• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

come on GTS people be realistic.

Yertle

Sometimes you can get some good stuff if you try hard enough. I had a spare Vespiqueen so I put it up for a female Lucario and bam I had it, which was nice since I hate happiness evolutions so now I only have to do it once for my future lucario. I did get desperate and put a cloned jirachi up for a female togetic and japan came through again.

DeathDjango

Funkeeadelic
I really wish you can ask for shiny pokemon

You cant but you can search the pokemon you want and 1/18 people have it shiny (can change) You can always ask NightAvenger for shinies :D

I've gotten pretty decent trades like a Turtwig for a Piplup and Burmy for a Murkrow. So it works, but you have to find someone decent.

Kitten

I saw someone on there who wanted a Lv. 100 Mesprit for a Lv. 40 Bibarel. People are always trying to rip other people off.

xenicus

I was trying to use the hold item evo trick with my dusclops to get dusknoir so I put up a palkia for what I wanted and SOME IDIOT TRADED THIER PALKIA?!!? ._.

.....I wanted Dusknoir I don't want this stupid poopy palkia :<

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
The "Mighty" Magikarp got me another good trade.
Got Manaphy this time.

But I've seen more shiny Dialgas and Palkias on GTS earlier.

Got shiny Dialga for Turtwig female
Got shiny Palkia for Celebi.

Last edited:

shady1415

Beginning Trainer
It can happen, I but in a burmy and got a lv 100 palkia. Its very rare but it happens, and Im with you on this too, Everytime Im looking for some pokemon they always want something that no one would give them.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I saw someone on there who wanted a Lv. 100 Mesprit for a Lv. 40 Bibarel. People are always trying to rip other people off.

Yet i got a shiny Glaceon yesterday for a croagunk that was half the levels of the glaceon, so who knows what people do anymore.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Like I said, in-game people want to trade Farfetch'd for Spearow and Chatot for Buizel. They're crazy, and it makes kids think real people are crazy lunatics who like to give away their Paklias and Dialgas too.

kurt

< looks friendly
could be nintendo trading dialgas and palkias for magickarps and stuff.

Storm the Red

Loves to eat animals
Like I said, in-game people want to trade Farfetch'd for Spearow and Chatot for Buizel. They're crazy, and it makes kids think real people are crazy lunatics who like to give away their Paklias and Dialgas too.
Hey I personally would put up a Palkia for trade [as I restart my Pearl all the time].

I've never used GTS before... I might start, knowing how gullible some people can be. >D

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The difference is that very few people choose to repeatedly restart their games. If they have the time, they may not have the resources. These kids think that Palkia and Dialga are a dime a dozen though. Either that, or a large quantity of the people are putting their trust in cloners (or some other form of cheating).

DaMike52

Banned
I just put up my request and check back later.

Storm the Red

Loves to eat animals
The difference is that very few people choose to repeatedly restart their games.
And that my friends is why I'm in this business. XD I've been picking one game per generation to reset since day 1 [and in Generation I, I had multiple Yellows and Blues].

Hehe, this'll get me in the trading/breeding success BIG time, I just know it, especially considering I detest cheating.

HMTKSteve

And that my friends is why I'm in this business. XD I've been picking one game per generation to reset since day 1 [and in Generation I, I had multiple Yellows and Blues].

Hehe, this'll get me in the trading/breeding success BIG time, I just know it, especially considering I detest cheating.

I have replayed the other GBA games several times but, with a time investment of 50 hours to beat Pearl I'm just not going to reset it!

Storm the Red

Loves to eat animals
I have replayed the other GBA games several times but, with a time investment of 50 hours to beat Pearl I'm just not going to reset it!
I reset a Blue with over 100 hours on it, and reset it again when it got 80+ more, as well as a Red with 60+ hours on it. I do it because I like having multiples of stuff. My Silver has 200+ hours on it and have never reset it since I got it out of the box, however.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I got a shiny legit Chansey for a Chimchar once.

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
could be nintendo trading dialgas and palkias for magickarps and stuff.
Nah. It's just hackers. Really, that's all it is. Anytime you get a Dialga or Palkia on the GTS now it comes from either a hacker or a cloner. And both are cheaters anyway, so what does it matter?

Yeah it is pretty annoying, I have a feeling Nintendo will make an update in the GTS. Just my thought though..
Don't bet on it. :p They've known about this sort of thing for a long while now. Remember, it's been out in Japan since November of last year. They fixed certain bugs and glitches for the American version, but they didn't just magically implement a "fairer" system of GTS trades, lol. The code change for such a venture would have been massive anyway.

I got a shiny legit Chansey for a Chimchar once.
Not to downplay your awesome trade, but how do you know for sure that it's legit? You can hack any pokemon in such a way that it looks exactly like it would if caught in the wild. Trading on the GTS or with people online, you can never tell if what you're getting is genuine or not. :( It's the sad but honest truth.