• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Colored Game Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Milotic

How come when Pokemon changed its console to the Nintendo DS, they stopped making colorful game packs? That was one thing that made the Pokemon games unique and how you could tell if they were legitimate or not. If you have anything about this, could you please post it?

BCVM22

Because nobody could care less about the color of the cartridges, and because there's so little visible plastic on a DS game card anyway?

Sapphire Milotic

Because nobody could care less about the color of the cartridges, and because there's so little visible plastic on a DS game card anyway?

Lol you do make a point, but it was always fun to look at the colors of them rather than be indifferent as all the other DS games.

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
I know what you mean, i loved the colour diffs and I always thought the colours of the catridges are what made me decide on which version of the game to get (eg, ruby and sapphire) but now its just bleack and dull, I think nintendo couldve put the little extra effort into maiing them coloured

Slick

Banned
Yeah, I seriously do not see where this thread is going.

Sapphire Milotic

I know what you mean, i loved the colour diffs and I always thought the colours of the catridges are what made me decide on which version of the game to get (eg, ruby and sapphire) but now its just bleack and dull, I think nintendo couldve put the little extra effort into maiing them coloured

Yeah it just looked pretty awesome, it would be cool to see a Diamond-colored game pack for Pokemon Diamond. :) Nice and translucent with a hint of blue. Pokemon games are just known to be the color of their name, otherwise it doesn't make much sense why the call the game Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Pearl etc.

BCVM22

otherwise it doesn't make much sense why the call the game Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Pearl etc.

...except that Diamond and Pearl are precious materials far more than they are noted colors. "Ruby," "sapphire" and "emerald" can at least normally be classifed as basic primary colors with some manner of gleam or shine to them; the production lines accomplished this with translucent plastic. Diamonds, technically, are best known as colorless, but Game Freak elected to associate diamond and Dialga with a shade of blue. Likewise for pearls: normally an off-white, with most of their perceived color coming from reflected light, but Game Freak chose to link pearl and Palkia to pink.

Regardless, not only is there so relatively little exposed plastic on a DS game card once the label is applied, but DS cards disappear entirely inside of a DS, where Game Boy cartridges were either partially or completely visible on just about any Game Boy model but the Advance SP. So it all boiled down to Nintendo/Game Freak not finding it worthwhile to press the game cards with colored plastic because there would have been no novelty to it and no publically-visible identification with it unless you actually held the game card in your fingers and slowly turned it about while ooh-ing and aah-ing.

And the best part is that had Nintendo elected to put forth the extra production costs necessary to manufacture media from other-colored plastics, you would have had people complaining about having to own a pink game card. Proof that the masses will never be truly pleased with anything.

Slick

Banned
...except that Diamond and Pearl are precious materials far more than they are noted colors. "Ruby," "sapphire" and "emerald" can at least normally be classifed as basic primary colors with some manner of gleam or shine to them; the production lines accomplished this with translucent plastic. Diamonds, technically, are best known as colorless, but Game Freak elected to associate diamond and Dialga with a shade of blue. Likewise for pearls: normally an off-white, with most of their perceived color coming from reflected light, but Game Freak chose to link pearl and Palkia to pink.

Regardless, not only is there so relatively little exposed plastic on a DS game card once the label is applied, but DS cards disappear entirely inside of a DS, where Game Boy cartridges were either partially or completely visible on just about any Game Boy model but the Advance SP. So it all boiled down to Nintendo/Game Freak not finding it worthwhile to press the game cards with colored plastic because there would have been no novelty to it and no publically-visible identification with it unless you actually held the game card in your fingers and slowly turned it about while ooh-ing and aah-ing.

And the best part is that had Nintendo elected to put forth the extra production costs necessary to manufacture media from other-colored plastics, you would have had people complaining about having to own a pink game card. Proof that the masses will never be truly pleased with anything.

Your soul feeds on telling off people with long posts. No seriously, does it?

I know mine does!

Sapphire Milotic

Lol, ooh-ing and aah-ing. xD Well, I just want color in this world, it is boring to be black and white. It is better to be different than act like everyone else. :p

Alzi

Toon link
I think having colour on those tiny ds games would look ugly. They are so small theres no point in having colours on them.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't really care that DS cards don't have different colored cartridges. Its label would make it look out of place anyway, since they have all the color needed.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I was a bit disappointed that the colored cartridge tradition was broken with the fourth generation, but I agree with everyone else... they wouldn't look that great if they were colored in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.