1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Commercially Unsuccessful Pokémon Spinoff Video Games?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by MiloticTwins, Dec 19, 2018.

1. MiloticTwins

MiloticTwins Well-Known Member

I have thought that some of the Pokémon spinoff video games were commercially successful, while others weren't. So, if you have thought of the Pokémon spinoff video games that weren't commercially successful, please let me know. Thank you. ;)

2. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I think even the bad games have been commercially successful... I'd say the least successful ones were games with limited regional release such as Puzzle League, Stadium (JP), and TCG GB 2 as well as later games in a series of spin spinoffs like Explorers of Sky and Guardian Signs.

3. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

From my knowledge, actually I don't there ever has been an unsuccessful Pokemon spinoff video game. Take Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs for example. This game was released late in the DS lifecycle, is the third iteration of a DS-only series so you'd assume people would get Ranger fatigue but the think is it sold at least over a million copies.

4. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Yeah Guardian Signs still sold well as did every game I mentioned. They likely sold the least of any pokemon game but that definitely doesn't mean they were commercial failures.