• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Commander Pikachu! Head Forth, Falinks!! (1162)

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
If anyone needs further proof of what do Pokémon that Goh catches in episodes that are centered in them, I will show you some numbers.

Cinderace: Since evolution nothing more than the main fighter, zero development though
Golurk: An extra large decoration, you ever played Fallout 3? It's like the atom bomb in Megaton City, waiting to explode. Fought Aerodactyl and that's all.
Cubone:Background character
Heracross: Being in love with that disgusting Pinsir and that's all.
Raichu: The Pikaclone of the group since Morpeko is James Pokémon now. (HA HA)
Flygon: Just an excuse to fight Zadpos, since Raboot weakening him by himself would have been to stupid
Aerodactyl: He is just like the Old Amber that he comes from, a decoration.
Suicune: MIA, probably will do something in the future, for now just an excuse to enter in Project Mew, sad.
Sobble: Literally a Shoulder decoration, now hibernating because writers don't know how to write development.
Grookey:The other shoulder decoration, the imbecile of the group.
Arctzolt: Since he does not fight, he gets to do nothing.
Absol: Who?
Falinks: Let me guess.... He is going to do nothing.

The Pokémon who are doing more are Greedent, Scizor, Dewgong, Darmanitan... Pokémon who were caught in random episodes. Does that make any sense to any of you?

I called it, that goal is difficult to do, catching all Pokémon means dividing all the screen time with 200? 300? Characters, what is left? Nothing.

Goh Pokémon are just background characters and the real sad thing is that Ash Pokémon except his Vestigial twin Pikachu do nothing, Lucario nothing, Gengar just being an idiot, Dragonite, outside Battling nothing, Dracovish same. Sirfetch'd his development ended when he did the mistake of evolving.

So you see, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Pokémon Anime. Or you think those returns lately have been for nostalgia’s sake only?

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
This episode gets the "Nobody expects the Eiscue Inquisition. Not even Eiscue"/10 for me. Seeing the random mishaps Eiscue got into was the most humorous part of the episode. Probably the only part of the episode I enjoyed to any significant degree really. Falinks has always been a very meh Pokemon to me and this episode really didn't do much to change the perspective.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
Pikachu using Thunderbolt on Failink as honestly, the best thing that could happen to it, they weren't working together initially, so a little bit of outside perspective was needed, shame the premise didn't even take up the full 20 mins so the writers padded the episode with "The Adventures of Eiscue", and even that could've been its own episode and yet it shared the spotlight with a pokemon that had an interesting battle style but won't get much chances to show it off. In any case, the episode didn't even need Ash considering Failinks ended up with Go.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Look on the bright side, now that Falinks has trained Go's pokemon on how to follow orders, maybe they'll be better in battles
Yeah, but they didn't train him to bother to battle more.
The Pokémon who are doing more are Greedent, Scizor, Dewgong, Darmanitan... Pokémon who were caught in random episodes. Does that make any sense to any of you?

I called it, that goal is difficult to do, catching all Pokémon means dividing all the screen time with 200? 300? Characters, what is left? Nothing.
It's not that it's difficult, but the screen time is simply very mishandled and caused by their own rules.

Litleonid

Another typical filler. Of course Goh gets more pointless captures, and unforuntatley, Falinks will now collect dust in Cerise Park. I'm really starting to find Grookey annoying also, and its like...Goh seems to blame Ash, but Grookey is the one who started going around hitting things with that stick again. So yeah, typical Goh focused filler. Goh gets more Pokemon he's never gonna use, Ash does pretty much nothing, and we don't see any of Ash's other Pokemon. I mean, why not have Sirfetch'd try to lead the Falinks? Also wow did Eiscue deserve a much better debut than this. It was mostly just filler content. Overall, another pretty bad episode.

Kungfu-Bear

I liked how Ash compared Falinks to Exeggcute, I did the same thing the first time I saw Falinks.

There was so much build-up for this Escuie that I doubt it won't come back in the future.

Pikachu was so funny in this, but I'm disappointed that the title was misleading implying that the episode would be about him along with Falinks.

D

Deleted member 384931

so why does the poke ball capture all of the falinks rather than just one?

What happens if you try to capture one of them?

How do multiples of a species still only count as one pokemon

why is this never explained
Good question...

Besides this was clearly Grookeys fault, AGAIN (JN069, JN072, JN073) . It attacked the Farlinks for no reason, Farlinks defended itself and Pikachu defended Satoshi and that is why it happend. But that monkey never says sorry, it keep causing trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Risrhayne

Sooooo may we all at least agree that this meh episode was probably a good choice to air after the hiatus? It sure would’ve sucked if the 2-parter was when the show came back and some poor saps missed it.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Sooooo may we all at least agree that this meh episode was probably a good choice to air after the hiatus? It sure would’ve sucked if the 2-parter was when the show came back and some poor saps missed it.
In today's day and age, missing an episode is impossible unless you literally don't have an internet connection, in which case, you probably wouldn't care about it in the first place

Soniman

Break the Limit
So you see, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Pokémon Anime. Or you think those returns lately have been for nostalgia’s sake only?
Angry fans on a English fourm who hate Journeys believing theyre the center of the universe for the Japanese writers and are only trying to appease them when they bring back old characters is so funny oh my God.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
And I feel like Ash should’ve been the one to help the group out seeing how he has more aspects of a leader and his team is a lot more organized than Goh’s. This episode honestly felt like one of those two parters instead of it’s own thing. The whole plot is real hard to take serious haha
This right here. The entire time Goh was helping the Falinks captain, I kept thinking, "Why isn't Ash doing this? Ash should be the one doing this." Ash is really good at helping struggling Pokémon reach their full potential. He is also more of a natural leader than Goh is. He would have had no problem getting his Pokémon to work together to help Falinks. Not like Goh, whose team is a mess aside from Cinderace. And whose Grookey is a little s*** who needs to be sat down and lectured like the naughty child it is.

Honestly, I feel like the only reason Goh took on the role of helping Falinks was to justify their choosing him as their Trainer.

(BTW, Cinderace having to crouch and hold on to Raichu's tail as it marched behind the other smaller Pokémon was probably one of the funniest things in this episode.)

Look on the bright side, now that Falinks has trained Go's pokemon on how to follow orders, maybe they'll be better in battles
A Pokémon requires a good Trainer to battle well. As much as I like Goh, his battle skills are lacking.

Starswirl Pikachu

Multiple pokemon-in-one and a nod to Greek mythology. The Ice cube penguin seemed like the more likely capture given its traveling but this did not happen? I'm also a little confused why they needed to battle the lost Ice cube pokemon into submission unless its species was a natural enemy to Falinks or something? In any case, I will say nice catch!