• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Come Forth, Lycanroc with the Crimson Look!! (970)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
TRio has to make up for lost time after not being in the first two episodes so having two episodes in a row with them isn't all that surprising. Apparently Gladion mentioned the Akala Trials or something so that leads me to believe episodes 30 and beyond are being hidden for a reason. Maybe we'll get more news on the off week. I nearly expected Rockruff to evolve for some reason that I can't really explain. Hey, look, the Bewear intercept of a blast off and...did Bewear just continue flying? Is Bewear secretly a Legendary Pokemon in disguise? At least TRio wasn't stalking Ash with the intent of stealing Pikachu, they just happened upon Gladion and didn't know Ash was even coming.

Oh, and back in EP008 I noticed something but today's episode reminded me. Lillie's wearing white in the photo, Gladion black, and Lusamine is split straight down the middle with a suspiciously Ultra Space-y looking blue thing on her that somehow reminds me of both cover Legendaries.

nuzamaki90

The battle itself was understandable, but Ash was going to lose, so I don't know why it matters one way or the other. I only mentioned the battle, for people thinking it was going to be that great if Team Rocket weren't there to interrupt. Nope, pretty sure Gladion would've won soon after, so I HIGHLY doubt it would've made much of a difference given the NON battle criticisms of the episode.

Come on now. You can't be serious when saying this lol? Even if Ash was going to lose, it would've made a stronger dynamic between the two because Ash always aspires greatly to defeat the people he loses to, especially rivals, every single time. The narrator called Gladion a rival but he's really just some strong COTD that battled Ash for a minute. He didn't get a chance to get serious with Ash or vice versa. It also defeats the purpose of the battle in the end because Gladion's only interest in Ash at that point was the Z-Ring he didn't even get to use.

S*** was lame and pointless. Matsui needs to do better.

Soniman

Break the Limit
That's amusing considering how much you people like to use that same argument when it comes to defending XY.

"Hey other people used this strawman so dont get mad when people do it forSM", is, once again, a non argument. Frankly dont even know why you brought it up but whatever. Bottom line is the reasoning is still dumb no matter whose using it.

also lol at "you people", always quick to start something over nothing, chill out

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Come on now. You can't be serious when saying this lol? Even if Ash was going to lose, it would've made a stronger dynamic between the two because Ash always aspires greatly to defeat the people he loses to, especially rivals, every single time.
I know Ash can be dense sometimes, but I cannot imagine that Ash honestly thought Rockruff was going to win or even assuming Gladion didn't think he was going to win, the only benefit is to the AUDIENCE for having a complete battle and for Team Rocket to f-off in these kinds of episodes, that's really the only benefit completing the battle would have done.

It also defeats the purpose of the battle in the end because Gladion's only interest in Ash at that point was the Z-Ring he didn't even get to use.
If I'm not mistaken Ash had the Electrium-Z in Z-ring, kind of hard to use it when Rockruff doesn't have an electric type move. And Gladion could've assumed Ash had the Rock type Z-crystal and moved on when Ash asked about it, waiting until Ash got stronger and more experienced.

So I even doubt if Ash was even allowed to finish his battle with Gladion he'd have used a Z-move anyway.

Maybe Breakneck Blitz but it didn't look like Ash was prepared to use it unless I'm wrong about the Z-crystal in Ash's Z-ring.

Again this was JUST an introduction to the character, let's wait until the NEXT Gladion episode before complaining about incomplete battles or even a character's personality/story.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I didn't think this episode was that bad. Sure, it was anti-climatic, but I'm not letting one moment destroy my enjoyment. It was a good backstory for Umbreon, okay introduction of Gladion, and pathetic use of a z-move. As for TRio, I want SM TRio back, not DA/XY TRio.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I didn't think this episode was that bad. Sure, it was anti-climatic, but I'm not letting one moment destroy my enjoyment. It was a god backstory for Umbreon, okay introduction of Gladion, and pathetic use of a z-move. As for TRio, I want SM TRio back, not DA/XY TRio.

