• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Colosseumshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
Hey Everyone! Okay, I'm a writer on Fanfiction.net. Some know me as XyKPfan. I'm an Adv. and Colosseumshipping fan. For those of you who are Colosseumshipping fans as well, could you guys give me some feedback on what you feel about my 'A Hero's Job is Never Done' Fanfic. please. I didn't really get any reviews on it but I got requests to keep writing it. I'd just like to know how you guys feel about it because it's important to me as a writer as well as a Colosseumshipping fan.

Here's the link if you need it:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4756506/1/A_Heros_Job_is_Never_Done

Also, if you find any pics of Wes or Rui together I'd really appreciate it if you could post it too. They're really hard to find!

Anyway, so now, the rules:

* Post any art, screenshot, fan-fiction, or colosseumshipping related-(with the author's/artist's credit of course)

* But nothing but Pokemon Colosseum related stuff here, please.

* And no haters, please. This is for fans on

Thank you, and now...the discussion...

Last edited:

esm8m

Pokémaniac
Could you post the link for it? (Is lazy.)

But, huzzah! A Colosseumshipping thread! It's one of my favorite shippings of all time.

And I found fanart. Here it is!
I got it off the old Colosseumshipping thread. Which has more stuff, I just didn't bookmark any of it. Don't necropost, though.

As for fics, a Google search on 'Colosseumshipping' got me this, and I know of this one. I'm trying to write some, too, but nothing beyond ideas and drafts yet.

Last edited:

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
Last edited:

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
I know, right? Nobody can resist that kind of attraction!

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
Um. I don't really know, to be honest. I just sorta fell in love with it. Like, when I first played the game, I knew these two belonged together and I knew the type of people they were even though there wasn't much acting on Wes' part since he was the player. A brave man trying to escape from and destroy his past. A daring girl willing to stick with him. I mean, I love that!

;250; :surfpika: ;249-d;

esm8m

Pokémaniac
Why do you love this shipping?

I'll quote myself:

Colosseumshipping - Wes x Rui
Where to start? It's probably my favorite pairing at the moment, at least in Pokémon. There's the fact that it's the two main characters paired together, which I always like doing. Then there's the fact that Wes saved Rui, which is another typical type of pairing I like. And it's at least somewhat hinted at in the game from Rui's side. In addition, it really works well no matter how you characterize Wes. If you portray him as almost completely a villain who only does these heroic things out of self interest (although I've never seen that), Rui can show him the light. If you portray him as conflicted, unsure what to do, then she can guide him towards the right path. And if you portray him as a nice guy who fell in with the wrong people, you get more of the 'hero and damsel in distress' dynamic, which is one of my favorites. There's also the fact that they're about the right age to have a relationship, unlike the typical main character trainer.

...That's why. I think I've supported it on some level since I first started finding out about the game, because I'm a traditionalist and always put the main male character together with the main female character, but I really got into it when I started writing my fanfic that basically answered the question "Where the heck are Wes and Rui during XD?". Playing around with the characters so much while brainstorming just sparked a lot of Colosseumshipping-ness in my mind.

*Needs to play Colosseum again* I need to get down the quotes that make this almost one-sided canon.

And... Here! I knew I had found some other Colosseumshipping fanart! It's based off of a.... Vampire AU? So, probably would be rated T by the ESRB. Just giving you fair warning.

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
I agree. And the two are around the age of seventeen in the game, as opposed to the anime, where the characters usually start off as ten(at least the girls Ash traveled with, Misty aside.) Ash has be about sixteen to eighteen by now, I guess? But Wes and Rui still top the age for me.

Ooo! Love the fanart by the way! Wes looks different without his spyglasses on his head.

Last edited:

Well, mostly it's because I like main character shippings too.
But it's also because I think they go well together.
And, I think esm8m had a point. I remember that there was one part of the game where Rui calls Wes her "Gallant Knight" or something like that.
:3

Oh, that's incredible fan art.

JFate

Travelling Trainer
DA has a good number of Colosseumshipping pics^^.

Actually I also love the idea that they're at least over thirteen. That factor is pretty rare in the Pokemon world^^.

I guess I love the pairing because they're that pairing where the girl's a supportive partner to a conflicted boy who's just trying to redeem himself. I mean Wes didn't hide that fact that he used to be part of the organization that steals and turn Pokemon to emotionless Shadow Pokemon. But Rui stuck with him anyway^^.

In trying to answer where the heck they were in XD...I dunno, living peacefully in Rui's hometown =D?

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
Here are the hints I've see in the game on Rui's part in which they would fit mutually well for Wes as well.

After her initial shock, Rui doesn't seem to mind very much that Wes was a former member of Team Snagem and joined to helped him on his quest to stop them.

Rui refers to Wes as her "knight in shining armor".

Rui seemed majorly ticked off or tweaked, when a certain rider chick dissed her in Pyrite and called her a "wallflower", called Wes a "hottie", and told him to "lose the wallflower and be my sweetie". After that, Rui retaliated and told Wes to "be a man" and "stomp her down".

Major shippy moment there :)

The two are also called lovebirds many times throughout the game, with no objection on Rui's part. Hint Hint :)

Even Ein, one of the four Cipher Admins, stated that the two showed up "hand-in-hand". Though, it was more likely to be as a taunt, I still see it as a hint.

I've played the game like three times since this discussion began, which is why I'm able to quote most of this stuff so precisely.

@ xyADVfan:

Oh, yeah, the runner girl (I'm pretty sure her name was Emok.)

It seems like everyone in-game sees Wes and Rui as a couple. :3

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
@ xyADVfan:

Oh, yeah, the runner girl (I'm pretty sure her name was Emok.)

It seems like everyone in-game sees Wes and Rui as a couple. :3

All the more reason to support it! And another reason why there can't really be an rival shippings unless you create one with either character. Everyone in the game supports the couple. So who are we as outworlders not to?

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
Here's a topic to discuss.

When did you first realize this was a shipping you were going to like?

I'll answer later ;)

Last edited:
http://marykn13.deviantart.com/art/i-love-pokemon-coliseum-20270002

-Here's an adorable fanart^^. Man maybe after all my projects, I should try drawing for this couple one day. And hmmm...any idea for a new topic?

:3

I like that fan art.

It's really nice.

I'm not sure.

If i remember correctly, while I was Playing Pokemon Colosseum a long time ago, I was thinking about what Rui said, (the knight in shinning armor thing she said) and, I'm not sure, I just started liking that shipping after that.

8D

It is just seems so much different than the others. Wes is the reformed bad guy and Rui is the girl that the bad guys want out of the picture. If Wes had not reformed himself, he might have ended up being the one that had to capture her. It creates a drama that appeals to me. Not to mention, people in game like this pairing. If that is not something that says, "this is meant to be," I don't know what is. Besides, they are opposites. Everyone loves the concept of opposite attraction.

Probably near the beginning of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.