• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

College/University Life - How are you faring?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
God no. I generally hate the stereotypical guys like that. Mainly because they show little respect for woman, always try and fight over extremely stupid things and are generally stupid. Try and strike up a conversation with them that isn't about football and they get lost.

I'm just having a little fun with you :D
Meet 80% of the guys at my school.

But that stereotype isn't 100% true. They can act like douchebags at first, but if you really do get to know them they aren't really that bad of people. Yeah, they go after girls a LOT, but that's what every guy wants; they're just more straightforward about it. And I have yet to meet a person who doesn't like sports anyway. Sure they can talk about other things though, you just gotta figure out what else they like.

I'm majoring Science Middle 5-8 Education at Kansas University (also known as KU). It's my second year in KU! I love the school and people but I really hate the weather over here. I'm from California. This wasn't really my first choice but it is great. I'm currently renting an apartment. Which is a few minutes away from campus. Is really a struggle trying to stay in school. While my parents really need me in California. I also hear that is really strange thing that a male is trying to be a teacher in Kansas. Which I don't think is strange because I seen many male teachers..

facetious

facetious
I'm majoring Science Middle 5-8 Education at Kansas University (also known as KU). It's my second year in KU! I love the school and people but I really hate the weather over here. I'm from California. This wasn't really my first choice but it is great. I'm currently renting an apartment. Which is a few minutes away from campus. Is really a struggle trying to stay in school. While my parents really need me in California. I also hear that is really strange thing that a male is trying to be a teacher in Kansas. Which I don't think is strange because I seen many male teachers..
If you're the mouthpiece for the next generation of teachers, we may as well all kill ourselves now.

ChedWick

Meet 80% of the guys at my school.

But that stereotype isn't 100% true. They can act like douchebags at first, but if you really do get to know them they aren't really that bad of people. Yeah, they go after girls a LOT, but that's what every guy wants; they're just more straightforward about it. And I have yet to meet a person who doesn't like sports anyway. Sure they can talk about other things though, you just gotta figure out what else they like.

Luckily I have not had the luxury to meet a plethora of those kinds of guys here.

Of course there stereotype isn't 100% true, its a stereotype after all. It's the stereotypical ones I dislike.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Oh I hate my university it is so depressing and boring plus the fact I don't like any the people that I am force to come in contact with I tend to be on mine own... Maybe I should look in to another course.

trixie08

Speak No Evil
I'm in my Sophomore year in college and majoring in Journalism. Sometimes it's hard and sometimes I can breeze through things without much effort. I don't usually go to any of their sporting events or whatever (I really wanted to go to the homecoming game but had too much work), but I try my best to show school spirit!

What really irks me is that, in my opinion, a lot of the girls on campus almost look the same. I usually wear comfortable clothes, shirt, jeans, sneakers, and many girls I see wear short shorts or dress and flip-flops! How they can walk in those things for a long time without their feet hurting just baffles me!

BTW, I'm not saying that every single girl I see dresses like that. Some girls do dress modestly like me, and that makes me feel less strange.

Arceu$_EX

The Antagoni$t
Its hard with tons of work in my first year wow didnt know it would be like this but on the good side you meet tons of people from different cultures and get real food(meaning not the cheap standard school lunches) for breakfast and lunch and the environment is just soo much better than regular public schools (i.e no real rules come to class when u want, etc...)

godudette

/me cresselias
I'm a commuter to Grove City College in Western Pennsylvania. I'm doing great in my classes- I just lack a social life. I haven't met very many people- but that's mainly because I don't find it necessary to stay on campus after I've finished all my classes.

If you're the mouthpiece for the next generation of teachers, we may as well all kill ourselves now.

Hahahaha =)

shaoon

Not normal
Classes are easy but over all is not fun >.<

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Things are going good in college,but I fear that I might not remember what I need to pass the exams

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
3 years into my course at uni and i'm completely sick of it- can't wait to be done in another years time lol. the only things that are keeping me there really are my pesky friends refusing to just let me leave, and the fact that i don't want to have completely wasted 3 years of my life with nothing to show for it =S

meh.

