• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Coming Full Festival Circle! (644)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked this episode but they should have made Jessie more competant in that match. Seriously, that battle should have been longer... ITS THE SEMIFINALS!

Couldn't they have put in Johanna stupid monolouge at the end of the Grand Festival?

I knew Jessie was going to lose but dang.. give her a break. At least she said something nice to Dawn at the end.

FlyAsADunsparce

The writers just messed up Jessie's GF big time. Like they did with Ursula and Kenny. But as Jessie is not revealing herself, that might mean that Jessalina is coming back next season!

HoennMaster

Zoey and Nando's battle was amazing. I don't get why they even bothered putting Jessie in the Top 4 is her and Dawn's battle was going to be barely glossed over like that. What a waste.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jessie did beat about 4 or so people to make it this far. All her battles were skipped, but we know she beat 4 people legitimately before she lost to Dawn.

And so the tradition of the rushed Grand Festival's continue. I remember people saying Dawn's GF wouldn't be rushed like May's was, and here its arguably even moreso.

It was really better when they only focused on like 2-3 rivals like in May's GF, rather than 5 and have most of them lose quickly or with little screentime.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The fact that they're dedicating an entire episode simply to the final battle indicates to me that even though some elements are still rushed (not only the Jessie battle, but I have a feeling that Kenny was written off merely because they didn't have time for him to battle), they at least have their priorities this time. Just look at May vs. Soledad, which we only saw the tail end of. I'm not defending the writers, as I would have preferred that Dawn vs. Jessie had been the main focus of this episode, especially given how we only saw Nando earn ONE of his ribbons, as opposed to Jessie. But on the other hand, we've seen Jessie battle so many times that it's almost boring at this point.

Kdude146

dose any one know what Jessie said to Dawn at the end of this EP?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
dose any one know what Jessie said to Dawn at the end of this EP?

She said that Dawn better defeat Zoey and win the whole thing, because the only loss she'll accept is to the Top Coordinator.

I watched the Nando VS. Zoey battle something like three times. It was that mind-blowing. Nando had a due coming to him for all the years of abuse he's taken, and they paid it up and then some - easily the best contest battle ever, and up there in terms of battles period.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
The battle between Nanfo and Zoey was truly a work of art right from start to finish. The 2 of them really showed what it means to be in a contest battle, both showing their pokemon's elegance and battle skills. It had been one hit back and forth with their pokemon matching one another blow for blow even down to the final seconds of the battle. It's great that one of the rare times that we got to see Nando battle in a Contest battle, we were really shown his skills as a Coordinator. It was truly beautiful to watch from start to finish. Given the skills he's shown here, I hope Ash took notes since he'll have to battle and faint some of these pokemon of Nando's at the league.

Shame though that for all that Jessie had been through being treated as a serious rival this time around that her final battle was really just glazed over with a series of still frames rather than it getting its own episode or even half episode to it. But even so, Jessie should be proud of herself, she did well in her first Grand Festival making it into the top 4, thus making herself one of the 4 best Coordinators of Sinnoh for that year. Not only that, but in her 1 Grand Festival, she's done better than the main character has done in 3 leagues. Now that's an accomplishment.

So now its onto the Final battle of the Grand Festival being Zoey against Dawn. Things have finally come full circle with the 2 of them meeting in the finals since their first time going against one another since Dawn's first contest.

Yes, the battle between Dawn and Jessie was totally rushed. Certainly not expected at all. The whole thing is rushed now. The writers are trying to end the Sinnoh saga as fast as possible, I mean, there will only be one episode between the end of the Grand Festival and Ash's battle with Volkner. The Sinnoh League will probably start within ten if not five episodes after Ash gets the last badge.

But you have to admit, the battle between Nando and Zoey made it all worth it. That battle was by far the best I've ever watched. Now imagine what happens next episode between Dawn and Zoey. It will be so epic, I think that this could be a way for the writers mark the beginning of the end of contests in the anime. I can't imagine the writers and the animators can improve much more on what they are doing for this Grand Festival. If they can and keep contests in the anime, I certainly can't wait for the next one in a few years.

thunderblade12

Cyber's right. Another rushed Grand Festival.

