• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Coming Back for the Cold (826)

Samurott

Overall, I thought this was a very fun episode. I think what this episode taught us is that even though everything pointed towards a capture for someone, it doesn't mean someone will catch it. We've had episodes of the complete opposite like the Palpitoad/Stunfisk captures, which were completely out of the blue and unexpected. One thing I liked was Meowth joining in on the battle. Although, does his canceling out Fennekin's attack mean her Hidden Power is Ghost type? Also, I liked that this episode had some music tracks from Best Wishes like "Gym Leader's Last Pokemon".

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
The moment I saw that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, it became quite obvious that no one was going to catch it. No way... Maybe it's just me, but I got a little annoyed when I kept hearing Serena shout cute so many times. I wonder what Clemont was getting excited about to get that reaction from Serena.

I was so shocked that Serena was fighting too! And it wasn't just Fennekin acting on its own either. This makes me happy and that was Hidden Power I believe. Ok, so it wasn't Psychock, but I'm happy to see Fennkin with a second move nevertheless. I'm hoping Serena will get more time to battler later on. Sure, it's Team Rocket again, but it's a start.

I honestly didn't know that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, a pity really.

Fullgrizzly94

Jhoto Trainer
It was a fun episode! I loved how I got to see Clemont and Serena take charge and battle, although I wish Fennekin's attack wasn't deflected. If it happens again by meowth, and if it manages to scratch Fennekin, I can imagine it going berserk and blasting him off to the sky.

amaura is so cute, and I love the bond between it and its parent. The only technical thing that annoys me about it not doing well in warmer climates is the fact that it is an Ice and ROCK type, which is supposed to help it resist fire type moves. I guess battling is different, but I still think that this would make more sense if it were just to be a pure ice type pokemon.

I agree about the gym. It's too bad it won't be a 3 vs 3 so that we could see Fletching also participate.

All fossil pokemon iirc are part rock type. I think it has to do with the fact that they came from rocks.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I liked how Aumura played and bonded with everyone in the XY gang but no one in particular if that makes any sense

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I honestly didn't know that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, a pity really.

I assumed they could only live in the cold because they looked slightly weaker when going into warmer weather. Trying to imagine them at the beach is odd and feels out of place for me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked that Ash was doing some training at the start and Amaura bonding with everyone was cool. I liked the setting as well, but this was still an average filler imo. And I'm not at all surprised that neither Amaura or Aurorus were caught.

Navin

MALDREAD
The moment I saw that Amaura and Aurorous could only survive in the cold, it became quite obvious that no one was going to catch it. No way... Maybe it's just me, but I got a little annoyed when I kept hearing Serena shout cute so many times.

Yeah I felt the same way. Wonder what Ash and Clemont said to her.

------------------

But seriously, this episode dropped the moment TR entered the scene. I don't mind if TR antics caused something like Amaura to get lost in and causes Aurorus to start rampaging through a Kalos city in trying to find its kid but the whole TR stole a Pokemon and chasing after them and obviously getting X Pokemon back has been reused too many times that I just skimmed through the rest (its already happened in XY).

Promising filler that soon became predictable and ended up as overall mediocre.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't remember them using hidden Power that much in BW. I think they overused in DP though. I counted it and Dp used it 15 time and Bw use it 12 times.

I was referring to pokemon on the cast having the move. If I remember correctly, Emonga, Woobat, and Amoongus all had the move(could of been more).

diakyu

Boy do I have quite a few words for this simple filler. But first, my only complaint. It's no secret I love Alexa and get ecstatic when she shows, but why was she here? She really didn't do much except get the gang going towards the fossil lab. It doesn't even look like she's joining the group for a while judging from the preview for the next episode so her appearance here confuses me. I guess it would make sense for her to appear every now and again in important locations due to her job. I'm all for her appearing in future fillers, but just make her do more next time. She had the perfect opportunity to battle one of TR's pokemon here.

The stuff with Amaura and Aurorus was great. The bonding near the end was super cute and Amaura was extremely cute. Shame about it's inability to live outside of cold environments since it hinders its chances for future appearances. The bond between the two pokemon came off as very believable to me and it was great to see Aurorus attack Meowth to save Amaura.

