• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Colosseumshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
I first realized I liked this shipping after Emok(thanks chamo-chan!) called Rui a wallflower cause after that, you saw the offense written all over Rui's features. Not to mention the fact that if a girl were to follow a guy like Wes around like that for a while, I'm pretty sure some emotions would be running through both teens' heads.

Last edited:
I first realized I liked this shipping after Emok(thanks chamo-chan!) called Rui a wallflower cause after that, you saw the offense written all over Rui's features. Not to mention the fact that if a girl were to follow a guy like Wes around like that for a while, I'm pretty sure some emotions running through both teens' heads.

Ehehe, Yeah.

Rui seemed really mad when Emok called her that.

And you do have a point, having a girl following a boy around for a while must be pretty nice.

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
If you had to guess, what do you think Wes' past could be?

In my fanfiction(see link posted on previous page), I said Wes' past could have possibly been that he was brutality abused after witnessing what Team Snagem was really about. That maybe he joined at a young age and was somehow misled about what kind of organization they really were; and when he found out that they were criminal syndicates, he probably wanted to get out but couldn't because of some kind of contract they made him sign. That would explain why he took the Snag Machine-so they couldn't steal any more pokemon.

Last edited:

I agree with XyAD about his theory. (btw, I love your fic. 83)

Oh, or maybe he was some kid who lost both of his parents somehow and became all bad and stuff.

*is guessing now* I'm not sure, but it's nice that Rui is with him now. :3

esm8m

Pokémaniac
Ah, the Emok scenes. They're wonderful for us Colosseumshippers, aren't they? *Is replaying Colosseum and will write down the lines in there and post them here*

When did you first realize this was a shipping you were going to like?

Probably before the game was even out, or at the scene where she forgives him for being a Snagem member... But that was five years ago. I can't remember anymore. It didn't take long, though. It's the kind of shipping I always like.

Ooh, I like the topic. I have a couple theories, that all blend together in different ideas...
My first theory is that he's actually the son of high-level executives (or even the owners) of the mining company we know must have been in Pyrite. In my head, there's lots of other small mining towns in that general area, some of which continue to produce gold. (Considering the fact that ores are generally distributed over an area, that makes sense.) That's why he had two Eevees, which all signs point to being a relatively rare Pokémon - I'm certain they would be expensive to obtain. He ran away somewhere between 8 and 12 because they were going to send him away to Kanto to a prestigious boarding school, and he didn't want to go. Of course, as soon as they realized he was gone, they sent out searchers and put up posters. This is when he attracted the attention of Team Snagem, at the time a small band of thieving trainers trying to get enough to eat. They were going to turn him in for the reward, but when they saw him and how much he didn't want to go, they let him join the team instead. He accepted the offer because he didn't want to be caught, knew that as a group of thieves they knew how to hide, and because he knew that inexperienced trainers with no one to turn to couldn't survive in Orre. The team remained a small, generally nice group, just doing what they needed to survive, for a long time... Until Cipher came. When Cipher gave them the Snag Machine (didn't it say somewhere that Snagem got the Snag Machines from Cipher...?), the team culture changed. They became greedy and competitive, not having the same camaraderie they had before. Wes, not liking either the new culture or the Pokémon Cipher gave to some members of the team, left, taking the Snag Machine with him in an attempt to shake the team back into its senses...
In some versions of the above idea, another reason he leaves is because they're trying to take Espeon and Umbreon to turn into Shadows - this is a pretty common idea.
The other theory is that he's almost a street kid, with an unknown father and a disreputable mother. He joined Snagem because he had few other options if he wanted to survive. From there, I give him more or less the same backstory. I like making his father actually be Kyogre in this particular version, though that's solely in my head. (I like human x legendary!) This makes more sense on the whole, but doesn't explain how he got two Eevees. (Maybe he stole them.)
Sometimes I throw in a theory that he worked for a little bit in the mines, and got in an accident one day, injuring him pretty badly. He recovered, but was left with scars over most of his body, and decided never to do that again. This is the source of the weird white stripe and why he wears all-covering dark blue and black in the middle of a desert.