I guess were in for our fourth rushed League as well. Can't wait to see Torterra, Electivire, and Magmortar get one-shotted...

HoennMaster

I wouldn't really say it was rushed, it was just the lack of the second appeal round messed things up.

So one of the best points of this episode was Fantina. OH MY GOD!

Also, can anyone tell me what Johanna was saying while watching the Grand Festival. Her facial expressions made her seem more worried then proud so I was just wondering.

FlyAsADunsparce

It's kinda weird that Mime Jr. battled (man I wish I could see that battle, too bad that they only showed the end) and even won, but still didn't evolve. Shouldn't it be a Mr. Mime by now?

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
My opinion: Nando Vs Zoe was the best contest battle we've ever had. Period. It was a great mix of actively trying to emphasise your Pokemon and their moves (not showboat, as someone said above) and battle at the same time. I mean contest battles aren't meant to be about KOs, it's just a side rule that if you get knocked out you automatically lose. Nando and Zoe really showed us a great battle. Writers, you are forgiven for last weeks transgressions :p

Oh yeah, Dawn Vs Jessie. I did say in the other thread that the choice of Pokemon and the fact that it's Jessie would make it a boring battle. It wouldn't have made much of a difference if it had been a bit longer though IMO. As others have said, the real show this episode was Nando Vs Zoe. I couldn't care less about that battle, it would have been obvious Dawn was going to win even without the preview.

The battle between Zoey and Nando was probably one of the best battles in Sinnoh.
The music and style was great. And I love that music. Isn't it from the Lucario movie? Either way, one of the greatest battles in Sinnoh.

The episode was great, and I would give it a 10/10, but it dropped to 7, when I saw Dawn and Jessie battle. Dude, it sucked. I don't know what's wrong, but during this entire Festival, everything they do with Dawn's appeals or battles, it plainly sucks in my opinion. Zoey, Ursula, Nando and Jessie's appeal were so much better then Dawn's, and the battle between Zoey and Nando was super super great compared to Dawn and Ursula's battle, and then we see Jessie and Dawn battle.

They should give a little effort, when they do Dawn's battles. Yeah yeah, loved the Nando VS Zoey battle though. One of the better things in Sinnoh.

I definitely see where you're coming from about the battles, but I don't know how you can say Dawn's appeal sucked. I thought it was great, especially considering it was another ice appeal :)

Anyway, here's high hopes for Dawn Vs Zoe eh? :D

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Nando vs Zoey is probably now my most favorite contest battle. That is one fierce Kricketune he has there! No really, the battle itself was elegant and graceful. This battle felt more like a final battle.

I feel bad for Jessie, as others have said. All we see of her GF is an appeal and a really one-sided battle. I'm so glad she got there because of how much she improved, but really they could have put any of Dawn's rivals in her place instead (Kenny?).