Now moving on to the main gang, all where great here. Ash was handled well and let others handle TR so it wasn't just him. Bonnie was her normal self so really no complaint. Clemont was boss as always and I love how he freaks out at anything science related. But the real show-stealer was Serena imo (and she didn't even do anything important lol). I like how she's being used as a foil to how much Clemont loves science. Not exactly sure what her beef with the fossils was though. When TR attacked I saw a shot with Ash and CLemont standing up front with the girls in the back and feared she would be snuffed again. But nope, she whipped out Fennekin and had a small scrap with Meowth of all pokemon! Ever since EP 21 I've definitely seen a shift in the way she's handled. It's all subtle but she definitely does more. And judging by the preview for next week, that won't be changing.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
This was a very good episode, I liked how playful and friendly Amaura was towards the group. It was also nice to see Alexa again, especially given Viola made a reappearance three episodes ago. Amaura and Aurorus were great in this episode, and this episode has me finally realizing why Amaura and Aurorus are extinct. Amaura was really cute and it playing with Ash and co. was a really touching scene. I'm also loving how they're continuing to finally give Serena some more attention since XY021, it's about time they step away a bit from Clemont. That room must've been colder than the Arctic or Antarctica, given everyone was shivering in there.

All in all, a pretty good filler episode, if I had anything to say it would be keep up the good work with this show, writers.

Fullgrizzly94

Jhoto Trainer
I like that they put a non-battle twist on the refrigerate ability (that's what I am assuming the frosty blue smoke comming out of the crystals is).

I found it ironic that Ash and Co. rescued Amaura from being hauled away in a truck only for it to return back in another truck.

RVD_fan

An OK filler, I thought they played on Amaura and Aurorus's characteristics well and made them seem like cool creatures.

Plot was about as predictable as they come and the fact that it was just Team Rocket taking a Pokemon undermined the whole thing a bit. Still loved Meowth actually being a competent battler, I hope that trend continues.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
so fennekin is confirmed to have an attack called hidden power, i wonder why they are hiding it from xy 21

oh yes clemont got hyped up after seeing the fossils, well since its a bit about research so i doubt that he will definitely get interested, after all he is the science geek :D

anyway the episode for me was a so-so, its just average for me and i'm speechless about it - can't say anything about it.

did alexa said something about viola going to cyllage gym? i only heard alexa mentioning viola though i'm not sure if she really meant it - anyone?

Last edited:

Squirtle_007

This episode confirms my position about how unnecessary Baron Ash and Team Rocket are for the series:
- Clemont's nerdgasm was excellent
- Serena not being impressed with the fossils and calling them "just rocks", exquisite
- Serena being the first one complaning about the cold, very nice
- Amaura has a playful and friendly personality, very cute, a shame it's the second Pokémon in a row with a dynamic personality that wasn't caught, I hope Hawlucha will have a cool personality to make up Clauncher & Amaura
- Clemont and Chespin taking a step ahead and battling the floating punching bag Inkay, awesome
- Am I the only one that found extremely lame the Amaura-can't-survive-for-long-in-mild-weather excuse?
- Serena wants to battle FINALLY and she was took off guard ... by Meowth ... hang in there, Serena, don't give up
- Hidden Power ... *sigh*

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
This episode confirms my position about how unnecessary Baron Ash and Team Rocket are for the series:
- Serena not being impressed with the fossils and calling them "just rocks", exquisite

looks like she doesn't have much interest in science compared to the others, the opposite of clemont when it comes to that

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Am I the only one that found extremely lame the Amaura-can't-survive-for-long-in-mild-weather excuse?

Nope. You aren't the only one.

If Aurorus can, why can't Amura? I don't get the logic behind that, at all. Whatever it was, I do agree that excuse was a rather poor one.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Watching this properly now. It is quite a remarkably average episode. It wasn't as fun as last episode, which I have described as filler among fillers, though that was kind of enjoyable.

I guess, one could say this had pacing issues. it dragged during the chase to get to Amaura, though I guess it was used to showcase its bond with its mum using the aurora. And I guess I feel this cost it the atmosphere that Amaura was in grave danger which required for everyone to go on turbo during the climax. Good points of this episode however is Ash's training, Clemont getting the spotlight for various scientific explanations, as well as Serena still being girly or having things that she doesn't agree with her friends, like fossils.

The kids playing with Amaura, though specifically the one where they request nuzzling with it, was extremely cute. Though I don't need to see it a second time during the denouement at the end, they could've easily cut down and made use of the time left to feature the battle. Serena could've use a win with Fennekin, and Meowth actually being a threat against it would've been interesting. Chespin's battle could've been expanded instead of hitting Inkling only once. Ash didn't even move until near the end when Aurorus solve pretty much everyone's dilemma, though since they were in a hurry it was understandable, but come on.

Quite late, but no, the reports of such a reference were just trolling.

Yeah, just found out. Good though, coz' I don't want no mention of that in XY as long as it is humanly possible.