• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Come What May (327)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Come What May!

Its time for the Pokémon Contest in Fallarbor and May is as vigilant as ever. She is anxious to have her first win and wipe the smirk off Drew's face. However she ends up against the Medicham and has her toughest battle yet...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I can't wait to see this episode! I love Pokemon Contest's, they are so exciting.

Beautifly VS Medicham....sounds like an exciting episode!

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
I love this episode! I just watched it, and it was totally worth watching BTW, and this episode had some pretty cool stuff: beautifly's combo
Grace not laughing a lot
Drew finally losing, so i can laugh!
Jessie cheating with dustox
I give this episode a 9/10!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
"Pros and Con artists" was awesome.

What impressed me the most about this episode was how well scripted the battles were. They weren't cheap battles either, Medicham using the Ice punch on the floor to deflect Roselia's Solar beam was really great.

What was also good is it wasn't a cheap cop out to have May win. They made May's battle against Grace believeable, even though Grace had so much more experience. Beautifly imobilizing Medichams arms so it couldn't use Meditate, as well as the Silver wind to it's back making it hurt it's knee. Really a great strategy.

Really loved the battles and animation in this episode. I knew the contests episodes would be great, they're just as interesting as the GYM episodes.

Bottom line, if you didn't like this episode, I guess you don't like well scripted battles. Also goes to show you that battling in Contests is just as exciting as real battles.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
This was awesome...as now if i were to vote between May and Misty in battle chances are...MAY would win with what pokemon she currently has...with her stratgies and combo's...this will help my fic...lol

Well, it was good, now another few ep...and GYM MATCH...lol

V Faction

www.faction.com
Excellent excellent Episode.

-It was a Contest Episode. What's not to love? >_<

-The animation was awesome, specifically Medicham's Ice Punch. Man, can that thing be launched!

-All the attacks were expertly said, no foul-ups as far as I can tell.

-Very emotional too. The big climax with Beautifly versus Medicham was heart-racing.

-Trainer's Choice: Not bad, very simple today. I know some people will complain that it was too simple, but hey, you can't have toughies all the time.

-And... what's this? Who's that Pokemon? Why, it's Paras of course, but what's the occasion? It was certainly in an odd place.

This Episode gets V's seal of approval, not that my seal is anything special: [Approved]

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That who's that pokemon is obviously KidsWB's doing. It clearly wasn't part of the episode, KidsWB played an old clip from some Kanto episode with Paras. (hence the old design)

I wonder if KidsWB is going to put old clips like that before the commercial breaks end.

OMG, this was onem of the best episodes ever!!!! Medicham's voice rocked as usual, and the battles were amazing. Jessie and Dustox were funny, and it's good to see TR have more of a role than the usual comedy relief!! Grace and May's battle was excellent!!!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Overall rating:
9.8 out of 10!!!!
Second best episode in AG so far!!! Keep up the AWESOME work!!!

V Faction

www.faction.com
Cybercubed said:
That who's that pokemon is obviously KidsWB's doing. It clearly wasn't part of the episode, KidsWB played an old clip from some Kanto episode with Paras. (hence the old design)

I did recognize that it was an older version, but I'd like to know the reason for showing it right now of all times? I mean, was there a demand for it? Did KidsWB have a craving for WTP? Was there a roulette wheel involved?

H

Houndoom Master

You could tell May would win. The combinations were clever, but I doubt Grace would actually realize the way Solarbeam would reflect off the ice. The strategy most of the characters had were smart. Drew was still snobbish, I can't stand his voice. By the way, what the heck was the Who's That Pokemon with Paras about? Overall, I only give it a 3/10. BTW, I use my own rating system, and it didn't score that high. Otherwise, what I post is comments.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
V Faction said:
I did recognize that it was an older version, but I'd like to know the reason for showing it right now of all times? I mean, was there a demand for it? Did KidsWB have a craving for WTP? Was there a roulette wheel involved?

Well, let's see if they put another who's that pokemon during "Cheer Pressure" in half an hour.

It'll be amusing to see if it's Jigglypuff, then I know they're going in order from "The Problem with Paras".