Blaziryu

I thought Zoey & Nando's contest battle was cool. Dawn & Jessie wasn't that great. Though I'm glad Dawn make quick work with Jessie like she did. We all know Jessie wanted to do more than just squeeze Dawn's cheeks after her lost. Oh well, on to the finals. I have a feeling Dawn won't be winning the Grand Festival.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-The episode starts with one recap, sunny-side up.
-Jessie won against generic filler coordinator #24601. Horray! And yes, I still think her GF dress is ugly.
-Fantina continues to be the best part of the Grand Festival. Veri veri lovery!
-Fantina and Jessie:Ultimate contest dream team.
-Guys, you can stop looking for S. Suikun's old Roserade avatar now. Nando caught it.
-Dawn looks so happy in that still shot. "I'm a pretty contest princess! Yaaaay!"
-Oh look, all four coordinators who we actually know(and who weren't losing losers who lost in the appeals round) made it to the finals. What a surprise.
-I still can't believe Johanna couldn't be bothered to go see Dawn's GF performance in person.
-Dawn's still wearing tracksuits as pajamas, I see.
-Brock looks barren without a vest on.
-Aww, Nando's playing music for all the wild Pokemon and dear god look at that Shroomish, whose smile shall haunt your dreams until the end of days.
-Zoey's wearing a tracksuit as pajamas too. Did I miss some sort of tracksuit pajama trend that all the kids these days are into?
-Lopunny? Really now, Nando?
-Apparenly Kricketune's song is the song that will end the world. Leafeon's quivering, withering form is only the beginning.
-Lopunny is dancing in the red energy of the music...I'm not even going to try to understand this one. More imporantly, how is that supposed to be an attack in any sense of the word? It's just spinning around, not hurting anything. It's not even cancelling out any of Zoey's attacks.
-Zoey's Mismagius and Leafon use double team! How can Nando possibly have his Pokemon attack in a circlular pattern in order to destroy all the clones?
-Nando decides to use Icy Wind(?) to destroy all the clones. I seriously have to wonder why anyone uses double team in the anime universe. It's the easiest move to defeat, and nobody ever seems to think of attacking while the clones are still confusing the enemy.
-Zoey actually used the double team to somehow create a glowy sparkly effect behind Leafeon and Mismagius! Astounding!
-What the hell did Mismagius just do?
-It's slapping down the music notes from the song using hell energy tentacles? Uh, okay. Also, MUSIC DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!
-Boy oh boy, few things are more exciting than a battle shown in still shots and 1-second clips of attacks being used!
-An ice attack? Zoey's done! The judges can never resist ice moves!
-...Leafeon just got wings from Mismagius' Psywave. I. am. not. going. to. ask. I'm also not going to look forward to 70 people having "omg soooooo cool!" art of winged Leafeon in their sigs for the next week or two.
-Fantina redeems the entire situation. "OH MY GOD!"
-Zoey wins by a hair. Well, you weren't expecting Dawn not to face the one person who's actually appeared often enough to be a real rival, were you?
-Even the cheesy "you put up a good fight" post-battle banter was redeemed by Fantina. NICE FIGHT!
-Dawn and Zoey are telepathic now! Or it's just a cheesy "their eyes said everything" scene. Take your pick.
-Jessie is so happy to have gotten this far. I'm sad just imagining her crushing disappointment when she loses.
-They hid Jessie's ROKETTO START by having Johanna watch it on TV! Boo!
-Hey, they're hiding the entire battle by having Johanna watch it on TV! That's foul play!
-Oh wait, now we're graced with some still shots.
-That was quick. I suppose we should be thankful that the writers let Jessie get this far in the first place, but this "battle" was just pathetic.
-Jessie's devistated...and now she's angry. No Jessie! Don't murder everyone in the contest hall! YOU HAVE SO MUCH LEFT TO LIVE FOR! THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ANOTHER GRAND FESTIVAL!
-...did Jessie just compliment Dawn in the midst of her TERRIFYING RAGE? I mean, I assume Dawn's thanking Jessie for some reason.
-At least they dumped the boring "THIS IS THE FINAL ROUND AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE FIGHTING IN IT" speech in this episode to maximize the awesome battle time for the next ep.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
i thought it was a terrific battle but Dawn has never beaten Nando it should have been Dawn and Nando in the semi final

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm still not liking what they did to Jessie's battle, but it was a decent episode. Like others said, it was ace and Zoey vs Nando is probably the best contest battle up till date, but Dawn vs Jessie ruined the episode from being a perfect 10.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm a little late but I gotta say I just loved the Zoey V.S Nando battle.
I'm not into contests this saga but gotta admit that one was impressive.
Every thing they did about it, the animation every thing was just brilliant.
I'm more so as every one else disapointed by Dawn V.S Jessie.
I was rooting for Jessie, I mean I knew she wasn't going to win but I was hopping she'd get pretty far and get an actual battle in the Grand Festival but oh wells.
Over all, pretty fun episode. Can't wait to see what happens in the finales, I predict Dawn to win.