• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Come Forth, Lycanroc with the Crimson Look!! (970)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like the VA choice, the dub hasn't had a voice for one of Ash's rivals that was good since Best Wishes!
It was a voice I always pictured in my head when Gladion speaks in the games.

Team Skull and Team Rocket showing up is always nice.
Poor Blastoise, you're stuck as a Pokemon doomed to forever lose....
The Rock z-move is amazing
I hope we get to see a full battle between Ash and Gladion soon, after Ash's team grows and develops more anyways. Especially a certain Fire type.

9/10

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode, but nothing too major other than Gladion debuting and learning a bit about him. Fine English debut, sure, but of course Team Rocket interrupts the battle which was expected and disappointing, but that's what they do. They deserved the blast off (they actually said they're blasting off) after trying to get away with Pikachu and Midnight Lycanroc.

It's good to see other Pokémon here, even Blastoise, but it's just there for demonstration purposes for Gladion. Team Skull at the beginning should have thought twice before even trying to challenge Gladion.

Good to see Gladion on friendly terms and appreciates what his sister Lillie has done so far.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Gladions VA sounds really good. Its familiar too, I need to find out who it is.

I wonder who gladion's dub actor is, I don't recognize his VA, so he must be new.

His voice actor is a guy named Eddy Lee.

I haven't heard of him at all, so I guess he's another new VA. It seems like TPCi is having this annoying habit of picking random new voice actors for some reason, most of which don't stick around after the generation they voiced in.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I am liking gladion's personality so far and his midnight has been great so far. Gladion sure is cool and his VA made him look like a badass.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
His voice actor is a guy named Eddy Lee.

I haven't heard of him at all, so I guess he's another new VA.

He's in the dub of YGO ArcV, and he also was in the dub of Your Name and Gundam Seed. He is indeed new to Pokemon, though.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Solid episode. Gladion's VA reminds me of some JP VAs. The ones that have no expression when spectating something(not saying it's a bad thing it just makes it seem more edgy).
Also I knew continental crush was huge but not that huge. That seemed more bigger than Inferno Overdrive.
And really Team Rocket? If you're going to interrupt a battle I would have preferred some gag where Lycanroc uses Counter and Wobbuffet uses Counter to see who is superior in using that move.
I wonder if this episode is a preview to the story line of US/UM since Gladion isn't affiliated with Team Skull.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The meat of the middle part of this thread boils down to:

"Because I like BW and SM when a lot of people don't, if someone criticizes SM, even if it's a valid criticism, I will suddenly complain that no one criticized XY in the same way. I will then proceed to pretend the thread is being raided by XY fanboys even though I'm the only one who brought up XY in the first place"

Although, why should I be surprised when this is the same user who has been so confident in his wrong predictions as to say garbage like

I also can't believe how many people actually think the anime will turn into a SCHOOL AU SETTING.

If the writers aren't bold enough to shake up the status quo by letting Ash win the League, why the hell should they throw away the core of this anime (the travelling) and move the setting into school?

and has been so rude as to say things like
Feel free to show yourself out.

Also, once and for all, THERE ARE NO BW WRITERS!

THE WRITING STAFF OF BW AND XY IS PRETTY MUCH IDENTICAL!!!

With that aside,

don't think they are going to touch on that stuff until SM S2.

We don't know whether there will be a SM S2. After all, we only got a BWS2 because the games were called BW2.

Let's not forget how Trip was a clone of Paul.

What does that have to do with this thread and this episode?

All of you complaining about the battle, direct your anger towards head writer Aya Matsui

So is Aya Matsui or Tomoyasu Daiki head writer. Because I definitely feel that I've heard of Daiki being referred to as Series constructor. Unless they're two different roles? That wouldn't make much sense though since I'm pretty sure I heard both terms being used to describe Tomioka last gen. Unless Tomioka did both jobs?

They did this kind of crap all the time in XY though; and the fact that Team Rocket appeared in every damn episode in XY makes things alot worse than they are in this series imo

They didn't appear in every episode. Has Janovy inhabited your body, Pokégirl fan?

Your logic sounds like Skyla's air battles..

This is the best insult with an in-universe reference I've read on these forums

One thing I didn't really like was Team Skull. They're just so forgettable. I get that their entire gag is that they're completely incompetent, but they're so incompetent that they're also completely unrelatable. We're 27 episodes in and I still don't even have a clue what these three goons are called.

They said their names during the Totem Raticate episode

So Ash didn't have to suffer a loss the first time to Gladion. Good. I really liked Gladion's cold attitude and personality, I'm sure that the Ash-Gladion rivalry will be one of the greatest! 9/10.

The only way this comment could make sense would be if you replaced the word Gladion with Paul and posted this in the DP003 thread in September 2006.

