jun's battling skills(though he's trying to imitate him...) and then Jun decides to stick with him so he could learn something. I can imagine him offering different kind of favors and poor Shinji getting extremely annoyed by the sudden noisy and exhausting life-style...

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
which one of these boys you consider as the 'seme' and 'uke' type

Jun strikes me as the versatile type. I agree, Hotsu, the Japanese usually make blondes the ukes, but Jun's hyperactivity can make for him to be comfortable in whatever position he ends up in. Seme, uke, Jun's fine as long as he get some lovin'!

Shinji is the seme type. He can do uke, but he prefers being the seme. Shinji likes to be in control.

If Jun met Shinji and decided to travel with him, how would the unsocial Shinji react?

Shinji would probably be annoyed at first. But he wouldn't pay much attention for the first few days. But Jun will make him crack....eventually.

Hotsu

Yeah, I guess Jun really wouldn't mind which way he's going to end up as long as he can get some affection from his precious idol. If he doesn't, he just has to give it twice as much by himself...

But anyways, I found some ShinJun art from pixiv! Since I don't know any Japanese I'm not sure if these artists have their own sites but instead I just put their member profile site here.

[img139]http://i43.*******.com/35n7oqr.jpg[/img139]
By ちま

[img139]http://i40.*******.com/20ab4nd.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i42.*******.com/281eydj.jpg[/img139]
(I'd like to know a translation for this one)
By

[img139]http://i41.*******.com/33zd73d.jpg[/img139]
By 小茶

[img139]http://i42.*******.com/2ut6bfa.jpg[/img139]
By イズミ

Chelc

Lol, for whatever reason, I really like the idea of this shipping. When I think about it, it sounds really amusing, and would be entertaining, for sure. Count me in as a supporter!

I totally didn't expect Barry to be a Paul fanboy. The way he talks about him and idolizes him...just rofl. It's really funny to me. When the two meet, all hell will break lose. It will just make for a great episode.

Barry would be going crazy, probably bowing down to him, and being super clingy and talkative. Paul will be completely freaked out, and irritated, too. Though I think deep down, Paul would enjoy the attention.

LOL. Barry would probably annoy the hell out of Paul, because he's so impatient. If they went out to eat or something, Barry would telling Paul to hurry up and finish his food, so they could go do something else. xD

If Jun met Shinji and decided to travel with him, how would the unsocial Shinji react?
I don't think he'd like it very much. He prefers being alone, as we all know. I think he'd probably snap at Barry and tell him to go on his own journey. Barry would probably follow him, and creep on him the entire time. He'd pop out of bushes and from behind building and stuff, lmao.

which one of these boys you consider as the 'seme' and 'uke' type
I see Barry as the seme. Even though Paul seems like he would be a seme, I can't see it happening in ColdCoffee. Like you guys said, Barry is taller and older, plus he has the crush. :p Paul would be the uke, for sure.

Oh, those are really nice fan arts!! =] Thanks for posting them!

ilyguys for keeping this thread alive after my period of...deadness. ^^;; Tiem to update the member list, yes? : D

First, Hotsu, I loveeee the art you posted! I've barely found any Coldcoffeeshipping fanart, just a bit of stuff on deviantart, just because I'm really bad at navigating Japanese fanart sites... And I'm loving that comic strip. ;x

Which one of these boys you consider as the 'seme' and 'uke' type?
This is a hard question because as S-Unit said, I see Ju- Barry being rather versatile, as long as he gets some Paul lovin' ;P While Paul does seem more like the seme type because of his personality, and the fact that he would probably want to be dominant, it would be Barry would be all *glomp* and seme-like. Though uke!Barry ish pretty hawt too...

"STOP STALKING ME!"
Oh boy, Paul definitely wouldn't be happy. Seeing that Barry's so clingy, Paul would probably get annoyed with him veryyy quickly. Probably alot of rage and then crying and pleading on Barry's part... I'm hoping that somehow Paul would end up tolerating Barry's personality. Reluctantly realize that Barry's adorable and that deep down inside within his non-existant soul he actually likes travelling with him? lol, I wonder how likely that is.

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
*revives thread*

New Topic time:

How would Jun and Shinji's relationship be viewed by others?

It would be a fangirl/boi's dream come true, but there would be many broken hearts all over the place. In terms of Shinji's family, Reiji would be a little weary of Jun's hyperactivity but would soon grow to love him. Who knows (or cares) what Shinji's parents think.

Hikari would be all "WTF?" She'd wonder why anyone would want to go for the cold, ice-b*tch Shinji. Satoshi would also wonder why as well too ignoring Jun and Shinji's attempts to get him into their relationship. Frappuccinoshipping FTW! Kengo would be supportive and encouraging of Jun and Shinji (as well as secretly screaming with joy as two more competitors for Satoshi's affections are eliminated in his mind).

Hotsu

How would Jun and Shinji's relationship be viewed by others?

