• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Colosseum/XD Help/FAQ Discussion thread

LimeSoda

Okay thanks. Also, for a techniqual question, why does XD look terrible on my TV? On a traditional box TV it looked fine, 480p or whatever. But playing it on a small but HD TV I guess, don't really know what to refer to it as, looks bad :(

Rakansen

ラルフ
Are the abilities of Shadow Pokémon in Colosseum set the moment you start a new profile? I resetted about six times for a Quagsire with Water Absorb but all I got were Damp ones, so I gave up. Now I'm trying to get a Slugma with Flame Body but all I get are ones with Magma Armor. Are the abilities for Shadow Pokémon already set the moment you make your profile or do I just have horrible luck? It would be strange if the abilities were set since their genders and IV's aren't.

Are the abilities of Shadow Pokémon in Colosseum set the moment you start a new profile? I resetted about six times for a Quagsire with Water Absorb but all I got were Damp ones, so I gave up. Now I'm trying to get a Slugma with Flame Body but all I get are ones with Magma Armor. Are the abilities for Shadow Pokémon already set the moment you make your profile or do I just have horrible luck? It would be strange if the abilities were set since their genders and IV's aren't.

I believe they're set the moment you catch them.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I believe they're set the moment you catch them.

Haha, I was actually on the verge of giving up on Slugma. I was like, "Okay, this is the last time I'm going to try to catch it! I don't care if it has Magma Armor or Flame Body!" So, I caught it and guess what? It had Flame Body! So I just got bad luck after all...

LimeSoda

What does it mean you get a "free continue" each time none of your Pokes faints in Mt.Battle?

Last edited:
What does it mean you get a "free continue" each time none of your Pokes faints in Mt.Battle?

That means you get to go again if you go without any of your Pokemon fainting. For example, if you win one of the easy battles at the beginning without none of your Pokemon fainting, but then you get to the end where the hard battles are and lose, then you can use a continue. I think everything is right, if memory serves me right.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I have a question about the purification chamber in XD. I get how the type matchups affect the tempo, but I don't get what makes those additional thinner white "arrows" appear to the right of the blue ones under the "flow". I've made it happen inadvertantly some times, and tried to figure it out, but I don't get it...anyone know about that?

LimeSoda

Yeah I have the same question. After some experimenting I think the arrows in the flow go up the more chambers you have max tempo on.

But then after I purified a couple things it went back down sooo I dunno

RedPokemonMaster

Pokémon Master
Can Japanese Generation III games communicate with North American games?

Hello everyone,

Recently, I have been presented with the offer to purchase the Japanese Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc- in which you can download the otherwise unobtainable Pokémon, Celebi. I'm highly interested in purchasing this, however, I don't want to spend my money if the game will not communicate with my own Generation III games.

So, will the Japanese Bonus Disc be able to communicate properly with North American R/S/E/FR/LG? Alternatively, if it won't, could I download Celebi onto a Japanese GBA Pokémon game, and then transfer it to my North American GBA Pokémon games properly? I do have a Japanese GameCube to use the Bonus Disc on.

My only experience in this matter was communicating between my Japanese Pocket Monsters Green and my Pokémon Red and Blue versions. Communicating between those games resulted in terrible glitches, usually making the trades and battles impossible. I'm unsure if anything will have changed between Generation I and III.

Thank you in advance!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello everyone,

Recently, I have been presented with the offer to purchase the Japanese Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc- in which you can download the otherwise unobtainable Pokémon, Celebi. I'm highly interested in purchasing this, however, I don't want to spend my money if the game will not communicate with my own Generation III games.

So, will the Japanese Bonus Disc be able to communicate properly with North American R/S/E/FR/LG? Alternatively, if it won't, could I download Celebi onto a Japanese GBA Pokémon game, and then transfer it to my North American GBA Pokémon games properly? I do have a Japanese GameCube to use the Bonus Disc on.

My only experience in this matter was communicating between my Japanese Pocket Monsters Green and my Pokémon Red and Blue versions. Communicating between those games resulted in terrible glitches, usually making the trades and battles impossible. I'm unsure if anything will have changed between Generation I and III.

Thank you in advance!
If you read our FAQ (in the first few posts of this thread.), it says you can not communicate with a Japanese Game cube game with an English Gameboy Advance game. However, I believe that the the GBA games can trade with each other regardless of language.

RedPokemonMaster

Pokémon Master
@Nutter t.KK

Thank you for that info. I guess I'll purchase a Japanese GBA game and transfer Celebi onto that, and from there onto my North American GBA games.

Ononokusu612

Galactic Boss
I am asking for XD and Emerald help. This may not be in the right place, I am new here so please forgive me.

I captured the shadow Scyther and used it for a few battles. I then purified it. I know that EV's are supposed to take effect at this point. I immediately put this Scyther on Emerald; I wanted to EV train it. I tried to use the EV reducing berries (except for Tamato, which I can't get because the internal battery ran dry). This Scyther must have 10-20 EV's in every stat, but the game wouldn't let me use the berries. What should I do to remove all EV's from this Scyther?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I am asking for XD and Emerald help. This may not be in the right place, I am new here so please forgive me.

I captured the shadow Scyther and used it for a few battles. I then purified it. I know that EV's are supposed to take effect at this point. I immediately put this Scyther on Emerald; I wanted to EV train it. I tried to use the EV reducing berries (except for Tamato, which I can't get because the internal battery ran dry). This Scyther must have 10-20 EV's in every stat, but the game wouldn't let me use the berries. What should I do to remove all EV's from this Scyther?

Are you USING the Berries or GIVING the berries to hold? Using will have the desired effect, while Giving will make the Pokémon hold the berry.

Ononokusu612

Galactic Boss
Are you USING the Berries or GIVING the berries to hold? Using will have the desired effect, while Giving will make the Pokémon hold the berry.

I am using them, but the game says something along the lines of "The base HP can't be lowered." It still raises the friendliness, but I want the EV's to be lowered.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I am using them, but the game says something along the lines of "The base HP can't be lowered." It still raises the friendliness, but I want the EV's to be lowered.
If it says that, your Scyther has 0 EVs in that particular stat already.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Are Ev's cleared when it is traded? I know that I beat Greevil's Zapdos, for instance, with this Scyther.

No, they are not. If you are using a Pomeg Berry and your Scyther only defeated Zapdos, the reason you are getting that message is because Zapdos gives Sp. Attack EVs, not HP. Have you tried using any of the berries for other stats?

Ononokusu612

Galactic Boss
No, they are not. If you are using a Pomeg Berry and your Scyther only defeated Zapdos, the reason you are getting that message is because Zapdos gives Sp. Attack EVs, not HP. Have you tried using any of the berries for other stats?

I have used every berry except Tamato (speed). Unfortunately, I can't get Tamato because my internal battery died. Plus, this Scyther beat more than just the Zapdos, I estimate it to have 10-20 EV's in each stat.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Hi everyone, I was looking to buy a copy if XD online, however given that I live in New Zealand I can only play PAL format. Ebay's been a great source but most of the copies are NTSC or they are PAL but won't ship worldwide :/. Do you think it's a good idea to buy a German/French copy etc and change the language if possible? It's just an idea I'd like to try

EDIT: Don't worry, it worked out fine

Last edited: