• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown! (734)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So essentially...nothing happens. Georgia still hates Iris, Bianca was made a complete fool of, and Ash lost yet another battle. The whole tournament was - for want of a better word - redundant. The final battle, which should have been a lot more interesting, was simply a way for the writers to showcase Throh and Sawk: Unova's most popular pair of counterpart Pokemon. There wasn't anything satisfying about that battle, nor any of the others. One would hope that the writers would move on to more original ways of showcasing the rivals and recurring characters, but as always, they follow the same tired formula.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
A minimal amount of Bianca nonsense + better animation than last week + excellent final battle that might be one of this series' best = a strong end to this tournament. Even though it ended in a predictable way, the hype was just right throughout this entire arc and the Throh VS. Sawk battle delivered on that hype nicely.

Stephan is growing on me. He's a likeable guy and his personality is growing more fleshed out than it was, but his running joke is really not to my liking because it is so overplayed.

I hope that the next Don Tournament (Opelucid City, perhaps?) gives Georgia a chance to finally shine. She and Burgundy are the most entertaining characters, but while Burgundy is a gag rival who will likely never amount to anything, Georgia has the skill necessary to be a top-level threat. This tournament just wasn't going to be where she breaks through, due to the horrible type matchups she would have faced throughout.

I will be very disappointed if Masaomi does not return. He is the kind of character sorely missing right now - a confident and highly skilled trainer who wastes no time on gags, instead preferring to simply win battles. I had high hopes that Trip would be like that, but since we see now how that ended up, it would be nice to have Masaomi around as a rival who simply poses a great challenge to overcome.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
A minimal amount of Bianca nonsense + better animation than last week + excellent final battle that might be one of this series' best = a strong end to this tournament. Even though it ended in a predictable way, the hype was just right throughout this entire arc and the Throh VS. Sawk battle delivered on that hype nicely.

Stephan is growing on me. He's a likeable guy and his personality is growing more fleshed out than it was, but his running joke is really not to my liking because it is so overplayed.

I hope that the next Don Tournament (Opelucid City, perhaps?) gives Georgia a chance to finally shine. She and Burgundy are the most entertaining characters, but while Burgundy is a gag rival who will likely never amount to anything, Georgia has the skill necessary to be a top-level threat. This tournament just wasn't going to be where she breaks through, due to the horrible type matchups she would have faced throughout.

I will be very disappointed if Masaomi does not return. He is the kind of character sorely missing right now - a confident and highly skilled trainer who wastes no time on gags, instead preferring to simply win battles. I had high hopes that Trip would be like that, but since we see now how that ended up, it would be nice to have Masaomi around as a rival who simply poses a great challenge to overcome.

Except that illusion is shattered.

Kenyan already overcame him....

thekorean

Not to nitpick on tiny details but its odd watching a VERY humanoid pokemon eating from a dog dish essentially.

All these time I only really saw pokemons on four legs and shaped like animals eat pokemon food.

Will Burgundy really become an A-class Connaisseuse? That would actually put her on Cilan level and that's hard to imagine since it is Burgundy afterall.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Georgia still hates Iris, Bianca was made a complete fool of, and Ash lost yet another battle.

Georgia doesn't hate Iris at all. She's her rival and they naturally clash and bicker, but they're also clearly glad to have each other as rivals, and Georgia considers Iris to be her worthy opponent. Bianca wasn't made a complete fool, she lost to Stephan with dignity. And Ash lost; oh, Heaven forbid the main character not win every single tournament.

One would hope that the writers would move on to more original ways of showcasing the rivals and recurring characters, but as always, they follow the same tired formula.

I'm forgetting when, if ever, rivals and recurring characters were showcased like this in any other previous generation, so I see no "tired formula".

I still thought Masaomi should have won reguardless of him being cocky. Georgia and Burgundy and alot of times Iris gets that way alot too. No one complains about them.

....Seriously? Alot of people complain, usually about Iris!

That kind of character is, IMO, a cheap and boring way to create "suspense" or whatever. I'm glad not to have anyone like that in the show right now.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wanted Masaomi to win, but who was I kidding? I haven't seen the episode yet, but I hope I will eventually.

