• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Comic Tutorials - PLEASE READ

Ottertail

i just want to make some comics like Desperate Milotic

lucario36

could someone please tell me were i can get like a map thingy...not a map...like a sheet of grass you know? and then put houses on it and stuff to make a town for my comic..basically what i need are backrounds of places like virdian forest or caves and stuff like that......
could someone please tell me were i can get these things asap? :)

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
I figure this is already in here somewhere, but seeing as this problem is so common, I just wanna make sure it's somewhere easy to see. (for the moment, anyway)

sprite comics look best in .PNG format. to save as a .PNG file when using paint (it's okay, many sprites are done this way), go to the save option (this doesn't work if you've already saved as another file type) and type this in the file name box:

filename.png

of course, replace filename with the name you want to use. to put it simply, just type ".png" (minus quotes) at the end of the file name when you first save.

this file type really helps with sprite comics, as it doesn't deteriorate or blur the image quality of pixel/sprite art like .JPG does.

tried to make it friendly. 8P

Skittygirl

Skittyx2
Im having a bit of a problem. Whenever I try to crop the image on Stretch/Skew, it says the integer has to be -89 to 89 so I cant do anything to enlarge it.

Infinity

Gone...
That's weird... Well my advice to you would to get a better program (as I have no clue how to fix that), such as GIMP, which is located at gimp.org. It is a very good idea to have as many programs at your disposal as possible because you never know when you will need them.

GIMP is a program that is similar to Photoshop, however, it's free and it's resizing is better than Paint's in my opinion. It does take a bit to understand and learn, but if you take the time to learn something it will benefit you later.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh, I see what you mean. You're typing in a number for "Skew," right? The number you're typing in is the number of degrees skewed. Typing in 90 would confuse th computer, as it would result in your image being skewed so heavily that all that's left is a straight line. I never use Skew.

If you're trying to enlarge the picture, type in the percentage you want it enlarged (such as "200" to double the size) in both boxes under "Stretch." Leave "Skew" alone.

m190049

Local psychopath
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but there's a problem. I see rules, tutorials, contests, and stuff like that. I need a sprite resource! (Not the sprites like the pokemon sprites. I mean the character overworlds!)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't know where to put it.

Infinity

Gone...
You'll have to ask around if someone has ripped them because I wouldn't know.

blueguy

used Metronome!
Here is a simple tutorial I made a while ago about recoloring overworlds, since many people do it quite terribly.

recolor.png

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I have no idea what you're talking about, unless you mean that you don't know how to delete and clear space. Just click the square select tool, select the area you typed the episode onto, and hit Delete (or Apple+K if you're using a Mac).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It depends on what you're going to do. MS Paint can't be beat when it comes to sprites, but anything beyond that, you'll have to jump through hoops to get MS Paint to do what you want it to do. It's very easy to use though.

8 Arial black is fine for dialogue. It's completely readable and shouldn't take up too much space.