• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Come Forth, Lycanroc with the Crimson Look!! (970)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Come Forth, Lycanroc with the Crimson Look!!

While at the schoo, Ash learns of a powerful trainer who has come to Melemele Island. Ash eagerly finds this trainer and challenges him to a battle. The battle is strong with the trainer's Z Move coming into full force but soon after the battle starts, Lillie appears and confirms that this trainer is her brother, Gladion. Why is Gladion here?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ultra ball is great to see (don't know if promo's showed this).

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Wow, Team Rocket butted in. I thought we're long past that era of them interrupting battles, especially the plot relevant ones..

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I knew it was coming and I was still disappointed that TR interrupted.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Gladion is less edgy than his appearance suggests. He was actually nice, even. And befriended Ash this early already.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think Ash was impressed by Continental Crush and wants it for himself (ie Akala finally)...

Dephender to confirm please?

Holy157

I'm pretty sure Gladion mentioned the Akala Trials (I guessed he said something about beating the Grand Trial to get Z-Crystal he used).

Wish we had gotten Pikachu vs Lycanroc, seeing how strong Lycanroc was.

Does anyone know what Gladion said while using the Z-Move? It's clearly like the others when they use a Z-Move, having their own kind of line when using one.

p96822

Evolve me please
Team Rocket got recked in this episode Also they change Dark Pluse and I don't like it

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Seriously whatever so called 'improvements' Team Rocket had this series was all destroyed in that single moment they interrupted the battle. Anyway the episode was good, but fell a bit short of the hype it had in my opinion. The Lillie and Gladion backstory was good, (need subs to understand what really happened), and seeing Lillie interacting with her brother was nice to see, even though it was very brief. The classmates were pretty pointless into his episode (expected I guess). I did like the battle, and Rockruff was pretty impressive and managed to hold his own against Lycanroc.

So overall, I give the episode 7.5/10. Decent buildup and important plot, but really ruined by Team Rocket.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
F*** Team Rocket. I'm not forgiving them for interrupting the battle! NEVER!

Ash: I want to use the Rock type Z-Move too.
Gladion: Do you have the Rockium Z?
Ash: Nope.
Gladion: Then you should challenge the Akala Island Grand Trial.
Ash: I will!

^Yup, Ash is gonna challenge Akala Trials soon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I really hope the writers aren't afraid of giving Ash a flat out loss this saga (sort of as a way to make up 'losing Kalos league').

Yeah, TR nearly beat Ash but Bewear carried them off before they could actually win. It was just so disappointing and yes I've already said that but I feel like I need to say it again because that's how deflated I feel about it.

Could have been a great episode, even fantastic, but it's only good. I did like the sprinkling of backstory included though.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I really hope the writers aren't afraid of giving Ash a flat out loss this saga (sort of as a way to make up 'losing Kalos league').

I would find it pretty funny if the massive Kalos League backslash made it so Ash would like never lose a battle for the whole Alola saga. Albeit as you said, he did lose to Team Rocket that one time, so there's that.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I would find it pretty funny if the massive Kalos League backslash made it so Ash would like never lose a battle for the whole Alola saga. Albeit as you said, he did lose to Team Rocket that one time, so there's that.

Well I guess it's an issue either way. They don't want him to have a flat out loss, and yet having him never lose a battle would also be an issue in fear of some people calling him 'Gary Stu' or some s**t like that. So seems like in order to avoid such issues they'll just reduce the number of battles itself that Ash will have. Seems like that already since battles have been rare in this series so far in favor of a more relaxed SOL style.

nuzamaki90

This episode wasn't nearly as hype as it could've been. We honestly could have gotten a 2v2 if they had cut out that stupid TR moment. For God's sake I thought we were done with the whole TR interrupting important battles shtick. It just ruins what could have been an amazing episode.

But nonetheless, it was alright. I don't think Gladion has joined Team Skull yet, let alone met Type: Null. I don't think they are going to touch on that stuff until SM S2.

And once again, we get another bit of that Akala foreshadowing which will be forgotten by Ash in t-minus 7 days.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
wish the battle wasn't interrupted by tr, but we got some gladion backstory and he told ash about the akala grand trial.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
I thought TR moved past their Kanto moments of battle interruptions.

Xuxuba

The last time Ash had a serious full–fledged battle against a competent trainer was back in January, when he faced Hala.

When i thought we were finally going to have another one, TR interrupts it :c

SinnohEevee

Whenever the writers are too lazy to write a good battle, they just make Team Rocket interrupt it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
You say lazy as if Team Rocket was the only thing they were lazy about...

DAHGYLQUIAAai8b.jpg:large

Check out the four characters on the right hand side.
Then check the four characters on the left.