• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Comic Tutorials - PLEASE READ

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
For nighttime scenes, you can look for something that puts a color filter and set it to dark blue. (For GIMP, it's called the Colorizer. For MS Paint, it doesn't exist. That's as far as I can help you.)

Jackson

How can I make maps night and dark.

Well i us Serif PhotoPlus 6.0. Its realy made for photos not sprites But its still has a light fixing thing that works nicly. pluse you can download it free if you look around on google. :)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It's a short answer: No.

The reason is because things done in MS Paint work in solid colors, which PNG can compress just as well with absolutely no loss in image quality.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
That's simple. They copy an image or a piece of an image, then they paste it somewhere else. Then, they use a graphics tool to enlarge the image (it's different from program to program--for example, it's called "Stretch" on MS Paint).

If it isn't clear, I can show you a step-by-step thing. It's on GIMP, however, so you might need to still figure out your own way to do it.

Pokedude1928375

That's simple. They copy an image or a piece of an image, then they paste it somewhere else. Then, they use a graphics tool to enlarge the image (it's different from program to program--for example, it's called "Stretch" on MS Paint).

If it isn't clear, I can show you a step-by-step thing. It's on GIMP, however, so you might need to still figure out your own way to do it.
Thanks for the help, I think I can figure it out on my own, no need to waste your time on me.

Last edited:

light_trainer921

Vatonage Ranger
Well i us Serif PhotoPlus 6.0. Its realy made for photos not sprites But its still has a light fixing thing that works nicly. pluse you can download it free if you look around on google. :)

I'll try that tomorrow. It's already late.

PS: I just replied because I'm temporarily use dial-up and the server is slow.

Poke-Lover

The Spriter Guy.....

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Heh, my approach was going to be a lot different than this and concern what NOT to do. Now we'll see if anybody actually reads this.

CuddleyeeveeM

Eevee Master
Um I have a question where can I find sprites of Sinnoh legendaries?

Cursed

Heroic Sociopath
If you're looking for sprites from diamond and pearl, your best bet is pokemon elite 2000(pe2k.com). As for mystery dungeon sprites, you may have to wait; depends on whether spriters' resource has the ones you're looking for.

YankeeFan2

Number 1
Questions:

1. I am using 4th generation sprites in a 3rd generation comic, due to the fact that my story takes place in the 3rd generation, is it possible to do so?

2. And for MS Paint, should I keep the size normal or stretch it by Sketch and Skew (CTRL/W)?

Reiki

Ikier
1) I did it. The style doesn't clash in any obscene way, but some people will try and assimilate you to using 3rd for some reason. I personally like the mix, since it gives a more dynamic look/feel to overworld trainers. If you want to do it, go ahead. 3rd genertion just feels dated, and cliché now. But if you do find a serious contrast, then there's always revamping.

2) Not sure. I tend to transform sprites in Photoshop, so it kinda eludes me. Stretch and skew's probably your best bet.
---

Now I need some advice.

I plan on makiing the leap, converting my sprite comic to hand-drawn. Since this is something I'm doing for the first time, I'm a bit lost on how to approach. I've been putting CBC on hold to practice my drawing (using guides, freehand might not be wise on this}, and I plan on getting a Wacom tablet in the near future. I'll probably practice shading, too.

So, any words of the wise for me? I'm all ears.

Last edited:

YankeeFan2

Number 1
When I made my comic just recently, (look below and you can go to the Fan-Comics thingy, because to tell you the truth, I need a lot of work) people told me the plot sucked. And I got really sick of what they said, because to tell you the truth, it took me a year to plan out the whole thing...

I need to know what shading is, apparently I haven't read one of my reviewers replies correctly. Anybody know?

ArteMagica

Love. Honor. Truth
Now I need some advice.

I plan on makiing the leap, converting my sprite comic to hand-drawn. Since this is something I'm doing for the first time, I'm a bit lost on how to approach. I've been putting CBC on hold to practice my drawing (using guides, freehand might not be wise on this}, and I plan on getting a Wacom tablet in the near future. I'll probably practice shading, too.

So, any words of the wise for me? I'm all ears.
I’ll try giving you the best advice I can other people’s opinions might differ from mine but this is the way I work.

It’s nice to you want to give drawing a comic a try.I must warn you that it’s nothing like spriting a comic or drawing a regular picture.It takes a lot of patience and time.You have to be devoted to your work and don’t get lazy.You also have to learn to keep your art consistent.It takes a while to draw a character a certain way and keep them that way, but the more you draw them the better they’ll be.

Every panel in one page is a new illustration.Don’t copy and paste the same panel unless it’s really necessary.If you feel like you’re getting tired, then rest for a while and work on the comic later.We don’t want a system overload.Find a style of drawing that works best for you.You don’t have to do this right away, but after a while artists develop their own style and it becomes natural to them.Try to experiment with your comic, don’t be afraid to add or remove things.

Back when I use to work on sprite comics, I noticed how different it was compared to when I made Meadow Crooke.Sprite comics are easier depending on what you do with them.Drawing a comic is a real challenge and requires more attention than sprite comics.

I have no experience with tablet pens.I just draw everything on the computer with a mouse.As for shading, it took a while for me to actually get it.You always have to find a light source in your picture.It helps to sketch very light lines that indicate where the sun is.You can highlight where the light touches the object and shade where it doesn’t touch the object.

I hope this helps in anyway.Also do you plan to color the comic or leave it black and white like in most mangas?

UltimaRaven02

I have a question I know how to Motion blur but how do you make it so there are other poses behind a sprite that aren't Motion blurred but faded