• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Comments not showing on Youtube Mobile

Torpoleon

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully it is.

Today all of a sudden, all the Youtube videos I watch on my phone say comments are disabled, even on my own videos. Anyone know why and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Strange, it works on my Tablet and Phone both running YouTube 6.0.13, which is the one of the latest versions available. (By the way, Tablet is Nexus 7 running Lolipop 5.0.1(latest non-dev version), and my phone is Jellybean 4.4, both reasonably current.)

First update Youtube via the Google play Store. This may not be possible, if you device is too old.

Check your account on the Pc, you may have been blocked from commenting.

Torpoleon

I'm using a Galaxy S4 and on the Play Store it says it doesn't need an update. Comments work perfectly fine on PC. Should I delete and then redownload the app?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm using a Galaxy S4 and on the Play Store it says it doesn't need an update. Comments work perfectly fine on PC. Should I delete and then redownload the app?

Strange indeed, I know that some Lolipop users had issues with Youtube. But the Galaxy S4 Models all run Jellybean or Kitkat, not Lolipop, and the issue wasn't commenting, it was actually watching a Video.

Yes, deleting update and reinstall could work. You'll find the options needed to this in the Setting -> Apps/Application Manager -> YouTube.

While you at it make sure most the Google apps are updated, as Youtube commenting may use this.

Torpoleon

Deleting it and uninstalling it didn't work.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The comments on the Play Store are saying it's a problem with the newest update. You'll have to wait for them to fix it with another update.

Torpoleon

Ok, thank you!