• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Colosseum/XD Help/FAQ Discussion thread

babydoll

I have a question, I am trying to smash the first event of the Orre Colosseum in XD, and it's ridiculously hard! I have been training up my Banette, who has insomnia and I am pretty much stalking the berry guy trying to get some lum berries out of him...

my question is, are ghost types immune to Teeter Dance? The second round, spinda just uses this move obsessively, my Lickitung with own tempo is too weak to justify training up just for that battle, and my berries are only going to cure the confusion once each battle, Teeter Dance is a normal type move, BUT it's not a damage inflicting move. Having said that, thunder wave is unaffactive against ground types, despite the fact it's only status inflicting, so based on that, ghosts SHOULD be immune to Teeter Dance, but I don't think I'm that lucky, as google hasn't specified anything to get my hopes up!

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I have a question, I am trying to smash the first event of the Orre Colosseum in XD, and it's ridiculously hard! I have been training up my Banette, who has insomnia and I am pretty much stalking the berry guy trying to get some lum berries out of him...

my question is, are ghost types immune to Teeter Dance? The second round, spinda just uses this move obsessively, my Lickitung with own tempo is too weak to justify training up just for that battle, and my berries are only going to cure the confusion once each battle, Teeter Dance is a normal type move, BUT it's not a damage inflicting move. Having said that, thunder wave is unaffactive against ground types, despite the fact it's only status inflicting, so based on that, ghosts SHOULD be immune to Teeter Dance, but I don't think I'm that lucky, as google hasn't specified anything to get my hopes up!
Ghosts are not immune to Teeter Dance just like how Flying types are not immune to Sand-Attack.

I hope this helps.

In XD, what's the latest Pokemon I can consider using on my pre-aftergame team?

The latest you can get for a pre-aftergame team is a Lv.44 Lapras owned by Cipher Admin Eldes.

Last edited:

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
I have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to activate the Purify Chamber for the first time, but when I step into the circle nothing happens. What do I do?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to activate the Purify Chamber for the first time, but when I step into the circle nothing happens. What do I do?

Up to a certain point of the story, it will be broken, Visit Agate Village instead. Are you sure you standing on the Platform in the centre of the room, in the top image of this page: http://serebii.net/xd/hall.shtml

You can Manage the chambers, but not do the final step using the PC.

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
Up to a certain point of the story, it will be broken, Visit Agate Village instead. Are you sure you standing on the Platform in the centre of the room, in the top image of this page: http://serebii.net/xd/hall.shtml

You can Manage the chambers, but not do the final step using the PC.

Actually, I figured out it was the controller. I was using a MadCatz brand controller instead of an official Nintendo controller and for whatever reason it reads every command from the MadCatz one EXCEPT the launch command for the Purify Chamber.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
We got our Wii fixed so we can officially play GameCube games once again. My brother started a new game in XD only to find that none of our memory cards work. I'm looking to buy a new one but I'm afraid that they won't work.

blob

We got our Wii fixed so we can officially play GameCube games once again. My brother started a new game in XD only to find that none of our memory cards work. I'm looking to buy a new one but I'm afraid that they won't work.

Hmm. You could try to buy a new one, as they're probably pretty cheap by now.

Tangeh

What's wrong with the memory card? Is it registering as corrupted, damaged, or not registering at all? If the Wii isn't registering any of them, I'd be tempted to say that's a problem with the Wii, not the memory cards. If you sent it into Nintendo for repairs, it should still be under warranty (I believe you get a year's warranty after a repair) so you should be able to get that fixed for free. If your cards are corrupted, it should offer to reformat them for you. If it's reading as damaged, you'll have to get new cards cuz there's nothing you can do about that. All of my cards were damaged from leaving them in a Wii on Standby Mode (this causes overheating).

Make sure to get either a 59 or 251 memory card for the wii if you get new ones, as the 1019's tend to corrupt easily on the wii for whatever reason.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
What's wrong with the memory card? Is it registering as corrupted, damaged, or not registering at all? If the Wii isn't registering any of them, I'd be tempted to say that's a problem with the Wii, not the memory cards. If you sent it into Nintendo for repairs, it should still be under warranty (I believe you get a year's warranty after a repair) so you should be able to get that fixed for free. If your cards are corrupted, it should offer to reformat them for you. If it's reading as damaged, you'll have to get new cards cuz there's nothing you can do about that. All of my cards were damaged from leaving them in a Wii on Standby Mode (this causes overheating).

Make sure to get either a 59 or 251 memory card for the wii if you get new ones, as the 1019's tend to corrupt easily on the wii for whatever reason.