DA/early XY Trio at least were marginally challenging and had occasional moderation and good roles. Late Kalos Quest/XYZ Trio on the other hand......*shudder*

VoltTacklingPika

It's interesting reading the reaction from people about the interrupted battle. While I understand the desire to see a good old fashioned battle between two good trainers, the criticisms that it was "anticlimactic" and a "waste of time" seem very over the top given it was Ash and Gladion's first encounter. It seems another classic case of fans hyping themselves up for something then lashing out when the episode didn't meet their expectations, despite their being no build-up to this fight whatsoever.

As I see it, Ash battling then losing is predictable and wouldn't have gotten me excited for the next battle. What would get me excited is the potential of the next battle; one where Ash is a little stronger and can, perhaps, fight Gladion on more even terms. Perhaps their fight could even have more meaning behind it besides "hey we just met, let's fight". If they give the dynamic more air time and more build-up, the pay off is going to be much better.

I feel that's been overlooked a bit here. There was no build to this fight or Gladion's appearance. It wasn't foreshadowed at all, and was a spontaneous event, one intended to a) make people know Gladion exists and b) point Ash in the direction of the next big plot point. I've no idea why anyone would want the writers to give you everything at once about a character and his relation to the story.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I've no idea why anyone would want the writers to give you everything at once about a character and his relation to the story.

people just wanted a proper battle, this isnt rocket science, nor was it unreasonable for people to expect something so basic....

VoltTacklingPika

people just wanted a proper battle, this isnt rocket science, nor was it unreasonable for people to expect something so basic....

That wasn't in reference to the battle. I was commenting on the desire for the plot to go into overdrive that some seemingly had. Hence I said "about a character and his relation to the story".

For what it's worth, I'm not interested in people's salt over a lack of action. I believe that in the context of the story and the potential rivalry, an interrupted fight is not the worst result nor is it the waste of time some are labelling it as.

SinnohEevee

Some people are worried that this series would be devoid of action.

Would that be more appealing to little kids? If so, then this anime will just ditch action.

VoltTacklingPika

Action for action's sake is ultimately meaningless. It's empty. If there's less but ultimately more meaningful conflicts in the show, that's a good thing.

Consider, for example, if Ash had battled Gladion to the end and lost. What meaning would there have been in that defeat? There were no stakes in that fight for either character. There was no set-up that suggested a conflict could come out of the fight. Ash would have brushed the loss off as he always did, because he had no reason to do anything otherwise.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I personally feel with the way Gladion is so important to the main plot of the series that he would have most likely benefited from a side series like the mega evolution series for Alain. The ME series did very well to develop Alain and his goals, personality. As a result once he was in the main series anime, we at least knew him very well.

A similar side series could help develop Gladion and his intentions and probably explore his childhood with Lillie better, and even show us a glimpse of Lusamine. Furthermore, with the large cast in the main series, I'm a bit concerned regarding how well they can portray Gladion.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Some people are worried that this series would be devoid of action.

Would that be more appealing to little kids? If so, then this anime will just ditch action.

That's what I dread, a notable lack of action so that this series can solely appeal to young kids who are hugely into slapstick. It's a reason why I've been so salty towards the Alola saga so far and I feel Gladion's appearance is not going to fix that anytime soon.

SinnohEevee

That's what I dread, a notable lack of action so that this series can solely appeal to young kids who are hugely into slapstick. It's a reason why I've been so salty towards the Alola saga so far and I feel Gladion's appearance is not going to fix that anytime soon.

And if it helps appeal more to little kids, then all future series would become like this.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
And if it helps appeal more to little kids, then all future series would become like this.

Honestly it's better than the repetitive **** formula we've been having for 20 years. I don't get why people want to see the same thing of Ash earning gym badges and then always failing to win a league.

SinnohEevee

Honestly it's better than the repetitive **** formula we've been having for 20 years. I don't get why people want to see the same thing of Ash earning gym badges and then always failing to win a league.

How will he become a Pokémon Master then?
The League is a step towards that.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Not enough Jojo poses
-1000/10

Worst Episode ever :p
JK

Now this was a nice episode but weaker than I expected due to the last-minute TRshoehorning

SinnohEevee

If he didn't care about repeating all 6 leagues he lost before, then we're very sure that's not a step to become a Pokemon Master.

Also, we're veering off-topic here. Let's talk about Gladion's lack of Jojo poses.

Becoming Champion is a step.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It is 3000 years too early to be talking about leagues.

As for Gladion, he was a lot nicer than I expected him to be.

Last edited: