• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Come What May (327)

T

Togemon

This episode was good. I Really liked Grace, and the battles in this episode were better than in others, but some things I didn't like was;
1. The Ice Punch on the floor thing. I thought it was too cheap.
2. Drew was in it.

Though I loved seeing Drew get beat, I give it a 7/10, it would have been higher, but Drew brought it down for me.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Great episode! I'll admit that Dustox's rainbow thing was cool, even though it wasn't really Dustox. The battles were great, and the whole thing was terrific, even though I knew that May would win. Gosh, Grace looks like a Wobbufet when she laughs like that! XD
The Who's That Pokemon was......unexpected. It was so random! Why so early? Why the old style? Why Paras? WHY EVEN PUT IT THERE????

So yeah, I give it an 9/10.

DA SMILIE PICTURE:

;308; ---------@ ((((((( ;267;

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
zonic the hedgehog said:
Well, right after the part you stopped at, Medicham and Beautifly both were hurt badly after crashing into each other, May wins, of course.
May does her victory pose and everybody cheers! *commercials*
May is outside talking to Grace, and Grace congratulates her on the fantastic battle. Drew comes in, and also congratulates her too, but then he gets cocky and says "If you were against me, you probably wouldn't have won." Max complains, and says he still has his bad attitude, but May says it doesn't really bother her. Ash yells about his next Gym, and May says she can't wait for the next contest!
Don't forget the rose. I'd be interested to know the exact dialogue around it in the dub.

Chris

Old Coot
She asked if the rose for Beautifly and his answer was "...Yeah, something like that.." Not sure if that was a part of the original.

And apparently 4Kids didn't wanna translate Psybeam. :\ Stupid considering rainbow and Psybeam have the same amount of syllables and can share the same amount of mouthflaps. Musashi was combining Psybeam with Poison Sting. :\

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Whewww Good Eppy yeah what ETR said was right (I swear I felt like barfing...personal reasons)

This one was a good episode I really liked the battle against Grace using Silver Wind Tackle and String shot and Gust she used them perfectally I loved the tornado and the fight overall.Drew losing was so funny The Ice Punch and the floor and reflecting was good.It was a good episode in all one of my favs so far.

If anyone says that Contest battles aren't like real battles, then they don't know what they're talking about. :)

This was a great ep. I loved all of the attack combos put together! :)

I also loved it when Medicham used Ice Punch to reflect Solarbeam. Who knew that was a possiblity? :)

And Beautifly using Silver Wind to stop Meditate? CLEVER!! :D

I give this ep a 10/10! One of the BEST Contest eps ever!! :)

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
EliteTrainerRaven said:
She asked if the rose for Beautifly and his answer was "...Yeah, something like that.." Not sure if that was a part of the original.
That's pretty close to the original.

And apparently 4Kids didn't wanna translate Psybeam. :\ Stupid considering rainbow and Psybeam have the same amount of syllables and can share the same amount of mouthflaps. Musashi was combining Psybeam with Poison Sting. :\
She only used Psybeam once in the episode, never combined with anything. The repeated use of "Rainbow" (I assume that's what you're referring to) is an absolutely perfect translation from the original, as Musashino used that exact English word in all her attack orders.

A

aura500

I loved this eposide, this one is definitely one of the best. I liked the part part when meticham was slaming ice punch on the ground to block solarbeam. The battle with may and grace was good too. This episode was alot better than I thought it would be, It gets a 10/10.

L

Lindsay

Gee Serebii, spoilers much?

Awesome episode! The long wait for May's second contest was well worth it!

This one must have had a pretty good budget because the special effects and coloring from the many attacks were truly a notch above most episodes. The battle directing was also great! None of the 3 battles felt cheap or obvious who would win. Some really great stuff for sure.

Dustox vs Beautifly - A pretty even fight although Dustox had a better start it stayed pretty close. If Dusty had been able to pull off that Psybeam it might have won.

Roselia vs Medicham - Roselia was outclassed through and through which was surprising. I didn't expect Drew to flop so badly especially after beating Ash in battle just the day before so wow...

