• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Come What May (327)

*~Silver*~

I agree that May was a bit overpowered, and I honestly couldn't decide whether to be amused, or irritated at Grace's constant pointless laughing... As for her Medicham, it's voice was entertaining to me. I don't know... There have been times when I've watched this episode just to hear Medicham's voice... It just fit so well, but was so weird... I don't even know... xD

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I agree that May was a bit overpowered, and I honestly couldn't decide whether to be amused, or irritated at Grace's constant pointless laughing... As for her Medicham, it's voice was entertaining to me. I don't know... There have been times when I've watched this episode just to hear Medicham's voice... It just fit so well, but was so weird... I don't even know... xD

Overpowered? Compared to her other battles later on, this battle actually felt proper. And if you use combination moves, the outcome is much stronger. That's what Garce taught her, May learned from it and she lost before. So it was good she won this time with effort.

Sephora

yes I'm back
One of my favourite episodes.
I just really love May and this battle. I just love the strategies of Beautfly's Silver Wind. Great first contest win for May, and in my opinion, better than Dawn's first win.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
One of my favourite episodes.
I just really love May and this battle. I just love the strategies of Beautfly's Silver Wind. Great first contest win for May, and in my opinion, better than Dawn's first win.

Indeed, this was the first time I actually started to really like Contests in the anime. I think this was around the point where the writers were showing us what Contests could be in the series and how funny the character interaction between May and her rivals were.

Too bad Beautifly wasn't used much after this.

Glad May finally won her first contest ribbon!. :)

I found it odd how Jessie was disqualified after she lost her battle.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Contests are a good alternative to Gym battles.Well,May was lucky that she had to fight with Jessie in the first round.I didn't really expect Drew to lose actually.But it's good that May won her first one but didn't find that to be realistic actually. Overall I would give the episode 8/10. :D

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Jessie did well with Dustox and I wish she hadn't resorted to getting mad when she lost and blow her cover. Drew losing to the Medicham girl was sad, but hey at least May managed to win here which was cool. :3

Gillachu

Banned
OK so May won the damn ribbon which was progress for her, but I didn't think Contests battles were as good as Gym battles.

JudySpell

Banned
Hooray for May winning. She deserved the ribbon unlike Drew or Grace. Jessie competing was just a waste of time though. 6.5/10

Zamin

Well done May, that was a spectacular result for her! I was willing her to win by the end. Jessie's technique was interesting, I like how theatrical her performance was but then it all fell apart eventually.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
At least May finally won her 1st Contest ribbon after being unable to register the first time and slipping up the second time. I like that she got the hang of doing combination attacks. Too bad it took her a bit to master that...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Musashi and Dokucale did well in the Contest at first, and if Musashi hadn't cheated I feel that she would've progressed much further. Grace's Charem completely annihilated Shuu's Roselia however which I didn't expect given Shuu's skills, although watching Haruka and Agehunt defeat Grace right after was like vengeance.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Poor Roselia was outclassed by Medicham which was surprising. I didn't expect Drew to mess up. Medicham's Ice Punch temporarily freezing Beautifly was shocking.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given how tough Grace was shown to be, it still amazes me how Haruka managed to win. Even with Agehunt's type advantage, you'd think that Charem would've had the upper hand with experience.

Daizy

I call you honey
I don't get why Grace had a problem with a contestant being flashier than their Pokemon. I was also surprised that Brock didn't know that High Jump Kick damages the user if it misses.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't get why Grace had a problem with a contestant being flashier than their Pokemon. I was also surprised that Brock didn't know that High Jump Kick damages the user if it misses.

Takeshi is smart, but even he doesn't know everything about Pokemon. So him not knowing the side effects of some attacks is realistic.

Bendicion

Water Master
Terrible episode, it was poorly written despite the development showcased. I certainly didn't see enough to believe that Beautifly could pull off those moves or that May had the ability to teach those moves to it. No indication at all was given that May had displayed sufficient enough skill to teach those moves nor was there a point when Beautifly had shown enough training to pull off those moves without a problem. It is established already that Drew is a better trainer than May in all aspects at this point in the show. It's fairly obvious. The fact that Grace was able to defeat Drew yet lose to May so easily is really telling of the writing of this episode and her mistreatment. May showed NO strategical ability beforehand against an opponent who was shown to be a better coordinator than Drew who is also leagues beyond May at this point. I am so shocked at how overpowered the writers have made May. The battle looked really nice but that's all it had going for it. What on earth is May doing winning this contest in the first place when she has little battling experience? Seriously. 1/10