• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Commander Pikachu! Head Forth, Falinks!! (1162)

D

Deleted member 384931

Like you think the episode would mostly be the falinks commander trying to regain the trust of it's men after they decided to follow pikachu.

But it's:
50% Random eiscue focus on it leaving and getting back home
30% Goh trying to help the commander to get back to it's troop that's only a few steps away, whose troops immediately goes back to it anyways
10% Random galar travelling and talk
5% Grookey being a little shite again
5% Pikachu making an uncomfortable face for having followers and ash not doing anything

Like wow was it bad. The only upside is that goh's raichu is still a cutie.
Wow... Poor Ash lol
Eiscue feels wasted if I am honest

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It really feels like they're setting up Cilan's return, no Pansage and now Goh has a Galarian Stunfisk... please happen soon.

Tons of Galar Pokemon debut, Ash gets nothing as usual -_-
What was even the point of Eiscue?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Another dust collector so another 20 minutes wasted.

NEXT.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Okay I don't get why people have a problem with Goh getting falinks? He worked with it, bonded with it and helped it and then caught it. What the hell is wrong with the capture? Do you guys not want him to bond with any Pokémon? Or are you just gonna hate it coz he's Goh
Prolly because of the fact that it's just gonna be another prop to decorate the garden now, in a sense. Falinks was shaping up to be an interesting Pokemon with a unique battle style, which unfortunately won't be explored properly.

Like, how relevant have Cubone and Aerodactyl been, two of the few Pokemon he actively spent the episode helping out actively before the capture?

EDIT: There's also the fact that Ash's presence in this episode was, once again, pointless and wasted. It's like he was only there to justify the 20 second moment of the "Commander Pikachu" implied in the title, the latter of which is also pointless.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Eiscue was so random and pointless. I really thought it was going to be a reoccurring Pokémon but no, it just got abused and went back home lol?

The whole Falinks thing was ridiculous too. Why couldn’t Goh just grab it and walk the 30 seconds it takes to get up the hill to reunite it with its teammates? And I feel like Ash should’ve been the one to help the group out seeing how he has more aspects of a leader and his team is a lot more organized than Goh’s. This episode honestly felt like one of those two parters instead of it’s own thing. The whole plot is real hard to take serious haha

If there’s one thing I can say about this episode it’s that I really hope Falinks doesn’t become lab fodder. I was really hoping to see No Retreat here so I pray we see it in the future.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Okay I don't get why people have a problem with Goh getting falinks? He worked with it, bonded with it and helped it and then caught it. What the hell is wrong with the capture? Do you guys not want him to bond with any Pokémon? Or are you just gonna hate it coz he's Goh
Cause he is going to do sh*t. Like Aerodactyl and the other Pokémon so in the end, it's a waste of time, space and thought. But this seems to be the trend in this series. The bond between Pokémon and trainer seems to lack with the exception of Chloe and Eevee and the starters once in a blue moon.

D

Deleted member 384931

It was beyond boring. What was the point of Eiscue? And Ash didnt do much as usual ugh 5/10

D

Deleted member 384931

I get the same vibes like JN064 and JN066 and JN072. Nothing happens except Gou catching a pokemon. This was SO boring to get through. Eiscue was pointless and not that funny. And the title Pikachu and Farlinks went nowhere, maybe ONE minute of Pikachu being the leader. The structure was weird.

Risrhayne

For me, it‘s because it’s kinda disingenuous at this point to see Goh bonding with Pokémon that we’ll probably see once or twice after this. I’m honestly surprised he didn’t catch Eiscue although I’m sure we’ll see it again. You would think that the Pokémon he gets whole episodes dedicated to their capture would mean that Pokémon being special, but then it’s right back to the cutesy starters getting all of the focus. It’s not that Goh shouldn’t have caught Falinks, it’s that we had to yet again watch Goh work with a Pokémon for 22 minutes that’s probably only gonna show up in establishing shots afterwards. Like his Aerodactyl. And his Absol. And his Flygon. And his Golurk.

But I think that’s more a problem with his goal, not his character. As a character, he’s fine, but wanting to catch’em all means the vast majority of his platoon gets scraps for development.

Also, RIP Cinderace’s ankles. All that squatting has to hurt.

DeltaGod770

Wow, my expectations were low for this episode but that was just awful. More bland Goh captures, Grookey is still an annoying pest that makes everything worse, and a pointless Eiscue subplot that only amounts in making Goh and Ash look like A-holes for encouraging Falinks to keep attacking it instead of trying to figure out it was lost and help it get back home.

I hope these upcoming Dawn episodes re-spark some energy into the series because this was a terrible way to return from the break. 4/10

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Good episode. I like when Goh's capture are more about him bonding with a pokémon rather than just tossing balls. I just wish they'd be consistent with this. While he attempting knowing the pokémon and letting them join him willingly is a very good thing, they are really inconsistent with it. Sometimes he is on a spree, sometimes he straight up catches stuff no questions asked then he is more interested on knowing/helping then catching. It's a real gripe I have with this show: how it can inconsistent with its own ideas or just pushing stuff "because yes".

upside is that goh's raichu is still a cutie.
Indeed best pokégirl in this show.

Kind of wish she was promoted to tag-along mon if Grookey ever evolves.
Lots of cute encouraging Aceburn.

Felt more rabbit than humanoid soccer player.
Ace was adorable here. I really like they let him play around with everyone's else.

(the upper right picture is creepy as its lack of context can lead to some very, VERY unfortunate jokes)