• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown! (734)

Azureth

Sawk and Throh make it to the finals, and Sawk wins. Let's get on with it and go back to the badge collection.

Wait, did Emboar just attack without using a move? I guess it was suppose to be Fling, but that's only suppose to be for items. Is that legal?

This is ridiculous. Even Gible's Draco Meteor hit once or twice in the beginning.

lisalynn

Leer standoff. xD Poor little Scraggy.

Bianca's obsession is creepy. Get it together Bi. You're never going to find a human to love you with that freaky kink.

Humanoid pkmn are kind of creepy too. Especially when you put them in human clothes. Weeeeird.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I rather enjoyed the battles that took place, but more notably the one between Throh and Sawk. Despite the fact that Stephan's frustration with people mispronouncing his name was never funny to me, I thought they went WAY overboard with it in this episode which is my only gripe.

cg19293

Was kind of annoyed by Scraggy's Focus Blast showing no sign of improvement whatsoever, but the Sawk vs Throh battle was great.

Torpoleon

I really liked this episode. One of my favorites from BW and figures it is animated by Iwane.

Don George & Freddy O'Martian really seemed to get into it. The Scraggy VS Sawk battle was great and hearing the BW Gym Leader Music was cool. I also liked Sawk VS Throh, specifically when the BW Trainer music started.

G50

No longer posting
I wish they would've done the silly name pun that they did in the original when Stephan was presented the prize.

heyitsKenyan --> heyitsStephan

I forgot what it was... but it was similar to it.

Battra

Goody the pointless filler arc is over now we can get back to are pointless filler episodes until the 7th gym battle.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
The battles were really enjoyable this episode. I was surprised at Bianca's neglect towards dodging, I imagined that this far into her journey, dodging would have been part of her armoury but alas it was not and it frustrated her. Ash's battle was overcome from Throh's power, I guess scraggy still has a way to come. As for the final battle it was action packed with momentum swinging from side to side with some very clever moves included throughout.

Also, the sideline antics this episode were very funny. Especially, between Cilan and Burgandy and then Georgia joined in lol.

On to the next one :D.

jammiedodger

I actually wonder if Bianca's issue with dodging was some kind of clever commentary on Pokémon not actually being able to dodge in the games and having to endure any hit thrown at them unless it misses.

^ Actually they can dogde in the games. Hasn't your game ever said "___ evaded the attack!" ?

I'm pretty sure she only yelled at Stephan for dodging because she's an idiot, which we already know, lol.

jammiedodger

^ No. In the games they have evasion, but you can't tell your Pokémon to "dodge it" like they always do in the animé; that doesn't work. The games only rely on accuracy or evasion, but the latter's default level causes you to ALWAYS get hit by an attack unless you increase it.

Bianca mostly played the battle as if it were one from the game.

No. In the games they have evasion, but you can't tell your Pokémon to "dodge it" like they always do in the animé; that doesn't work.
In General Pokemon Discussion there's many people who say they yell at their pokemon.

Geodude

Wait, did Emboar just attack without using a move? I guess it was suppose to be Fling, but that's only suppose to be for items. Is that legal?

It was Fling in the Japanese version yes. Nobody had a problem with it, it was just a move used in an unusual way. No different, really, than something like a Water-type using Water Gun at the wall to slow its momentum so it doesn't crash. Or the Mr. Mime in a filler episode way back when using Trick to switch its spoon for Jessie's keys so it could escape Team Rocket's cage. Pokemon are very rarely seen holding battle items in the anime anyway. It would often just look strange. Can you picture, say, a Sawk using Close Combat while holding a Lum Berry in its hand and trying not to crush it? :p

Last edited:

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I think it's the first instance of submission holds used by Fighting Pokemon in the entire series. Stefane will be the one to beat Ash in the league.

SmartD

I finally got to see this episode. It was a good episode. Stephan wins the Clubsplosion tournament, which was neat. The ending was pretty funny.

Vipsoccermaster

The first battles of the episode were ok, but not too great. The battle between Sawk and Throh, however, was great. Good to see Stephan winning the tournament. His wish did come true.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Like I said for ep 731, it's been months since I've seen this episode and it's hard to keep track of what happened in which Clubsplosion episode, so if I refer to events from the wrong episode, I apologize in advance.

Too bad that Ash and Iris both went down hard in the Clubsplosion, but at least Stefan came away with the win. I like Stefan a lot, he's been a fun recurring character, and at least he had a good battle against that jerk of a throh trainer. I also LOL'd when Ash told Scraggy he'd glare at throh too. Classic Ash, gotta love it. :)

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I was disappointed Ash didn't win but at least Stephan did. I loved the Sawk and Throh battle.