• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Colons and Semi-Colons: Do they really make your terrible title and thread better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Those in academia have possibly noticed a rise of colon usage in paper and article titles.

Let's be honest sppf. Does a colon or semi-colon really make a sppf thread title sound better?

For instance, why even name a thread Rape: Can a person who was raped enjoy the experience?

Is there any real need to include the word Rape as well as the colon?

I don't believe so.

Or how about the thread Soo; Valentine's Day... ?

Like many well-educated seriibians know, the semi-colon is only used to join two independent clauses that relate or contrast each other. Neither of those are even independent clauses.

Does the colon make the terrible thread title any better?

Is the semi-colon really necessary in the VD thread title?

Last edited:

Indigoodra

SugarFreeJazz

not present
How else would I put a smiley face in my thread title?

If they're used correctly, sure.

Last edited:

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I think this thread will invoke an amazing and intellectual discussion.

Anyway, semicolons don't really make the title better, but it doesn't hurt to put one in there either as long as it is used correctly.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
Aroused Pandas; the lower back-pain story

Profesco

gone gently
There are extremely few instances where a thread about SPPf threads is useful or amusing. I'm sorry, but this isn't such an instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.