1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Collections~

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Kirby, May 28, 2012.

1. Kirby

Kirby ʘ‿ʘ Staff Member Admin

I wasn't originally going to make a topic ever again but some cool people in #spp-misc told me to do this and because I've seen a few people (moot, butterfly, etc) who have pretty cool collections of stuff that are worthy of being shown off.

So anyways in case it's not obvious, if you guys have collections you can show them here, include pictures if you want, or just descriptions.

And it can be of anything as long as it's appropriate...

I guess I'll start this off since I am unfortunately the topic creator.

My main collection I have right now is my Kirby collection. I didn't put any of the games I have in the photo nor did I include any of my small figures I have. I have a few more plushies but they're deep in storage and I am scared for my life to venture in there.

My other collections I have I don't have photos of, but I have a Pokemon collection, Mario collection, and a coin collection that consists of coins from all over the world as well as silver dollars back when they were commonly seen being spent in the USA.

That's all for me really :U

2. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 lost the game again

I collect guitar picks. I keep them even when they're completely destroyed.

3. RAGD0LL

RAGD0LL Gary's Cheerleader

I collect guitar picks too. Mainly because... I play guitar.

I remember this one time at a Jonas Brothers concert (yeah i said jonas brothers), I was standing on my chair and Nick threw me his guitar pick, but this girl in front of me jumped up to catch it before it reached me. And she dropped it by accident, so literally this horde of girls jumped at my feet, and you could hear the scratching of their nails on the floor as they fought for the guitar pick.

Sigh... I would've liked to use Nick's guitar pick. But there was no way I'd jump into that scrap. /random story

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  4. Rave

Rave Banned

5. Josef Stylin

Josef Stylin I want to die

I have a massive collection of disney comics.

I still keep them to read them once in a while and revive the memories of how much time I used to spend reading those. Not gonna lie, nostalgia feels great.

6. SugarFreeJazz

SugarFreeJazz not present

When I was younger I somehow ended up collecting playing cards (like the Bicycle brand and whatnot), so now I continue that whenever I see a cool looking deck that I like. (ie, different shapes, different colors, from another country, etc). I don't go out of my way to collect them, but if I'm in a gift shop at a museum or some tourist trap, I'll probably buy the coolest deck.

7. I dunno why, but I collect anything that's weird, like, shiny rocks with different marks and such.
    Also, Guitar picks. 'Cause I like playing the guitar too.

8. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

This is what happens when a superhero fan finds an actual Job.
    The collection just grows
    , grows, and grows to the point where he realizes he needs more room. I'd post more but I'm too lazy to dig through my other stuff. I have like Shelves full of Riders and Rangers. Aside from the main attraction I have a modest coin collections and graphics novels. I'm also gonna move into video game character collecting starting with figma Samus and D-arts Zero and Vile.

9. Rave

Rave Banned

Hey Skiks. Do you still have that Hunter X Hunter collection I sold you a while back?

10. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

It's still inside a very protective bookcase to keep the dust out. I actually need to buy a glass one so I can show it off better.

11. DR.gonzo

DR.gonzo Well-Known Member

I used to collect and be addicted to buying vinyl . The smell , the artwork and the sound .
    I couldn't pass anywhere that sold records without popping in and spending hours looking through the sections .
    And would allways end up buying a few . I have a wardrobe that's now converted into shelves and it's almost 3/4 full .

I still enjoy going through now and looking at the artwork , reading about the artists and listening back to some old favourites sounding crystal clear through a turntable .

12. Fatal

Fatal Banned

13. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

You can enter the Indigo League!

Mannn, that is so cool. *o*

Where'd they come from?

14. Fatal

Fatal Banned

I got them at Fanime, but you can buy them at sanshee.com

15. THRILLHO

THRILLHO nothin' at all

ok so i collect music - both CD and vinyl - but my vinyl collection is a little bit small still (the final countdown by europe & solace by jakob not pictured), so here is my CD collection. i've got like 250ish CDs (edit: here is a full text list) but my pride and joy is my Steven Wilson stuff which makes up a decent chunk of it:

[img139]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7236/7283539480_285d9ae3c0_c.jpg[/img139]
    (click for huge)

this set of stuff is worth in excess of like $2200 and a few of them are worth well over $200 alone. also have this poster which i didn't get in any other picture. i have a money collection from when i was younger too but that's in a cupboard in my old room and i can't be screwed to get it looking pretty for a photo

16. GlamMeow23

GlamMeow23 Well-Known Member

I collect Maneki Nekos, those kitties with the moving arms. :p

17. Rayce

Rayce _

I love to collect, battle, and modify NERF Blasters. Its a quirky little thing that is a lot of fun with friends!
    Here is my current collection(armory). I use the red one :).
    IMAG0049.jpg

18. terrytorterra

terrytorterra Ka-BOOM

I collect playing cards :D
    I've got at least 30 decks in my drawer, though I have to say I only actually play with about 5 of them, and only one of them I would ever use for playing with friends.
    I try to get cards wherever I go, like how people get travel keychains and what not, so I have a San Francisco one, one from LA, another from Taipei Taiwan, so on.

19. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

I have a several collections.

To start with, my rock collection. I don't have anything too particularly valuable in it, but I do have varying things. Mostly stuff I found while on a trip to Colorado.

I have a cat collection. From various memorabilia including Beanie Babies, stuffed Garfields, and porcelain figurines too numerous to count. My most valuable piece is this persian statue thing. It's estimated to be worth several hundred dollars.

My Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon card collections. I have a lot of Pokémon Cards, but I have A LOT of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Last time I tried to carry my entire collection, I hurt myself and couldn't move very well for a couple of days.

And most important to me is my collection of games. I have a lot of them, ranging from NES to 3DS. My 2 NES systems are still operational, too.

20. Master Leo

Master Leo The Dark Side

I used to collect trading cards when I was younger. Some of those cards included:

Yu-gi-oh
    Dragonball Z
    Duel Masters
    Magic the Gathering
    Pokemon
    And many others :D