So I actually think Snagem was once a pretty decent group, but got warped from money. (...What? Yes, I like moralizing about absolute power corrupting absolutely.) Admittedly, I haven't really looked at the lines of Snagem people recently, so I'll have to double-check how much that really makes sense, but I think it could work. They're pretty angry about Wes leaving, and that, I think, could be as much from the loss of that bond and feeling of betrayal as it could be the anger at destroying the base. (Not that it was in good shape anyway.)

To steer it into more Colosseumshipping territory... I have a half-idea of Rui getting captured before Wes leaves Snagem, and him convincing the rest of the team to help him save her. *Needs to write more Colosseumshipping and less cross-canon shipping*

*Looks up* Wow, I wrote a lot. Hopefully it isn't too boring!

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
If you had to guess, what do you think Wes' past could be? (Continued Answer)

If I had to guess what happened before he joined Team Snagem, I'd say Wes and his family weren't very wealthy when he was small. My theory is that his father abandoned him and his mother when he was still young ; and after Wes got a little older, his mother sent him off on a journey of his own, hoping he may live some kind of successful life. The age I'd say is seven?

My theory in terms of Umbreon and Espeon is that he met them while he was on his own. Both were still Eevee(or Eevees-I believe both are correct plural forms) and very young. They didn't have anyone to look after them and he quickly took them under his wing. Taking care of them and feeding them. That would explain the friendship they have as the game states that they are his 'trusted friends?' I think? I can't remember. Something with friend. I have to replay the game and see.

Then my previous theory comes into play here-how he joined Team Snagem. Wes stumbles upon Team Snagem's base. Being curious, he probably gazed on them from afar, just to see what and who they were. They probably realized they were spotted by someone and sent a couple grunts to chase after him. I'm guessing Wes battled them with his Eevee and used them to dodge several of their assaults as well, but was blinded-sighted by an Admin and was brought to Gonzap for inspection.

The Admin probably told Gonzap that 'the intruder' had beaten the grunts' pokemon and had dodged several of their assaults as well before he captured him.

This is where I think Wes' battling skills got him in trouble, hence the statement 'best snagger, best battler' in the game.

Gonzap probably saw Wes as a major asset, and him still being at a young age, he could easily manipulate into doing something for them. He got Wes to think he could turn him in to the police for trespassing-which he was doing-or he work for them, with them as part of Team Snagem.

This could be where he was misled. Gonzap may not have told him everything, taking advantage of the fact that he was young and had nowhere to go. A child would not want to go to jail at such a young age, let alone in general. So Wes agreed, but he signed a contract, one he could not get out of. Gonzap made sure he had no place to go before Wes signed on.

"A child can't be missed if he has no one," his words in my fic-probably didn't write that chapter yet.

I must say, this is giving me an idea to write about Wes' past life as a fiction. I might do that when I'm done with the one I'm writing now. :)

Last edited:

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
Why do you love this shipping?
Well, I think it's because they look cute together. Wes just seems annoyed with her at first, but when she still likes him after his past is revealed, he starts liking her back, and eventually he becomes her protector and her boyfriend.

When did you first realize this was a shipping you were going to like?
Probably when Wes took her out of the bag.

Ooooh, this is gonna be fun... I think he was orphaned at a young age, and he had to live on the streets of Pyrite Town for a while with his two Eevees, stealing food and such to survive. Then, his two Pokémon were taken by a member of Team Snagem. He hunted them down, eventually coming across their base, givent he ultimatum of join, or he and his two Eevees would be killed because they knew too much. He joined, and slowly turned from this nice young kid who only stole to live into a cocky, sarcastic punk. Eventually, however, he started to realize what he was doing was wrong, and betrayed them. And then he met Rui, and she started to transform him back to the nice guy he used to be.

He's still a bit sarcastic, but hey.

^ Well, that was the only website I found.
I had another website saved, but it seems to have disappeard. >:

Oh well. New topic anyone?

What do you think their dream vacation would be?

*got the idea from XyADV's fic* >.>

XyADVfan

AdvColoshipper
@ chamo-chan: I'm so flattered that you're enjoying my fic so much! I really didn't how it was doing. The next chapter should be posted within the next two weeks. Oh and I love these pics! Thanks chamo-chan! :)

I'd say Rui's dream vacation would probably be anything with a beach, sun, and a bikini. She'd more likely try to break that steel barrier Wes is holding up against everyone. What better way to start than in a wet little two piece?