I like the idea oj Reiji being very happy about it and even encourage his little brother to be more open and close with someone else. Oh man, now I can't get the image out of my head him asking Jun to stay for a sleep over and give Shinji some ~advices~...

Satoshi, Hikari and Takeshi - propably not so satisfied, though as we know, Satoshi is pretty dumb when it comes to such things as relationship, so he wouldn't understand it so well. Hikari then would be worried if Jun were about to be badly disappointed and hurt, but since she's so optimistic she could give it a chance. And about Takeshi, I can't help but remember that episode when Shinji was stalking the protagonist trio in the bushes and Takeshi started that little chat with him - maybe he would do the same this time too, much to Shinji's annoyance...!

I see Kengo as a much more calmer and down-to-earth kind of person when comparing to Jun, so he could be trying to calm his best friend down a little - something like: "Ah, maybe you shouldn't be so clingy towards Shinji... ^^' H-hey, you can't do that in public!" but still be happy that his friend has actually found something that he won't lost interest to so quickly. And poor Kengo would be the victim of Jun's Shinji babbling, of course!

How about Palmer, Jun's father? I know that he hasn't showed up in the anime yet but he most definitely will and he's still his father, no matter what. In the games he seems to be much like Jun but I imagine him being a bit possesive over his only son, maybe even jealous since Jun has found another person to look up to. So, he could use his status as a top Pokemon trainer and tease his son's lover like "ha ha, you can't touch him until you beat me!". Well, this might get Shinji to think if it was such a good idea to get involved with this not-so-normal family... ;D

PurpleMew

no promises
S-Unit so didn't ask me to do this. I'd like to join <<3

When I first saw Jun's cameo in the anime, I was like wow. He is one cool guy. After getting into the Bishieshipping mode Mewluvr200 kept going on about how awesome Paul is, I then realised after a scope of the shipping forum that ColdCoffee excisted. After someone requested a banner from me I realised that this ship is pure win. I love this pairing and am kinda just interested at the moment but I will hopefully get into it more.

I also made 6 icons of Jun. I asked S-Unit for the screens. I hope you guys like them and feel free to use them with credit. They are kind of bright lmao.

[IMG139]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/ikuty/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/Jun01.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/ikuty/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/Jun02.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/ikuty/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/Jun03.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/ikuty/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/Jun04.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/ikuty/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/Jun05.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/ikuty/Icons/Anime/Pokemon/Jun06.png[/IMG139]

I actually thought they may have met in the anime already or will in the future during the E4 or a tag contest like the one in Hearthrome. I reckon they will meet after Jun and Ash battle again in the future. Paul will be watching from afar and gets interested in Jun's battling style and they really hit it off after a chat and it's obvious what will happen next... hot love.

ChloboShoka

Writer
A very belated post.~ Pretty icons Nickbabes.
Cause Jun being a hyper fan boy on Shinji is a pretty awesome trait. Clashing personality ships are always fun and if they did meet and Jun went all hyper, Shinji would be like WTF. Coffeeshipping is a nice name as well.

I picture it as being a really crazy one. I feel the pair of them meeting is highly likey in a tag battle or near the elite four time. If the pair of them battled Jun would be like, "OMG IT'S SHINJI-KUN!" possible it might end up as something like have my babies or something on jun's part and Shinji would be like "..."

Maybe Jun could melt his heart. <3

Jun panicking over Shinji banging onto something and then ending up embarrassing both of them then he ends up getting dumped on the spot and Jun will continue to beg for forgiveness, leading Shinji to hate him even more. Then he breaks down and everyone gives Shinji dirty looks.

Though hopefully it get's sorted out.

Hotsu

Those are very cute icons, thank you! I'm sharing more fanart:
[img139]http://i44.*******.com/2e18850.jpg[/img139]
By あめぐちょ

Apparently this is from DP111 where Hikari landed on top of Jun when she fell... Well obviously this is what was on Jun's mind! XD

Second, I have another topic question: If Jun was about to know how Shinji treats his Pokemons, how would he react? Because Jun seems to admire his idol so he doesn't see(or just doesn't want to believe it since Satoshi tried to tell him) his darker side. Though their battle styles are similiar, Jun cares for his Pokemons a lot, especially Empoleon who does all that crazy goofy stuff with it's trainer. Could Jun get over Shinji's personality and believe that he's not all evil or join the others and think him as a jerk too?

I think he'd might get a bit disappointed and shocked but after some thinking he'd tell Shinji he still looks up to him as a trainer and wants to follow him. It would be boring if everybody were against Shinji and Jun is a good opportunity to have a character who could try a bit harder to understand(beside Reiji). Though he may not be good at things like this he propably has a serious side too.

//: Oh and, I'm having a huge Coldcoffeeshipping + crossovers phase right now! Somehow, to Shuichi's and Yuki's(Gravitation) relationship reflects how Shinji's and Jun's one would be and I'm drawing a Tenshi ni Narumon crossover of those two at the moment. ^^'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.