• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Collab Team

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry

Introduction

Hey everyone, welcome to a collaborative RMT made by Aura Sensei [SUP]TM[/SUP] and myself. We have bounced ideas off of each other and attempted making a few teams together before but I believe this is the first team we have actually finished one together. Even if it isn't, this is definitely the first one we have both used. Anyways, this is an underused hyper offense team. We decided to go with split offenses when making the team to cover more threats.

The Team
Glow_zps91b24699.png

Claydol @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Claydoll is the teams obligatory Stealth Rocker setter, Dual Screener, and Spinner all rolled into one mon. He can normally do his job more than once if it's needed and can switch in and spin on occasion. His defenses are maxed out to take hits since he won't be dishing them out. His item is light clay for those 8 turn screens. He is pretty much the definition of a support mon and there really isn't anything else to say.

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt

If you are familiar with UU you are probably wondering why we don't run HP fighting over Energy Ball or Thunderbolt. Honestly though, our train of thought was just about every dark or steel type will plow through or be plowed through with or without HP Fighting. The only real exceptions to this are DD Scrafty (which can't set up if we are set up) and Registeel. We really needed a way to hit Swampert (outside of Shaymin) so we decided that it would be worth it to use Energy Ball over Hp Fighting, while T-bolt still enables us to hit most steels for at least neutral damage. Nasty Plot was chosen over Calm Mind since neither of us believed Mismagius would be tanking many attacks. The ev's we have maximize speed while still allowing us to hit very hard. We chose 4 def ev's instead of hp so that we could switch into stealth rocks for less damage.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Rest

Shaymin is here to tank hits, be a pivot, and give us a heavy hitter when we don't have an opportunity to set up. He also really helps with water types which our team isn't to crazy about. If used right, Rest can make the game essentially a 7-6 match or even 8-6 from turn 1, which can really pressure our opponents depending on their teams. We have our speed maxed out to speed tie other base 100's, then we dumped the rest of our ev's into sp atk and hp to maximize our damage output and give a little extra bulk.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Here is one of the most standard sets on the team. Substitute is great to drop on opponents with choice locked moves that don't bother Raikou to much, and it really helps against stall tactics and most scarfers. Calm mind lets us set up and sweep teams, which is really effective with substitute against special attackers. T-bolt and Hp Ice give us a pseudo bolt-beam coverage going on. Our max speed investment enables us to speed tie against opposing Raikou, Azelf, and Ambipom. Lastly we have Leftovers as a form of recovery, which allows us to make more substitutes and get more Calm Mind boosts when needed.

Crobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt

One of Crobat's main jobs is to counter DD Scrafty. Crobat outspeeds Scrafty even at +1, then proceed to OHKO the Scrafty with Brave Bird as long as rocks are on the field. Crobat's other main job is stall breaking and this is easily the best set to do that with. Taunt prevents recovery moves, set up moves, status inducing moves, hazard setting moves, and any other non direct damaging move my opponents can make. This in conjunction with Roost prevents anyone from stalling our Crobat. Brave Bird is an excellent Stab move that is necessary to eliminate opposing Scrafties. U-turn gives us a way to scout as well as gain momentum, which is something HO teams definitely do not mind. The Ev's are fairly standard but I will do a quick run through: the 4 sp def ev's prevent sp atk download boosts, the 136 spd ev's and Jolly nature allow it to outrun any base 115 Pokemon that don't run a scarf, the 192 atk ev's allow us to OHKO Scrafty, and the rest are just dumped into Hp.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Say hello to my favorite member of the team: Scrafty. This is more or less the standard DDance set, except we decided to run Shed Skin over moxie. The reasoning behind this was: we didn't status moves ruining the days of our sweepers. Now we have a status absorber (Shaymin does this as well, but Shaymin can't set up) that at any time can randomly become a deadly sweeper. Scrafty also has surprising speed, at +1 our Scrafty out speeds all max speed base 108 mons. So we chose Leftovers and Drain Punch over Life Orb and Hi Jump Kick for more longevity, which may allow us to boost more often. We also chose Ice Punch as our coverage move because of how many random mons it gives us super effective coverage on we wouldn't have normally.

Eaglehawk

Banned
To be completely honest, I feel that you are missing the mark on this "hyper offensive" Dual Screens team. Your team does lack a lot of offensive pressure due to attempts to balance out offense and defense. In fact, I will go as far as to say that both of you are going overboard with the defensive "checking" and whatnot (especially with a bulky Crobat with no boosting moves @_@). To start off, you have Dual Screens, which give your Pokemon extra defenses to continue to abuse boosting moves (Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, etc.) By adding defensive pivots to a team whose main goal is to snag and control the offensive momentum at almost every point in the game, you make your team far less threatening.

To start off, I would drop Claydol for something like Azelf for two reasons. First, Claydol's job as a Dual Screener is extremely subpar and many other notable Dual Screeners in the tier, specifically Azelf and Mew, can basically do the job better. Claydol has an abysmal speed that makes it extremely susceptible to Taunt, which can cost you a lot of your early game offensive pressure. Furthermore, Claydol has really no redeeming support qualities on a Dual Screens set that makes him either benefits the team from the first few turns (Azelf Memento or Baton Pass Mew for momentum) or can easily switch the the momentum of mid-late game in one move (Lunar Dance Cresselia can fully restore the HP and PP of a Pokemon close to death). Claydol really has ... nothing besides Rapid Spin. Rapid Spin may have some redeeming qualities on some offensive teams, but it's pretty much a wasted slot on a Hyper Offensive team like this.

Second, Claydol is massive set-up bait. It has no way of deterring opponents from setting up on him (SD Heracross or some other dumb boosting sweeper) or stop opponents from setting up on it (Hazards in general). And no: just because I said that he is set-up bait for hazards does not merit the use of Claydol for Rapid Spin.

The second Pokemon that comes into question in Crobat. Yes, I know that Crobat is a great pivot, but on a team where Dual Screens makes everyone a great pivot into such-and-such pokemon, his use is kind of wasted, especially when it's used to check something ridiculous like DD Scrafty (which Heracross of any variation can beat btw). I would recommend using this spot to invest in something that has a strong priority move to prevent Scarfed things from RKing you (which is especially prevalent since stuff like Scarf Krookodile, Scarf Victini, and Scarf Mienshao can RK +2 DD Scrafty). IIRC from Smogon, Mismagius + Sub SD Bisharp make a pretty strong offensive core, so you can easily build an all-out offensive team around this simple core. You can also opt in for SD Mew. SD Mew survives a STAB Crunch from Krookodile and can OHKO back with a Drain Punch.

Also, on a side note, boosting moves are your best friends. The more pokemon on your Dual Screens team, the better (basically).

I also prefer QD Lilligant > Shaymin. Healing Wish on a QD Lilligant gives offensive presence with the added bonus of a strong game-changing move.

Finally, run LO CM Raikou over SubCM Raikou. SubCM is basically protective buffer for safer setups. Dual Screens essentially does the same thing, so running an extra move that gives it better coverage is recommended.

TL;DR
Any fast, useful Dual Screeners > that abysmal Claydol
Priority user with boosting move > Crobat
Lilligant > Shaymin

P.S. My favorite Pokemon to use on a Hyper Offensive team is NP + Agility Porygon-Z ;)