• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

come on GTS people be realistic.

shiney mew

Marsh Trainer
Earlier, I put in a level 1 Murkrow for a level 40+ Palkia just to see if anyone would actually take the offer (and to make sure my wi-fi worked). Just got a level 53 Japanese Palkia for it a few minutes ago. It amuses me. XD

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I would say it is hacked - not many people go to the trouble of getting a level 100 dragonairwhen they can get a level 100 dragonite

SuperLink

I find it very hard to believe if people would actually give you these Pokémon, if they did they're probably hacked. There are a stupid amount of people making unrealistic trades & it annoys me, I've been looking for a Munchlax for ages & all I've seen at the GTS is:

Lvl100 Palkia, Palkia any lvl, Dialga, Latios, Manaphy, Raikou, Mew, Jirachi, etc. The one time I saw a reasonable trade for a Munchlax was for a 9 or below Chimchar, unfortunately by the time I made the lil Chimchar the trade was gone.

I did manage to get a Bonsly & a Glameow over GTS yesterday, so I'm pretty chuffed about that! But in any case, I'm pretty annoyed with all these unrealistic trades, makes people like me with proper trades seem really mature or something :S

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Today I was tempted to offer my L1 female chimchar for a dialga, but since it had a neutral nature I requested for a ditto instead. I'm almost guaranteed to get what I want when I put up a shiny clone for an offer.

mrhiyuck

curious
I want a spiritomb pretty bad, but all the wants were Dialga and Palkia. Basically you have to hack to get rare Pokemon because it's hard to get common ones too. >_>

I think they should have put Pokemon into levels of rareness and you can only ask for ones in the level you offer. That would end this.

I also like to put rarer Pokemon up for more common ones so I can get IDs for the lottery.

Adventurous

<-- I now own. =D
Funny thing to do in the GTS is offer a pokemon for any level of that same pokemon, continuously. I did that with Palkia last weekend to get a Modest natured one. I eventually ended up with my modest natured one, (caught in Snowpoint Temple. lol) but got some interesting ones inbetween including a shiny one.(Shiny was caught in cherish ball, but everything else about it was perfectly normal)

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Yesterday, there was a lv 100 Mew asking for any lv Burmy. I got it :D Some of the offers are just stupid. A lv 1 Manaphy asking for a lv 100 Manaphy. Just plain stupid.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Usually when I put up any feebas that I palparked, I get whatever I want though I usually put in a reasonable offer. That was how I got a spiritomb. Now I'll need to breed for more spiritombs before I can start offering them away.

BanzaiKitten

Veteran Trainer
Some people are crazy on there.

I'm looking for a Piplup on GTS, I see people asking for...

-a Dialga
-a Palkia
-a lv.100 Lucario

-I have a Chimchar about to hatch from its egg, I'll trade for a Piplup.

BanzaiKitten

Veteran Trainer
Some people are crazy on there.

I'm looking for a Piplup on GTS, I see people asking for...

-a Dialga
-a Palkia
-a lv.100 Lucario

-I have a Chimchar about to hatch from its egg, I'll trade for a Piplup.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
The problem is, these people actually get the level 100 legendaries they ask for if they're patient. They're new Pokemon will be hacked of course, but that doesn't change the fact that they'll still get a completely usable level 100 legendary.

It's up to the hackers to stop supplying these people. I don't understand why there are any hacked Pokemon on GTS at all. If you have the ability to hack, why do you need to trade for anything?

Phoenix_Cypher

Altaria Trainer
I put up a freshly hatched Piplup for a Spiritomb before. Within 10 minutes someone answered my call :)

One thing I learned about the GTS, you're better off putting up a Pokemon on offer for the Pokemon you want rather than looking others' trade request. 90+% of the time if I bothered to actually go and search for a trade request I get absolutely ridiculous requests.