I'm a freshman with an undecided major, and I moved from New York to Florida to come here. With that came a lot of changes, some anticipated and some not. It was really great and a lot of fun for the first month/month and a half or so, but things are starting to go downhill. I love the weather and people here; I've always wanted to move here and I certainly don't want to ever go back to New York, but things are getting tough. I need to find a way to make it work.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I just got to ask this, but why does it seem that everyone here hates on College? Seriously, it seems like no one goes out and appreciates what possibilities are on Campus (even at a small school like mine, I always go out at least one night a weekend). Even if there are people you don't like around, maybe go somewhere that includes some of your interests and you might find someone else who you can get along with.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Well, over a month has passed at St. Andrews and I have to say that overall it's been pretty awesome. Lectures are interesting, and I really do feel like I'm learning a lot. Tutorials are great too, even if I sometimes do not have the time to finish the readings necessary. Socially it's been very fun, with regular trips out to go drinking at the union with all my new friends and associates. I seem to be doing ok here in terms of grades, the one essay that I've had marked was a high merit and I'm waiting on the results of two others. Weather wise, things have not turned out so good, but then Scotland is Scotland I guess, just today we were almost completely flooded and we had to brave horrendous winds just to get some dinner XD

However despite this mostly positive experience I am very much looking forward to going back home for a week soon.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I'm in my first semester sophomore year. This year is both more fun and one-thousand times busier than last year. I'm taking eighteen credit hours, including the obscenely hard Japanese 301, and the time-consuming but awesome Advanced Fiction Writing. And because I'm some kind of masochist, I also write at least two articles a week for the newspaper, and do a copy-editing shift on Tuesdays. Aaaaand, I'm in a frat, and we're going through the process of chartering in November and getting a house which I'll move into next semester.

I am. Busy. As. F***.

On the other hand, things are pretty awesome when I'm not under pressure. Social life is taking off, I have consistant party avenues for weekends. I've been trying amateur bartending by hiding a mini-bars worth of materials and mixers in my dorm room, which has lead to some interesting situations. My writing's being recognized by the head of the undergraduate literary magazine, and I've made possibly as many friends this semester as I did all last year.

Work hard, party hard. College. It can be boring, sure, but that's why you have to grab it by the balls. Tell yourself you are going to do such and such academically, you are going to be friends with so-and-so, and you will find such-and-such to do this weekend. Stuff will fall into line.

Last edited:

Flygonite

I'm also currently in the first quarter of my sophomore year. Yes, it is a great deal of work. I kind of stumbled through my freshman year, not really seriously deciding on a major. However, that came back to haunt me this quarter as I have to start getting serious about this. Math major, with a possible minor in literature.

College isn't really too tough so long as you're serious about your work and actually want to be there. College success has little to do with intellect; its more about attitude. As I have come to realize, if you're studying something that you really don't care about, it's going to suck. So try to go for something that really interests you.

BlazingFury

Que Sera Sera
I'm currently in my second year of uni, studying Drama. I lived at home for the first year and have moved out this year. In regards to classes, I liked the first year a whole lot more than this year. This year is mainly technical stuff like lighting sound etc and we don't get to do as much acting as last year which I'm dissapointed with.

I love the night life and such, pretty much what keeps me going (when I have the money for it) My flat where I live is okay but we've had a lot of problems with it so far. No hot water, my internet didn't work, the heaters don't work. I'm definitley moving out into a different place next year.

My flatmate is the worst too! I live with two of my closest friends which is great but this other guy who I also know got in with us last minute and I don't know how I'm going to cope living with him until june next year. He's so unhygenic, never wahses his dishes. He never takes the rubbish down, never cleans the living room and makes no effort to be at least a little quiet when he comes in of a night. He's purposely loud to wake everyone up. I'm seriously starting to have bad thoughts about smothering him.

ChedWick

I just got to ask this, but why does it seem that everyone here hates on College? Seriously, it seems like no one goes out and appreciates what possibilities are on Campus (even at a small school like mine, I always go out at least one night a weekend). Even if there are people you don't like around, maybe go somewhere that includes some of your interests and you might find someone else who you can get along with.

I don't know about anyone else but I love my college so far. My college town is pretty small but me and my roommates like to hit the few bars we do have here. When its nice out campus usually has some cool stuff going on too. We had Jack Hanna come to campus for a show that was free to the students and we had a carnival in the middle of the open court yard the first week or so of the semester. In the winter they let us sled right pretty much anywhere on campus. I certainly don't hate the area.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I am currently in my first semester in university. Initially I had a hard time understanding and overall adjusting. Now the material is not perplexing me (except in rare cases which are remedied by studying), but the accelerated pace (over high school) and inability to afford textbooks until now when my bursary cheque arrived has given me more than one headache.

Still, in the rare times when time, energy and willpower coincide, university is a fun experience. It is simply that several times during the day it is difficult to focus due to the long gaps between classes compared to high school. I am in no danger of failing, and I am sure that I will be fine throughout my 4+ years.