The cards themselves must be damaged. We have let them sit in the Wii and as you say they probably overheated. Will this happen during GameCube play alone if I am more careful in the future?
Thanks for the help!

Tangeh

The cards themselves must be damaged. We have let them sit in the Wii and as you say they probably overheated. Will this happen during GameCube play alone if I am more careful in the future?
Thanks for the help!

It doesn't happen if you leave memory cards in the gamecube. The reason Wiis can damage memory cards if they are left in is because they can be overheated when the Wii is in standby mode - this happens when you initiate an internet connection, so the Wii will automatically update stuff like weather etc. It is designated by the orange light on the Wii instead of red when turned off. Previously it could be disabled by turning off WiiConnect24, but WiiConnect24 was discontinued just a month ago. I'm not sure how this affects standby mode, but I know my Wii is still in standby mode right now.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
It doesn't happen if you leave memory cards in the gamecube. The reason Wiis can damage memory cards if they are left in is because they can be overheated when the Wii is in standby mode - this happens when you initiate an internet connection, so the Wii will automatically update stuff like weather etc. It is designated by the orange light on the Wii instead of red when turned off. Previously it could be disabled by turning off WiiConnect24, but WiiConnect24 was discontinued just a month ago. I'm not sure how this affects standby mode, but I know my Wii is still in standby mode right now.
I'm sure that's what happened to my cards as that describes my Wii. Sadly I know longer have a GameCube though.

Tangeh

I'm sure that's what happened to my cards as that describes my Wii. Sadly I know longer have a GameCube though.

Oh sorry, I misread your question. I thought you were asking if this would happen if you left them in the gamecube.

You should be fine if you remember to remove the memory cards after you turn the console off. Or if you disable WiiConnect24 assuming that's still possible to do.

blob

I thought you culd still get some internet stuff through the Wii, like DLC and could buy games through the Wii.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I thought you culd still get some internet stuff through the Wii, like DLC and could buy games through the Wii.

You can get downloadable games and DLC for games that support it. Most of these games available are Virtual Console, or download only games. Mind you some games, like Guitar Hero Series, have stopped selling DLC, (but still available for people who already purchased it).

Any online Multiplayer content not longer works on the Wii. Any game that used Local communication with DS or if you use the internet via Opera Browser still works. WiiConnect24 no longer works, and I recommend turning off the standby mode options, you won't receive a message unless it was from a game. I personally don't see how WiiConnect24 status will effect the memory card.

Personally, I'd try to use the memory card in another Wii or a Gamecube before trying to buy the memory cards.

Last edited:

Tangeh

I personally don't see how WiiConnect24 status will effect the memory card.

Personally, I'd try to use the memory card in another Wii or a Gamecube before trying to buy the memory cards.

Yes, try it elsewhere first to be sure it isn't the Wii.

The WiiConnect24 status affecting the memory cards is a pretty widespread theory across the Nintendo section of the internet, though I don't think it was ever officially confirmed anywhere. When in standby mode, the Wii produces heat, and because the internal fan isn't on when in standby mode, the wii can actually get warmer than it does when playing a game. Gamecube memory cards aren't meant to withstand heat like that, which causes corruption or damage after long periods. Especially with the 1019 memory cards - I guess they must be more delicate, idk. I do know that my two memory cards left in the Wii became corrupted and the two that were rarely left the Wii are still perfectly fine. *shrug*

ChloboShoka

Writer
Shadow Togetic knocked itself out. How can I rebattle the fake hero with shadow togetic again. I've purified the other 47. I just need togetic so I can go to the battle tower and get ho-oh.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Having never played the game before, I have a question: since the Sun and Moon Shards are Key Items, do you still keep them once your Eevee evolves? Or are they pretty much only Key Items to stop transfers to the GBA games?

Also, I think all you have to do is leave Outskirt Stand and come back, just like any other Shadow Pokemon Trainer.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Having never played the game before, I have a question: since the Sun and Moon Shards are Key Items, do you still keep them once your Eevee evolves? Or are they pretty much only Key Items to stop transfers to the GBA games?

Also, I think all you have to do is leave Outskirt Stand and come back, just like any other Shadow Pokemon Trainer.

No, they are used almost instantly. Unless you don't use Eevee, I think you'll see Eevee evolve next battle. I could be wrong. It's been years since I last started XD.

Phantom Wolf DX

So I've been replaying it and am at the point where I beat the game, did the lucky egg quest, purified everything and am currently working on the Battle CD's.

Question though, where is Battle CD #15?

I talked to both Castform and the jogger, but both don't give the CD.
(P.S. so far, I cleared the first 10 CDs and collected all other overworldly CDS)