The thing that bugs me is that Sawk is possibly the strongest Pokemon in the saga now, and Stephan is clearly stronger than Trip, who is still spotlighted as the main rival.

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
I just realized that Stephan looks like Throh and the Throh trainer looks like Sawk. I think they're gonna trade. Or this might be a reference to yin-yang, which Reshiram and Zekrom are based on

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Not to nitpick on tiny details but its odd watching a VERY humanoid pokemon eating from a dog dish essentially.

Yeah, that was creepy. And it's just sitting there in silence.

The thing that bugs me is that Sawk is possibly the strongest Pokemon in the saga now, and Stephan is clearly stronger than Trip, who is still spotlighted as the main rival.

I wouldn't say Sawk is the strongest, it just had the skills needed to take on Throh, something the other pokemon didn't have.

G50

No longer posting
Watching without sound sucks. :(

This episode was good. So many times everybody kept getting Kenyan's name wrong, even the announcers and Narrator. Kenyan's angry expressions were amusing to watch. Dageki did some Martial Arts moves to pump himself up prior to battling. Dageki was just too quick and agile for Embuoh. Dageki landed some harsh hits that were animated to look like real world Martial Arts moves when he was doing the attacks. His Karate Chops hurt Embuoh badly. Dageki's Side Kick pose was very neat to see. Bianca was acting all hyperactive again during the battle. Dageki used Bulk Up twice for a change in this battle. Nageki really terrified Zuruggu by glaring at Zuruggu when he tried to use Leer on him. Zuruggu kept missing all over the place with Focus Blasts, yet Ash wouldn't stop having him use it. Zuruggu's attacks really didn't do anything at all, and Nageki's Superpower, Seismic Toss, and Circle Throw looked so painful to watch. Bianca still went over to hug Dageki in obsession. Ash warns Kenyan about a possible new move Masaomi was going to use in the battle. Nageki tried to use Seismic Toss, but Dageki was able to slip away and they both crashed to the ground. Dageki was able to finish Nageki off with Close Combat. Burgandy and Cilan both ended up doing tasting times in this episode.

The final battle between Nageki and Dageki looked more like a Martial Arts fight than a Pokemon battle. Nageki kept using throwing Dageki, and he kept landing not too hard. Nageki's Bind was animated as a sleeper hold. That was unexpected for animation.

97/100

Last edited:

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
I thought the same thing! Dageki didn't seem to mind though.

Anyway, awesome episode! I haven't been this excited watching Pokemon match since.. I dunno :'D I was pretty sure Kenyan was going to win, but you can never guess with troller writers. But luckily he did, he and Dageki are the cutest thing when they hugged and hgngngngg my feelings can't take this! And I was SO sure, that in the end someone would get Kenyan's name right, but nooope, poor kid. Also, poor Scraggy! He was SO tiny comparing to his opponent that it was just plain fun match to watch. : D

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Rather then liter several episode threads about this tournament I'll just give my brief review here in the final...it is the final isn't it? Truthfully I only watched this tournament because my rainbow girls were in it. Blonde Bianca, purple Cabernet, and pink Georgia. Georgia's hair is pink right? Oh who cares. I basically watched this tournament because they were in it. I have to say I really enjoyed Bianca having a Emboar. It's very rare nowadays females get fully evolved starters, May being the only mold breaker in that regard until now. I realize Bianca is a rival and so she gets more freedom then main girls but I will say this, even though I don't like Best Wishes that much it sure gives the characters more freedom then DP's forced stereotypes that ultimately hold back and kill your appearance as a threat, so that is a big point for Best Wishes. But enough of that, I also enjoyed Bianca actually gaining some focus and some wins. She still lost the tournament, but she beat Trip. That is sure to bring her level up right? Other then that I just really enjoyed seeing Cabernet and Georgia interact. I actually do like the Cabernet/Cilan rivalry now but oddly enough as much as I love Georgia I still don't care for her rivalry with Iris. It feels like it's not going anywhere, then again neither is Cabernet and Cilan but I just like them both so it plays great for me.