The Ash-SSS rivalry was idiotic for being introduced too late with a newbie, who suddenly gained a lot of powers at the speed of plot and then was SO OVERLY feared at the league over ONE SINGLE VICTORY CAUSED BY INDIRECT SECONDARY EFFECTS (i.e. a mental fart that shook his entire being basically) against the many clean ones Ash got out of him.

The Ash-Gladion rivalry barely exists all because there isn't this sense of urgency at least the Ash-SSS had. No victories, no losses, not even ties. Not even their dogs have this sense of triumphing over the other. This rivalry may as well still not exist.

You made a mistake. When used in a Generation VII episode thread, the acronym SSS stands for Shiron "Snowball" Snowy

No in-game character has ever become the main rival for Ash come league time. .

Gary.

However, other than that you do make a good point as game characters Barry, Bianca, and Tierno were taken down by Paul, Cameron, and Sawyer, not Ash

Okay, I'm just gonna say it now and get it over with: whether it be sub or dub-composed, absolutely any piece of music having to do with Team Skull SUCKS.

Hopefully that'll change once Guzma debuts if they remix his game VS theme

So in the end, this was a below average episode. What Disney XD had on last Saturday was so much better.

So wrong dude. Airing something 24 times in a row is never a good thing. And that doesn't have anything to do with the content of the thing itself, it's just a trash decision regardless. You can play Captain America: The Winter Soldier 24 times in a row and I would still call it a garbage decision. Actually, now that I think about it, I get pissed off sometimes just when FX plays it TWICE in a row, so forget about any channel airing anything 24 times in a row and it being able to be considered even remotely good from me.

I wonder if this episode is a preview to the story line of US/UM since Gladion isn't affiliated with Team Skull.

Oh wow. That's an interesting theory! Very well might be the case. After all, Roxie debuted before BW2 came out, and most recently, Zygarde forms debuted more than a year before SM came out.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Hopefully that'll change once Guzma debuts if they remix his game VS theme

Should've added "game-composed" to my statement to make clear that there's absolutely no piece of Team Skull-related music I like; they're all handicaps on what is otherwise an excellent game soundtrack. That does indeed include Guzma's encounter and battle themes.

It's mainly because that gangster-sounding music having to do with them is evocative of all my least favorite genres of music.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Should've added "game-composed" to my statement to make clear that there's absolutely no piece of Team Skull-related music I like; they're all handicaps on what is otherwise an excellent game soundtrack. That does indeed include Guzma's encounter and battle themes.

It's mainly because that gangster-sounding music having to do with them is evocative of all my least favorite genres of music.

And what genres are those? I'm pretty shocked tbh, since Guzma theme I think is the #1 original theme in the whole Gen VII music

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
I know people hated Team Rocket interrupting, but the one time when the writers stopped them from doing so back in BW, they acquired a ton of backlash from the Japanese fanbase. I liked that they would go on missions back in BW so we could actually have full battles and it gave an excuse as to why they weren't present. Yeah but people didn't like that change and preferred them to continually interrupt so that's not going to change anytime soon.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Rap, hip-hop, R&B; that general annoying stuff that all sound alike to me.

Ahh that's so sad I love those

I know people hated Team Rocket interrupting, but the one time when the writers stopped them from doing so back in BW, they acquired a ton of backlash from the Japanese fanbase. I liked that they would go on missions back in BW so we could actually have full battles and it gave an excuse as to why they weren't present. Yeah but people didn't like that change and preferred them to continually interrupt so that's not going to change anytime soon.

Are you being sarcastic?

Cloud5001

Ok honestly I like it better when the rivals are friendly towards Ash as opposed to assholes. There is literally nothing wrong with that as it still makes the strength difference relevant, the whole reason Trip was such a horrible rival was because they were playing up the jerk rival thing without any real reason behind it and of course the fact that he was a beginning trainer.

Gladion's introduction was pretty well handled and gave us more to his personality then just being cold and aloof to people. Was I a bit irritated that team rocket interrupted the battle you bet, but all that means is that their going to have a proper battle between the two later down the line. Honestly people should know how that works by now.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Even if I said that TR along with dub kinda made SM better, still there are action that they've don but are unforgivable,like here. They should let battle operate in natural way. Still good episode.

keepitsimple

site of lies
The episode wasn't too bad imo. Didn't really care much for Team Rocket here and would have preferred to see Ash win instead of the battle being interrupted

They didn't appear in every episode. Has Janovy inhabited your body, Pokégirl fan?

... Dude, I thought of something much different from what you intended when I saw this. Thanks for the image. ._.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think I enjoyed watching Gladio take on those unruly Skull-dan grunts in the alleyway and also that one guy's Kamex more than I enjoyed watching Satoshi challenge Gladio honestly, perhaps because I wasn't pleased by how the Rocket-dan interrupted the match. I would have rather seen that scuffle last longer.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
what was with the sky this episode? It was way more detailed than in any other ep