S

slysunshine

Oh, where to start? I loved it of course. There's been a near perfect episode each week for three weeks now. :D

I actually liked watching these battles. Watching them attack wasn't the best part of the show, but it was cool for once. (Well, it was a contest, why wouldn't it be?) I didn't get to see May win though. My sister came in right as Beautifly and Medicham were heading right for each other. :/

I can't believe I didn't get to see the end! *sigh* Anyways, May and Drew looked cute standing next to each other watching, and it seemed like May was disappointed when Drew lost, though I know it was probably because she realized how strong Grace was. Also, May's combinations were very beautiful, and Roselia was good too!

My only complaint is that they dove right into the contest at the very beginning, but I guess they have to do that when they only have 30 minutes.

Anyways, it's one of my very favorites. 10/10. :D

Can someone please tell me exactly what happened and what was said in the last five minutes? XD

I probably won't get to see any of Cheer Pressure. :(

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
charizardtrainer said:
Overall, I only give it a 3/10.
3 out of 10? Jebus, what the hell kind of ratings do you give the johto-ish filler episodes, -3000 out of 10? >_O;

This is an episode that screams out 'high quality'. A decent pokémon battle, well thought out strategy, lots of great animation sequences, tons of character development, emotional scenes and a truckload of breath-taking moments.
THESE are what make the contest episodes a great addition to the story. And with such an intense battle such as this, there is no denying that. Quality all the way, and I'd go as far as saying this battle alone totally thrashes Ash's first few gym battles in Houen.

Cybercubed said:
Bottom line, if you didn't like this episode, I guess you don't like well scripted battles. Also goes to show you that battling in Contests is just as exciting as real battles.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
sly_74 said:
Can someone please tell me exactly what happened and what was said in the last five minutes? XD

I probably won't get to see any of Cheer Pressure. :(

Well, right after the part you stopped at, Medicham and Beautifly both were hurt badly after crashing into each other, May wins, of course.
May does her victory pose and everybody cheers! *commercials*
May is outside talking to Grace, and Grace congratulates her on the fantastic battle. Drew comes in, and also congratulates her too, but then he gets cocky and says "If you were against me, you probably wouldn't have won." Max complains, and says he still has his bad attitude, but May says it doesn't really bother her. Ash yells about his next Gym, and May says she can't wait for the next contest!

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Well... I LOVED IT! The battle was very intense all the way. May & Beautifly were just awesome! I was rather surprised May could put up such a great battle because I would've expected that kind of battle from someone experienced. Comes to prove May isn't such a newbie anymore. I'm looking forward to her future contests! Just as interesting as Gym Leader battles; if not more. Beauty, talent, strategy, and power all in one. You go, Beautifly! ;267; ^__^

S

slysunshine

zonic the hedgehog said:
Well, right after the part you stopped at, Medicham and Beautifly both were hurt badly after crashing into each other, May wins, of course.
May does her victory pose and everybody cheers! *commercials*
May is outside talking to Grace, and Grace congratulates her on the fantastic battle. Drew comes in, and also congratulates her too, but then he gets cocky and says "If you were against me, you probably wouldn't have won." Max complains, and says he still has his bad attitude, but May says it doesn't really bother her. Ash yells about his next Gym, and May says she can't wait for the next contest!

Thank you so much. That helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
It was an awesome battle using Ice Punch to rikocha the Solarbeam to hit right back at Roselia. The match between May and Grace was also good as well just Grace laugh annoy me. I was a bit suprise in seeing who's that pokemon when they already got a trainer choice but it been a loooong time since we last saw Paras.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Was it just me, or did Grace yell "Use Hi Jump!" in the beginning? Yeah, they showed Jiglypuff in Cheer Pressure. What's with that? The old WTP animations was horrible, and now we get Trainer's Choice, so why show it? Anyway, VERY good episode, better than Cheer Pressure, at any rate!

9.5/10

V Faction

www.faction.com
Bulba the Great! said:
Was it just me, or did Grace yell "Use Hi Jump!" in the beginning?

Reasons for that...

1. Almost like a nickname. I'm sure Medicham has used the attack many times before. Saying "Hi Jump" is as equally as good as saying the whole thing, because both Trainer and Pokemon know what to expect.

2. Mouth flap constraints.