Beautifly vs Medicham - Ooo the big showdown! So many good parts to choose from! Medicham's Ice Punch temporarily freezing Beautifly, it taking extra damage from missing Hi Jump Kick, and Beautifly's big finale of immobilizing Medicham's arms with Silver Wind so it couldn't Meditate!

Aaaaaand May has won her first ribbon in an episode better then some gym ones! Way to go May! ^_^

5 / 5

Brilliant episode with great battles that I just can't get over praising. Even the Hoenn-haters would be hard pressed to find fights this well directed in their stupid old 1st season lovefest.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
At least Pokemon got to beat the living the crap out of each other. Lay down the beating with style. Whatever, I still think contests are a joke at the expense of real Pokemon battling. Though that's just my humble opinion.

Jessie cheats, how...predictable. If she actually but some work into it, she could probably win a contest. Considering you don't have to be a good trainer to win coughmaycough, she win fair and square.

We finally get to see the undesirable effects of Hi Jump Kick when it misses. I'm glad when they actually read the manual.

7/10 if it wasn't a contest episode maybe an 8.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
This episode was filled with nice contest performances.

I liked Medicham's vigorous icepunching of the ground, and then making ice spikes shoot out from it.

I had more to say about this episode, but I had already written it before...I guess I just forgot to submit my reply, so...

I give this episode an 8/10.

R

Robert

This episode was quite... remarkable... the battles were awesome and original, there was some drama, and May won! :) I just didn't like how sickenly obvious it was that Jessie was cheating with that thing on Dustox... Oh well. Still a splendid episode! ^__^

M

meggirl63

I was really proud of May winning that Pokemon Contest. Of course, I was really surprised that Drew gave May a rose because of Beautifly's performance. How sweet!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The episode was one of the best battle episodes in quite a while. The effects were beautiful, and the strategies innovative. The various intricacies are what really made the episode though, such as showing the adverse effect of Hi Jump Kick, and how Medicham could use Confusion on itself to dodge attacks and even move so that it could dodge and use Meditate at the same time!

While many have commented on the use of Ice Punch to deflect Solarbeam, what impressed me the most was the way Ice Punch was used against Beautifly. Medicham actually surrounded its fist with icy energy then threw the energy at Beautifly like one would a baseball or something. I really like how many attack in the anime work on various levels, and include physical and projectile forms, and can even be used indirectly (as when Corphish uses a pressure wave from its Crabhammer to blast TR off without throwing energy at them or touching them).

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I have to admit the battles were great Especially the ones with Grace. She's the real deal with her connection with Medicham. She could probably clean up in the contest and gym circuits. At last, they forced May to think on her feet and she actually rose to the challenge. I don't loath her so much now, however, she still isn't that good of a character.

The battles were good except we had to listen to the stupid judge who I thought were really out of place commenting on the battle. I was like "cut the chatter and get back to the butt-kicking already, I don't care what you think of it".

Yellow

Banned
I really liked this episode. It was an awesome battle between May and Grace. I can't belive May won!!

A

Ash500

I gotta hand it to this episode that made people who liked Misty forget about her. The battle was so long I couldn't move from the screen. It was good though seeing how May was finally able to work great with beautfly in battle.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
I really enjoyed this episode. Grace and Medicham knew what they were doing. It was cool that May won. The battles were awesome. 9/10

Geodude

May: "I suppose this rose is for Beautifly, right?"
Drew: *flicks hair* "Yeah...something like that."

One of the best ContestShippy quotes yet. :D And I liked when May said to Beautifly:

"I love you. You're just the best."

That scene was so cute. :D

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The Big Al said:
I have to admit the battles were great Especially the ones with Grace. She's the real deal with her connection with Medicham. She could probably clean up in the contest and gym circuits. At last, they forced May to think on her feet and she actually rose to the challenge. I don't loath her so much now, however, she still isn't that good of a character.
*claps* It's nice to know you are open-minded in your views. Who knows, by the end of her tour through Hoenn you may come to more than tolerate May. ^_^