• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown! (734)

sSerenity

Is anyone else but me getting sick of the fact that, while Georgia is Iris' rival, Burgundy is Cilan's and Stephan is Ash's, they NEVER actually face off against each other? It was a nice change for the Club Battle tournament, but we are already nearly half way through this series, and this is the only real oppurtunity for rival battles for some characters. Taking into consideration the fast pacing and that Iris and Cilan don't have any other seperate competitions with their rivals other than these, I fear that we will eventually see little batlles between two rivals.

-> Wrong. Iris battles 2 times Georgia, one losing, one tie. Cilan swept Burgundy. Trip and Ash battle 3 times. 2 wins and 1 tie for Trip

Coke

-> Wrong. Iris battles 2 times Georgia, one losing, one tie. Cilan swept Burgundy. Trip and Ash battle 3 times. 2 wins and 1 tie for Trip

Georgia, Burgundy and Stephan's ONLY battle with their rivals was in their debut episodes (which were all quite a while ago might I add), since then despite two whole tournaments they have not battles with their rival again. These tournaments, due to the fast pacing will likely be one of the only oppurtunities for the rivals to face off and in these tournaments they are never actually battling EACH OTHER.

Last edited:
People really need to stop mispronouncing Stephan's name. Either that or he stops whining about it. That gag is terrible. Not as bad as Bianca's obsession with Sawk's muscles and Zorua, but still.

When Scraggy was training, Iris could have sent out Excadrill to help Scraggy learn Focus Blast. I don't know why she didn't. Scraggy could have mastered the move before the tournament was over and maybe beaten Throh if he had help from a pokemon that could actually use the move. The one time it would be useful for her to send out Excadrill and she doesn't. I don't know what's going on in her strange little mind.

It was great to see Sawk beat Throh, since Sawk is much cooler. Finally the torunament is over.

Is anyone else but me getting sick of the fact that, while Georgia is Iris' rival, Burgundy is Cilan's and Stephan is Ash's, they NEVER actually face off against each other?
Yes, I am as well.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Is anyone else but me getting sick of the fact that, while Georgia is Iris' rival, Burgundy is Cilan's and Stephan is Ash's, they NEVER actually face off against each other? It was a nice change for the Club Battle tournament, but we are already nearly half way through this series, and this is the only real oppurtunity for rival battles for some characters. Taking into consideration the fast pacing and that Iris and Cilan don't have any other seperate competitions with their rivals other than these, I fear that we will eventually see little batlles between two rivals.

No, it would be to convinient for a rival, to get his rival in a tournament where you get a random oponent...

Coke

No, it would be to convinient for a rival, to get his rival in a tournament where you get a random oponent...

All the contests battles/league tournaments were random matchups. Paul was still partnered with Ash in the Hearthome Tag battle tournament, would you rather Ash was partnered with some other nobody for the sake of "convenience"? Would you rather all these epic league battles such as Ash vs Paul and Ash vs Gary never took place because it was too convenient?

Rivals have faced each other COUNTLESS times in tournaments, despite the matchups being random. I really don't undertand why it should be any different here.

At the end of the day, it's the writer's choice on whether or not they face each other. I believe that it would make the tournaments far better if, from time to time the rivals actually faced each other. Now I'm not saying that in each tournament all contestants should face their rivals, but two rivals haven't faced off against each other ONCE in these whole two tournaments.

EDIT: LOL, I just realised you're Pepsi and I'm COke :p

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
They do these match ups so that it would entertain us more. The outcomes are different and the results are better. But like Coke said, there will hopefully come a time where they could battle their own rivals because it's also a good idea.

Grey Wind

Great end to the Donamite. The semi-final wasn't rushed like I thought it would be, and all of the battles were good. Throh vs Sawk was actually a great battle, I really enjoyed it. I was a little apprehensive at first, and I thought it would be boring, but it was a pretty awesome match.

Good tournament overall, even if there are a few changes I would have made to it.

Graham Aker

Really? o_O That's a pretty weak reason to be grumpy.

Well according to the sub Langley said the outcome was inevitable, which is more direct (even though both statments kinda mean the same thing). That makes a bit more sense for Iris to be upset. Granted I don't know how accurate the subs really are.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Finally got to watch it and I loved the episode. Pretty much everything about it I loved.

I enjoyed all the battles. I enjoyed all the character interactions. My favorite parts were probably Sawk turning it's back on Throh when it knew it won, and I enjoyed Stephan's name gag, especially at the part with Don George calling him "Umitskenyan".

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Oh, I just loved Masoami in this episode! He's so handsome and cool! I wish he was somebody's rival. I hope we see him again. Not as a Tobias clone but as a normal competitor.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm just glad that Burgundy's character got softer a bit towards Cilan and I will forever want that Double Focus Blast to return :p

CupidKirby

I was kind of hoping Scraggy would at least put up a fight against Throh, but the way it lost was nicely believable.

Stephan beat Bianca the same way he beat Cilan. He didn't mess around.

The last match was pretty beast. Though I found it to be more that Sawk was the only one whose fighting style could match up to Throh's rather than Sawk being the best battler. I don't think this makes him the strongest Pokemon but definetly one of them.

I'm just glad that Burgundy's character got softer a bit towards Cilan and I will forever want that Double Focus Blast to return :p

I'd have to agree with that. Scraggy not only seems to have the ability to throw multiple focus blasts at once, but increase the size by using both hands either as a shield or offense. That might just be me looking into the animation too much though. I can imagine the move being pretty boss in the future once it's mastered.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not a bad ending to the Clubsplosion saga, and it's great to see Stephan get a victory out of this. Obviously, when Stephan makes a final appearance in the series, people will get his name right. It's just way too hard to miss.

Speaking of hard to miss, after watching this episode, it's very clear that Scraggy's Focus Blasts are the most abysmal attempts to attack. Every single one of them keep missing their target. I think Ash over did it against Montgomery and it's ridiculous. Well, it's a fair loss in this tournament for Ash.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
my names STEEEFANNNNNNN!!!!! lmfao and great battling by stefan and montgomery .. hope to see him battle stefan again soon