This tournament ultimately bites for Platinum fan because Bianca didn't win. I was hoping she would and that alone killed the tournament for me. Petty I know, but that's just how it is. The battles were nothing special for me so overall all this tells me is I demand a chronicles spinoff of Bianca, Cabernet, and Georgia traveling together being whiny, annoying brats! Throw Cilan in there for the fun as well.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Rather then liter several episode threads about this tournament I'll just give my brief review here in the final...it is the final isn't it? Truthfully I only watched this tournament because my rainbow girls were in it. Blonde Bianca, purple Cabernet, and pink Georgia. Georgia's hair is pink right? Oh who cares. I basically watched this tournament because they were in it. I have to say I really enjoyed Bianca having a Emboar. It's very rare nowadays females get fully evolved starters, May being the only mold breaker in that regard until now. I realize Bianca is a rival and so she gets more freedom then main girls but I will say this, even though I don't like Best Wishes that much it sure gives the characters more freedom then DP's forced stereotypes that ultimately hold back and kill your appearance as a threat, so that is a big point for Best Wishes. But enough of that, I also enjoyed Bianca actually gaining some focus and some wins. She still lost the tournament, but she beat Trip. That is sure to bring her level up right? Other then that I just really enjoyed seeing Cabernet and Georgia interact. I actually do like the Cabernet/Cilan rivalry now but oddly enough as much as I love Georgia I still don't care for her rivalry with Iris. It feels like it's not going anywhere, then again neither is Cabernet and Cilan but I just like them both so it plays great for me.

This tournament ultimately bites for Platinum fan because Bianca didn't win. I was hoping she would and that alone killed the tournament for me. Petty I know, but that's just how it is. The battles were nothing special for me so overall all this tells me is I demand a chronicles spinoff of Bianca, Cabernet, and Georgia traveling together being whiny, annoying brats! Throw Cilan in there for the fun as well.

You hit it on the nail for me Platinum. Bianca is less annoying when she's actually serious for a change but I hope that Emboar isn't going to be relied on for everything throughout the rest of the series. However, I think it made a huge difference seeing her win on screen so that people would take her seriously. But she wouldn't need to win the whole tournament to prove that.
And you're right about Burgundy and Georgia. I like that they interact and all but sometimes they take it too far. It does get pretty over the top for me.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So watched the episode pretty damn awesome.

The figths were cool, Emboar vs Sawk and Sawk vs Troh, even Scraggy vs Troh had its cool moments even if the poor thing got demolished(which everyone was expecting anyway), the interactions were great as usual and I am happy Kenyan won even though I would have prefered that they introduced Masaomi as a rival in this tournament but I'm fine with it, Kenyan as a character deserved to do something important and winning the tournament is cool enough.

My only complain like I did in the previows two weeks, is the overdoing of the name gag.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Come on, Faker. Can't you see that Scraggy beat up two monkeys? He did an awesome job in his first tournament. A main character can't ALWAYS make it to the finals you know. Scraggy isn't exactly one of Ash's best pokemon anyway.

Yeah I know that. I'm not upset at Ash or Scraggy because they were doing what they are supposed to be doing in this tournment which is training. However, minus the monkeys I felt that since everyone esle was huge tanks, I didn't like Scraggy slinged around like that. That's all. I'm not hating on the episode. It was good. I was just hoping for a different result in the end.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Noo Masaomi! I was really rootin' for ya! Oh well. This was a nice episode. Bianca finally got some battle time and Scraggy lost but he put up some good fights. So glad it's over though. 9/10

Coke

Is anyone else but me getting sick of the fact that, while Georgia is Iris' rival, Burgundy is Cilan's and Stephan is Ash's, they NEVER actually face off against each other? It was a nice change for the Club Battle tournament, but we are already nearly half way through this series, and this is the only real oppurtunity for rival battles for some characters. Taking into consideration the fast pacing and that Iris and Cilan don't have any other seperate competitions with their rivals other than these, I fear that we will eventually see little batlles between two rivals.