• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Coming Full Festival Circle! (644)

AstralEon

The one and only.
Moving on to the semi-finals; we got Nando and Zoey.

Hooray to see Leafeon once again. Last time we didn't get much action from it and it looks like this episode will fill in the gap. We also got a new Pokemon on Zoeys team as well; her Misdreavus has evolved into Misdreavus.

Nando makes a good impression at the start of the battle. Way to use that Energy Ball/Thunderwave for a later use to show off his skills and that dancer/musician reference is an excellent example of music artistry. Even though I don't like his music much he did get my attention.

Zoey counter acts using a double Double Team to get back into the stage, which tricked Nando into losing himself some points. She progresses it even further by countering Nandos Kricketunes Sing with Lucky Chant. This part got me a bit confused. I didn't know Lucky Chant can deflect moves like Sing.

At this point, the battle becomes tense as both Nando and Zoey are neck to neck. Each of their Attacks correspond each other making it what looks like a never ending battle. Heck, even I wished this battle would never end.

As time runs out, Nando comes in with a Silver Wind/Blizzard attack combo, creating a field of icy snowflakes. I'm starting to wonder that Silver Wind is some sort of a special wild card that can enhancing any kind of elemental type that it comes in contact with.

Zoey brings out the best by performing an Arial Ace/Psywave combo which gave Leafeon brilliant wings of energy. I was awe strucked and mesmerized. Very nice.

As the moves collided by Leafeon and Kricketune, it created a dramatic scene which gave it that showstopper feeling atmosphere, as if an epic story plot has ended.

Time running out, Zoey came on top with a few points ahead of Nando, making her the winner and moving on to the Finals.

The battle between Dawn and Jessie wasn't much of a battle at all. There wasn't much action screen time either so there's really not much to say about it. Although that last part when Jessie was raging over her loss, I thought we were about to see an all out cat fight. How interesting this would have been to see, really. Too bad.

Setting Dawn and Jessie scene aside, this was certainly a 'magnific' battle performance. Excellent work. But the battle with Dawn and Jessie could have gone a lot better if they added more time to it.

8.5/10.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
The battle was so awesome.... Either Nando or Zoey could have won but in the end it was Zoey

poizonsting

Pokemon master
The battle between Nando and Zoey was great. Nando's battling, technique, and improvisations were more impressive, and should have won imo.

Jessie reaching the semifinals and finishing off as Top 4 must be one of the biggest upset in contest history. I'm not denying that she's a good coordinator, but I don't think her skills as a coordinator is that top notch that the writers had to give her the Top 4 position - even after getting a pity ribbon. Or maybe that tells us another story: D/P contest arc just hadn't created enough formidable and competitive rivals, so obviously if not for Jessie there would have been shortcomings of familiar faces in the the semifinals.

Ok, going to go watch the finals now...

Well, it looks like it's all come to this: Zoey vs. Dawn!

Will Zoey take the title of top coordinator and further extend the trend of not having the main characters win any major events?
Or, will Dawn take the title and actually break said trend for once?

Tune in next week!
Same Pokemon time, same Pokemon channel!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. Nando vs Zoey was a really cool and intense Semi-Final battle. It was strange as to how short Dawn's Semi-Final round was vs Jessie. It was great that it ends up that Zoey kept her promise, and will be facing Dawn in the Finals. I'm glad Dawn very easily defeated Jessie in the Semi-Finals. It was cool to see Leafeon again, in the Semi-Finals. It was very unique how Zoey had her Pokemon stop Sing with Lucky Chant. The Aerial Ace-Psywave combo giving Leafeon wings was the best move I've ever seen.

95/100

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
The Nando versus Zoey battle was awesome! I was kinda hoping that Nando would win though...

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Awesome episode! Totally action-packed and really fun to watch, couldn't take my eyes off it. Zoey and Nando's battle was totally awesome, even though I knew the outcome I honestly thought Nando could've won. Dawn versus Jessie seemed to be pretty short but it was still fun. Can't wait to see Dawn vs. Zoey in the finals!

Vernikova

Champion
I for one didn't find the Nando/Zoey battle to be that exciting. I guess I zoned out when Zoey cam on the screen though. I tend to so that with boring characters. It's a shame that Dawn's battle against Jessie was cut though. That's the one that needed to take up most of the episode. Not a battle with two characters who I don't care for.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, it wasn't surprising that Jessie didn't get to the finals, but at least she got to the top four. :) It is surprising that Jessie managed to get through the whole region without being recognized (her unofficial contest with aipom doesn't count). I like her controlled fury when she tells Dawn to beat Zoey, that was cool and unexpected.

7/10

firestar319

The Marauder
As many others have said, Zoey vs Nando was truly a spectacle. I really thought that Nando should have won, but overall it was an awesome contest battle from both of them. I kinda wished that Dawn vs Jessie had its own separate episode though, because their battle felted too rushed, and especially since Jessie made it to the Top 4 (upset of the century), I felt that this was a battle that deserved to be drawn out. Overall a good episode though

p96822

Evolve me please
I'll give this episode a 6.5/10. Really why they're rushing the round that we don't get to see. I want to see more of Nando and Zoey putting their skills put to the test. Really skipping round are one of the most annoying things that this GF is doing right now. I love the battle with Nando and Zoey, but if they showed them facing more trainer then I would say it was really awesome. Dawn and Jessie batte could have been a sepreat episode to show how far Jessie had come as a Pokemon C. I still feel nothing for Zoey and Dawn.

JudySpell

Banned
Zory versus Nando was spectacular but man why was Dawn versus Jessie so rushed?? At least Jessie was a good sport when she lost. 8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Nando could soothe wild pokemon with his harp and his contest battle with Zoey was just spectacular, especially the snowflakes ha ha. And wow, Jessie handled her loss maturely for once.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Great episode, mostly because Nozomi versus Naoshi was animated so well, although Naoshi should've won the battle hands down. It's just that his character arc in Shinou was underrated, and I thought that him winning this would've been such an amazing twist.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The fight between Nando and Zoey is nothing short of a fight for the ages: most of the combinations that they pulled out are true spectacles. But ugh, the battle between Jessie and Dawn was an unworthy match, plain and simple.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Decent episode. Though Dawn was showcasing Buneary and Cyndaquil again. No reason for their battle to be long since they already had their Grand Festival screen time. For a change, I'm pleased they took focus off the main characters and put it on a rival's battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decent episode. Though Dawn was showcasing Buneary and Cyndaquil again. No reason for their battle to be long since they already had their Grand Festival screen time.

Since Hikari versus Musashi was so short, I didn't mind that she used Mimirol and Hinoarashi during that skirmish. In fact, Hinoarashi was underused in Contests given that he was new to Hikari's team, so I'm glad he received screen-time here.

Vulpicks

OH MY GOSH THAT BATTLE WAS FLIPPING AMAZING

Probably one of the best DP battles, truly worthy of the final stages of the Grand Festival! It helps that it showed off some of my favorite Pokemon too!

I didn't expect the Jessie vs. Dawn battle to just be a montage lmao. Ah well, if it was between focusing on Nando and Zoey's match and Jessilina and Dawn's, I definitely would pick the former.

And lol, Jessie is a more civil loser than Ursula.