• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

come on GTS people be realistic.

Sampipe81

I have seen some really stupid offers on the GTS. Like a lv1 Munchlax for a lv 100 Celebi. At least i gives reasonable offers like lv Munchlax for a Shieldon ay any lv

ReenK

Ghost Pokemon Fan
yeah, all the idiots on gts can get annoying. every time i look up munchlax, they ALL want palkia/dialga. D: but sometimes you can get lucky. like once, i saw someone wanted a gible for their roserade. i didnt have gible, so i looked up gible, then traded for something (don't remember) then went back and traded for roserade. :D that works a lot actually. and i see some quite generous people on there (mostly japanese) i traded a lopunny for mesprit, lol. once i saw a legit shiny palkia on there. i would have traded anything for it, but they wanted deoxys. :( lately i've been putting up my hatched pokemon, usually piplup and spiritomb, and i've been getting some pretty rare pokes for them, just give the people what they want, and you'll get what you want! :D

Shnitzel_12

I agree, SEAKING FOR DEOXYS is the most ridiculous I've seen.
I'm a victim, yet a lucky one. of a hacker. I asked for Spiritomb female any level and got a shiny level 100 one. It was hacked, it said apparently met an lev.100

;430;

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I was looking for a Rayquazza, and the only thing I could trade for it was for my Manaphy...I was desperate, and am now restarting Ranger to get another Manaphy...
YOU COULD HAVE JUST PUT UP ANY POKEMON

somthimes that works

Bl4stoise

munchlax are the worst w/o a doubt. I've never even seen a munchlax offer that i even slightly considered.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Here are some of my recent offers now that I have access to palpark which I bring up and offer cloned pokemon anyways:

L5 feebas for a L1 spiritomb
shiny snorlax (clone) for an azelf
shiny sneasel (clone) for an uxie

I am currently offering my former team member staraptor for a lopunny and shall check later on once I have wifi access.

I intend to make use of some of the pokemon I snagged from colloseum & XD as there seems to be a demand for heracross and sudoweedo for starters.

Had my first experience of GTS today. Very cool, but yeah I see your point. Searched magikarp and was getting stupid 'wanteds' like palkia. Got myself a chimchar though (for a Bagon...I have a few of these if anyone's interested - PM. Looking for starters). My theory is that people might be just putting them up on the 'off chance' someone decides to be generous. If all you're doing is for example searching for Pokémon and not really desparate enough to offer something good (e.g. kyogre for palkia) then you may as well stick something up for trade while you do so. Aside from that I kinda did this myself; asked for a Piplup offering a Ralts (since I have 2). Although not quite as unreasonable since piplups are breedable, it's a bit of an unfair trade. Just my 2 cents...

pokelisa

I agree. It is very annoying and somewhat stupid. Come on people!!! I know everybody wants a dialga or a Palkia, but some request are just wrong. I just trade my Dialga for a shiny Weavile, but later I got a Dialga back (for a mewtwo in lvl. 100 i got from a friend).

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Here's my theory: everybody seems to want a dialga & palkia. Why? because that's whom appears on the cover and are most appealing.

One thing's for sure, I am certainly not going to give out my dialga nor palkia under any circumstance as I spent many hours soft-reseting for them with desired nature & stats. Cry all you want but answer is NO.

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
Here's my theory: everybody seems to want a dialga & palkia. Why? because that's whom appears on the cover and are most appealing.

One thing's for sure, I am certainly not going to give out my dialga nor palkia under any circumstance as I spent many hours soft-reseting for them with desired nature & stats. Cry all you want but answer is NO.

I think you're mistaken there. :p The reason they want those two isn't because they're on the cover. It's because they don't have dex entries for the other legendaries yet, lol.

Skez

Im not that keen on GTS :(
i was playing at a friends house and he said "someone has a lv 100 dialga up, and they are asking for any level hariyama"
so i soft reset, transfer mine over, do pal park then fly back to jubilife.
can t find the dialga :mad:
you gotta be faaaast

DeathDjango

Funkeeadelic

Uber User! JK.
People can be really annoying at GTS. I've gotten some fair trades but nah, people offer sh** for something really rare. Today I saw someone offering a Feebas in exchange he wanted a L100 Lugia.

Retro

I actually traded off my Palkia on the GTS, for a shiny charmander. Since I have a japanese diamond I'll trade dialga for a new palkia and then start over in diamond some day and get another Dialga.

Last edited:
DeathDjango said:
Uber User! JK.

There is nothing wrong with using ubers. Only in battles with other real life people will there be a problem.

Does anyone have a list of the Pokemon that can not even be seen in Diamond and Pearl?

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/unobtainables.shtml

Everything else can be seen. (except version exclusives)

I think that GTS is slightly flawed, due to the fact that hacks can be obtained off of it. I personally post what I want and wait for it when I want something. No need to go seacrhing for what I want with so many greedy people around.
I see this scenario and others like it before: Lv. 5 Magikarp for a lv.100 Dialga. WTF? The people who ask for things like that deserve to get a hack.
My suggestion for GTS use: Don't be so greedy that it makes you stupid. Be reasonable and trade with wisdom. Do look for opportunities, but don't be a fool about it.

Yeah the level 100 thing is annoying in general as well. Who in their right mind is going to sit training a pokémon to level 100 just to trade it away? Maybe for another level 100ish pokémon but not for a baby riolu or something which is what's being requested a lot of the time.