As for Wes, I don't know, I'd have to think about some more. Probably some place quiet, where he could meditate, think, and dare I say relax for once.

Last edited:
@XyAD: Of course I love your fic. :3 (I just forget to review. >.> )

Probably at a resort or a beach.

Wes has to relax too. And Rui can encourage him to relax too. 83

(I had a better Idea, but I forgot. :c )

esm8m

Pokémaniac
Oh, that's a cool site! Thanks for sharing! *Agrees that there isn't enough Colosseumshipping stuff*

Huh. It looks like most people have pretty much the same idea about Wes's past, despite the lack of anything to support any theory....

I've never really thought of that.... When I've thought about it, I've put their honeymoon (I like to think in terms of XD and beyond...) in Pallet, though that's mostly because in my world, Rui has relatives there. (Because Eagun = Ash.)

But... Hm. I would probably say somewhere with both battles and things for the non-battler to do... Maybe Olivine, Saffron/Celadon, or Sunyshore? Lavaridge would work well, too. </generic answer>

<shameless plug>I wrote a fanfic about them. It's here. I think I characterize them (especially Wes) differently than you do.</shameless plug>

And... I've been replaying through Colosseum and writing everything down. (It takes a long time to do that... Something like two hours to get to Makuhita...) Here's the actual quote she says after finding out he's from Snagem:
"Well, what do you know, Wes. So you're from Team Snagem. Oh, right. To be accurate, I should say former Team Snagem. It's okay. Wes, it doesn't matter to me who you are. After all, you're my gallant prince who rescued me when I was in trouble. So, it doesn't matter. Besides, I thought of something after listening to those creeps. Listen, Wes. We should go shopping for some Poké Balls." (Emphasis added by me.)

Oh, that's a cool site! Thanks for sharing! *Agrees that there isn't enough Colosseumshipping stuff*

Huh. It looks like most people have pretty much the same idea about Wes's past, despite the lack of anything to support any theory....

I've never really thought of that.... When I've thought about it, I've put their honeymoon (I like to think in terms of XD and beyond...) in Pallet, though that's mostly because in my world, Rui has relatives there. (Because Eagun = Ash.)

But... Hm. I would probably say somewhere with both battles and things for the non-battler to do... Maybe Olivine, Saffron/Celadon, or Sunyshore? Lavaridge would work well, too. </generic answer>

<shameless plug>I wrote a fanfic about them. It's here. I think I characterize them (especially Wes) differently than you do.</shameless plug>

And... I've been replaying through Colosseum and writing everything down. (It takes a long time to do that... Something like two hours to get to Makuhita...) Here's the actual quote she says after finding out he's from Snagem:
"Well, what do you know, Wes. So you're from Team Snagem. Oh, right. To be accurate, I should say former Team Snagem. It's okay. Wes, it doesn't matter to me who you are. After all, you're my gallant prince who rescued me when I was in trouble. So, it doesn't matter. Besides, I thought of something after listening to those creeps. Listen, Wes. We should go shopping for some Poké Balls." (Emphasis added by me.)

I like your idea for a vacation.

And I should read your fic. :3

8D thank you for writing her quote down for us! 83

esm8m

Pokémaniac
chamo-chan said:
I like your idea for a vacation.

And I should read your fic. :3

8D thank you for writing her quote down for us! 83

Thanks. I've always wanted to have the quote as a reference, too, so it's good for everyone!
JFate said:
Gallant prince, eh XDDD???

Yup. Makes me think of what would happen if Wes was actually a prince...

Nataria said:
Oh I also love this shipping also its my first official message on Serebii!!!
Hey has where is a good place to post a fanfic to get popular and get noticed? iam wroking on a really good one. do you guys want me to put a excerpt here for you to get a taste?

It's always good to see more supporters! (Just, please don't triple-post...) As for posting fanfic... There's always fanfiction.net, or the shippings fanfiction board here. It's best to just wait and post a link when you're done.

And... Another shameless plug. I wrote a drabble.

Status
Not open for further replies.