• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Commercials You Love or Hate

Nebbio

NINJA!
I am a fan of the Compare the Market/Meerkat adverts.

I hate Go Compare adverts!

To me, the best ones are the Dos Equis commercials and the Sun drop 'drop it like its hot' commercial. I saw that one in the barber shop and everyone was having a hoot lol.

The commercial that I hate would be the new McDonalds one. Its where a couple is eating in McDonalds and the girlfriend keeps calling the guy pet names like 'snuggles' and 'chipmunk.' After the guy called her 'sweet..T....Pie' I double facepalmed. I just wanted to take his sweet tea and throw it in the girls face.

PsychicPsycho

I'm overall sick of the miller lite commercials. They've cut down on the rampent 'here we go's, but they're still annoying. I don't really get the idea that someone would not care if their beer tastes bad. I don't drink beer, but I do drink soda. I pick the pop I drink by the taste; I don't see why someone drinking beer wouldn't do the same.
Oh! I hate the Dairy Queen commercials they're airing/ "I'm not just playing a guitar. I'm playing a guitar that sounds like a dolphin."
Most of those are weird. Like the one with rainbows on fire. I think if I saw a rainbow on fire I'd assume the world was ending. I thought the one where he was blowing bubbles with kittens in them was really cute, but I'm a cat lover. ;151; ;300;
To me, the best ones are the Dos Equis commercials and the Sun drop 'drop it like its hot' commercial. I saw that one in the barber shop and everyone was having a hoot lol.

The commercial that I hate would be the new McDonalds one. Its where a couple is eating in McDonalds and the girlfriend keeps calling the guy pet names like 'snuggles' and 'chipmunk.' After the guy called her 'sweet..T....Pie' I double facepalmed. I just wanted to take his sweet tea and throw it in the girls face.
The XX commercials can be funny. I'm not 100% on them, though. I thought it was funny that he could "speak french in russian", and that, instead of a house cat, he has to scold a mountion lion to get of the counter. I wonder it that ties into the thing about 'running in place won't get the same result as running from a lion'.

I hate that mcdonalds commercial too. I've never understood the desire to do all the pet names and stuff. Another thing I don't get is that the guy starts out by saying 'you know I'm your biggest fan'. It seems like a weird comment to say to you girlfriend.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I don't know whether to like or hate that Progressive white lady..
I like her cause she's happy.. But I hate her cause she's corny...
Mixed emotions!

PsychicPsycho

Oh my god, I'm totally blanking out. I was watching a baseball game tonight, and there were tons of annoying commercials, but I can't remember them. They usually get burned into my head.

One I do remember is the one for the 'raise you rate CD'. The dialogue throughout completely annoys me.

Also, I'm just sick in generally of the commercials shown on the cooking channel. I like to watch iron chef on there, and I swear they play the same set of commercials every night, albeit in a different order, perhaps. They're always pushing their shows, which I guess everyone does, but they do it to a ridiculous level.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
The commercials that I hate to an incredible degree, the kid in those car commercials who says "just because you're old doesn't mean you have to be lame". I consider myself a pretty affable guy but I see the little dbag kid and I suddenly get a desire to punch him.

ChuckNorris

The commercials that I hate to an incredible degree, the kid in those car commercials who says "just because you're old doesn't mean you have to be lame". I consider myself a pretty affable guy but I see the little dbag kid and I suddenly get a desire to punch him.
I agree. They're trying to make him sound cool but he seems more like a jerk or a dbag. Besides, he's really annoying.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Everybody remember Head-On? Of course you do. And the new one where the guy gets a text saying the flash mob was postponed. Ughh. *bridge squeeze*

And I heard from somebody the Sun Drop girl used to live somewhere near our town.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Im ok with them on TV unless its something i like (WLIIA). But on the internet its torture.

ChuckNorris

I kinda like the "Flash Mob Moved to 12:30" one, I think its funny

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
The one for Pokemon Colliseum 2. I think I spelled that wrong. Anyways, go look it up on Youtube, it's funny.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Cant go wrong with Super Bowl Commercials.

Zibdas

not bad
Does anyone remember that Super Bowl commercial where that guy uses a Dorito for a mousetrap and a guy in a mouse suit breaks through the wall and strangles him?

It still makes me lol.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I kinda like the "Flash Mob Moved to 12:30" one, I think its funny

I just saw that one. I liked it and my dad was ROFLing (which he always does).

And when will Allstate give us more Mayhem commercials. Or the most interesting man in the world? I love those two.

Last edited: