• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Colosseum/XD Help/FAQ Discussion thread

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
If I remember correctly, I believe you also have to purify all of the other Shadow Pokémon in order to get Fein to appear with the Togetic.

That's not how it was for me. All I had to do was catch all the other shadow pokemon. I haven't managed to purify them all yet, but I still was able to battle Fein...

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
Im from Australia, and looking to buy a Celebi Bonus Disks from EBay. So, can I get clarification on the process I have to follow in order to achieve the transfer of Celebi. As I understand, this is the process:
-Buy Celebi Disk
-Buy Japanese Gamecube, and Japanese Colleseum game
-Complete Japanese Colleseum
-Buy Japanese GBA pokemon game, and link to colleseum.
-Download Celebi to Japanese GBA game.
-Link with English GBA pokemon game, and trade.

Is this correct? Its alot of money and effort if im wrong....... Thanks guys!

Seth pkmn

I dont think you need the japanese GBA and GCN

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
A friend of mine (who I know knows his stuff on it) says that the GBA need not be Japanese but the GCN would have to be from Japan.

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
Though, Colloseum and the GBA "game" would still need to be need to be from Japan? Thankyou greatly guys!

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can you use Pokemon Colloseum to store pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald?

Yes, but you're normally are limited to just under 50 Pokémon, as you can't send eggs or catch any new Pokémon.

There however is a trick with Nincada, which evolve it in Colosseum, and get both Ninjask and Shedinja. By doing this enough times you can get 96 Pokémon on Colosseum.

Ausgirl

Yes, but you're normally are limited to just under 50 Pokémon, as you can't send eggs or catch any new Pokémon.

There however is a trick with Nincada, which evolve it in Colosseum, and get both Ninjask and Shedinja. By doing this enough times you can get 96 Pokémon on Colosseum.

Cool, I was thinking about getting this game mainly so I can trade between my GBA games. This is the idea: upload version exclusives from Ruby onto Colloseum, switch catridges and download the same pokemon from Colloseum to Sapphire. So yeah, the limit doesn't bother me. I know you have more space on Ruby and Sapphire Pokebox but Colloseum seems like the better choice, as its a game itself, not just another storage unit. Also I want the damn Johto starters, lol.

Another thing, I read that the Wii can play GameCube Games and can also connect with old handhelds such as the GBA. Just wondering are all wii models able to play GameCube Games or is it just the earlier ones? Thanks for everyone's help.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Cool, I was thinking about getting this game mainly so I can trade between my GBA games. This is the idea: upload version exclusives from Ruby onto Colloseum, switch catridges and download the same pokemon from Colloseum to Sapphire. So yeah, the limit doesn't bother me. I know you have more space on Ruby and Sapphire Pokebox but Colloseum seems like the better choice, as its a game itself, not just another storage unit. Also I want the damn Johto starters, lol.

Another thing, I read that the Wii can play GameCube Games and can also connect with old handhelds such as the GBA. Just wondering are all wii models able to play GameCube Games or is it just the earlier ones? Thanks for everyone's help.

The new Wii models, which are "curvy" compared to the Wii's Angualar Model, lacks GameCube Support, and has no GameCube Controller Ports. However the New model was only released just before last Xmas.

gamer_legend

I have a question. I know the majority of shadow pokemon in the game can't be obtained as shiny due to the Personality Value recalculations that occur within the game but I was wondering if the same rules applied to XD001 as to my knowledge I know shiny pokemon can be obtained in the game (Gift Pokemon, Traded Pokemon and Wild Pokemon) and I was was wondering if Lugia could be attained in it's shiny form as well.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
I have a question. I know the majority of shadow pokemon in the game can't be obtained as shiny due to the Personality Value recalculations that occur within the game but I was wondering if the same rules applied to XD001 as to my knowledge I know shiny pokemon can be obtained in the game (Gift Pokemon, Traded Pokemon and Wild Pokemon) and I was was wondering if Lugia could be attained in it's shiny form as well.

No it can't. XD001 is just another shadow pokémon so the PID recalculations apply

gamer_legend

No it can't. XD001 is just another shadow pokémon so the PID recalculations apply

Bless ya 1Quacka1 that's most appreciated. I actually ended up catching XD001 somehow forgetting that knowing "Psycho Boost" and having the National Ribbon is what makes it a truly unique catch.

Colosseum Training Help

Okay, my team is Umbreon: 48/9 (can't read it), Espeon: (Same), Raikou: 40 (shadow), Suicune: 45, Entei: 44, and Feraligatr: 47. I am at, you guessed it: the Colosseum with that damn Tyranitar. I couldn't even pass the third trainer, probably because Raikou was Shadow, and still is; what levels do you think they should be? Also, might I add, what moves should they have? They are my planned team, as I have a Tyranitar on Emerald, and I cannot find any Pokemon that I like more. Please help; I want my Emerald Pokedex to be completed.
Thank you,
Andy;248;

Evice is going to be very difficult for you. His strongest Pokemon are on Lv 61. But, at least get all of your Pokemon up to Lv 55. That will do you some good. Go to Mt Battle so you can level up and you can purify your Raikou.

If I were to decide the movesets of your Pokemon, I would choose:

Espeon:
Psychic
Morning Sun
Protect/ Shadow Ball
Reflect/Light Screen

Umbreon:
Faint Attack
Secret Power
Moonlight
Confuse Ray/ Toxic

Raikou:
Thunderbolt/ Thunder
Iron Tail/Crunch
Toxic/Rain Dance
Calm Mind

Suicune:
Surf
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Calm Mind
Mirror Coat

Entei:
Flamethrower
Calm Mind
Solarbeam
Iron Tail

Feraligatr:
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Earthquake
Slash

The movesets are kind of ugly, but it's Colosseum, so they're not going to look perfect. But, good luck. Lead with Espeon and watch out for Evice's Slizor, Slaking and Salamence.

Glitch314

I agree: Mt. Battle is the best place to train. Colosseums (Pyrite, Phenac, etc.) can also help you train, and get you some extra money on the side. Also (and this is a personal preference), you should buy lemonades, which should currently be a better deal for your money. Lemonades can be found in the Under by going down then left from the first elevator.

LimeSoda

How long will it take to catch 34 hoppips to purify shadow lugia?

I cant get maximum tempo with shadow pokemon can I? Surely catching 34 hoppips will be faster than purifying the other pokes normally. I just haven't seen one wild hoppip appear yet.

How long will it take to catch 34 hoppips to purify shadow lugia?

I cant get maximum tempo with shadow pokemon can I? Surely catching 34 hoppips will be faster than purifying the other pokes normally. I just haven't seen one wild hoppip appear yet.
Well, the easiest way I did it was fill the Purity Chamber up with all Normal Pokemon.

Yeah, but you would have to purify 34 shadow pokes in order to trade over 34 normal pokemon right? So that would take longer than catching hoppips, maybe
Not really. Hoppips could appear at anytime because they're not the only Pokemon that live at the Oasis. They are common, but still not the only Pokemon. But, that could work still. :/