• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Comic Tutorials - PLEASE READ

torchic_lover

froslass123

Ain't I cute?
Where do you go to get the backrounds and sprites?

ANameToRemember

Dont forget the name
IMPORTENT QUESTION: How Do You Make Your Own Character for example give a character a hoody or so? I think there should be a tutorial for that.

pokemontorndimension

im rick james b^&@%$
does anyone has platinum male trianer sprites or any people sprites of platinum it would be a big help

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
IMPORTENT QUESTION: How Do You Make Your Own Character for example give a character a hoody or so? I think there should be a tutorial for that.

I'm making one, just a moment...
Oh yeah, it contains recolouring, and you must have knowlegde of MS Paint...

EDIT: here ya go, might wanna put your reading glasses on 'cause the type's kinda hard to read.

COMIC TUTORIAL

@Imperial Plasma, I'd like to see your comic when it comes out.

Last edited:

ANameToRemember

Dont forget the name
Last edited:

cptmyname

I have just a quick question; how many frames can i put into one comic strip?
knowing me ill probably end up putting like 47 if i don't know

Neko

I have just a quick question; how many frames can i put into one comic strip?
knowing me ill probably end up putting like 47 if i don't know

It depends (and varies). It really all comes down to what you want to do with your page. And personally, wouldn't use the same lay-out for each and every page, because that's boring and you'll quickly lose your readers' attention.

There are no fixed rules for panelling (shape, size, location, amount), as long as you respect the rules of eye-guiding (not an official term). Always remember that your panels must guide your reader's eyes through the page in a natural way. Up - down, left - right (or right - left if you're doing a manga).

Other than that, panelling is just something you must learn to get a feeling for. Personally, I try to let my pages have 3-5 panels each. Sometimes I bump it up to 6-8, but only if I have a good reason (like showing multiple actions/angles/whatever, which take place in a short timespan). And sometimes I only do 2 large panels. Those are just for dramatic shots, action pages, and establishing shots (large panned out shot of a character's surroundings to show where they are, before zooming in and going on with the story), etc.

Like I said, how many frames you put into a comic depends entirely on what you want to do.

Gags often have many panels if they are long and contain lots of dialogue. But they can also just have a few panels.

Action pages tend to have three panels at most, unless you're going for a fast-sequence. In that case you use several smaller shots.

Calm scenes tend to have lots of horizontal or vertical panels in them. 4-5 panels max. Pages with establishing shots only have 2-3 panels each. If you want to go even further, you can do a splash page (that's an establishing shot spread out over two entire pages (1/2 panels, each? Lol.)).

Oh and you can use panel orientation to create certain feelings and sensations too. Vertical panels suggest height, and are perfect to show off tall buildings, trees, people, etc. A horizontal panel emphasizes the horizon, and works well when you want to show a landscape without tall structures, or a very zoomed out shot. It's also a great shape to emphasize horizontal speed. Draw a running character in a horizontal panel, and another in a vertical one. The one in the horizontal panel will seem much faster. ;)

Does that help, or did I ramble too much and too long? ^^

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
Can somebody please tell me where to get some good sprites? I can't find them anywhere! And with this I mean the sprites from the overworld, not the full sprites but they're welcome too.

Gold Altaria

Does anyone know any sites that provide the HG/SS map/locations?

Zozo1999

has left Serebii
I need a tutorial to acually make good speech bubles on MS Paint

Zozo1999

has left Serebii
I need a tutorial to acually make good speech bubles on MS Paint

piter55

Hey,
Here I have shared very good information for all, those needs a very good place for those needs a business ghost writing services here boo ink is the best place for business ghost writing services.

thanks
----------------------------
Business Ghostwriters

Last edited: