• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Comic Tutorials - PLEASE READ

Infinity

Gone...
Russian May said:
Hey, good one! And can I make a comic, using Photoshop?
You can make a comic with whatever you want. Drawn, sprited, it doesn't matter. Good luck!

Socrates With A Lobotomy

Is it okay if I ask a question that doesn't completely have to do with the topic at hand? I need to know how to make a blurry effect for fast things.

Infinity

Gone...
You need a program that can blur in order to do that. GIMP can do that and it's free, just go to filters, and motion blur it. You need to fool around with the settings since I don't have that much practice in that.

Mastercougar

The Infinite Fire
I always use a motion blur in Photoshop, myself.

peter1234500000

Cascade Trainer
Can someone teach me to made a sprite comic? Im just another person wanting to bring ramdomness into the world, in comics.

How do you rip maps out from the games? any site I can go to?

Last edited:

Russian May

The_Darkness_Within said:
This inspires me to make a Photoshop Tutorial. I'll start right now!
Edit: I'm finished, is this good enough?

Thanx! I think it will help me! But first I need to get a Photoshop! =) Maybe, I'll ask my Dad...

Infinity

Gone...
I am thinking of slapping together a normal sprite comic tutorial this weekend, y'know the basics. If you have any suggestions or ideas for that they are welcome. If I am feeling really nice I'll string together a drawing/coloring tutorial for drawn comics, I think this forum could use more drawn comics.

TheDarknessWithin

Link PWNs you all.
Infinity said:
I am thinking of slapping together a normal sprite comic tutorial this weekend, y'know the basics. If you have any suggestions or ideas for that they are welcome. If I am feeling really nice I'll string together a drawing/coloring tutorial for drawn comics, I think this forum could use more drawn comics.
I'll be looking forward to that.

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
I'm wondering, is this a thread where everyone posts tutorials, or a thread you made to show off your tutorials?

Little confusion there...

Infinity

Gone...
This thread is for people to post their tutorials, I'll organize this thread a bit after we get a few more tutorials.

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Well, I have some.... Anti-tutorials to post, then. :p
verygoodcomic3wq.png

Well, that's not very good. In fact, not good at all. Lacks proper facial expressions, consistent detailed backgrounds, proper panels, text bubbles, good coloring, good fusions, a good story, spelling, grammar, and good rescaling.

Requirements for an overworld comic.
(Don't comment on the trainer sprites, I was in a hurry :p)

Infinity

Gone...
Sweet, now it's all up there for convienant access. And the anti-tutorial is hideious. Hopefully this will help a couple people.

Edit: I felt that some of my posts were off-topicish, so I deteled them. I still think that one main idea or theme should go with each sticky though.

Last edited:

blueguy

used Metronome!
Hi... I was wondering if I would be allowed to include these tutorials in my All-in-one thread... ? May I? It will most likely become the one, universal sticky of knowledge, so I think I should make a post with them in the thread.

Last edited:

blueguy

used Metronome!
Infinity said:
I would like to keep this separate for the sake of convenience.

But that was the point of making the All-in-one... -_- So that we wouldn't have a bazillion disused stickies. Believe me, it's better if they're placed in one thread.

Mastercougar

The Infinite Fire
I think these threads could really work either way. They'd be fine seperate, but I don't think it would hurt to combine them either.