• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
No thoughts on comparing to Houndoom / Mega Houndoom?
So back on track. Houndoom is faster than Incineroar so I wonder what it will say who's better if it compares lol.

The reason no one has compared Houndoom and Incineroar is that the two, despite sharing the same typing, perform very different roles on teams. Houndoom is your standard "speedy" Special Sweeper, while Incineroar is more of a defensive pivot/Bulky Physical Sweeper. In my opinion Incineroar is more likely to be compared to Arcanine an existing Fire type that already performs a similar role.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
The reason no one has compared Houndoom and Incineroar is that the two, despite sharing the same typing, perform very different roles on teams. Houndoom is your standard "speedy" Special Sweeper, while Incineroar is more of a defensive pivot/Bulky Physical Sweeper. In my opinion Incineroar is more likely to be compared to Arcanine an existing Fire type that already performs a similar role.

Even then, Arcanine is a bit different. It's defenses aren't the same, and it's quite a bit faster. In my opinion, Incineroar could play a unique role in battles. Not one of the best pokes out there, but it is quite unique.

shadowF

Can we include a moveset for a blaze Incineroar for the pokemon of the week? I know Intimidate is more popular but since it is not released yet then I would like to see what cool movesets could work for a blaze Incineroar! I also included one that I think works well!

Lucha Incineroar Lucha!

-Flare Blitz
-Darkest Lariat
-Cross Chop/ Outrage
-Leech Life /U-Turn
Item Attached: Incinium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs and Nature:
88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature

It could work as a wallbreaker in my opinion with this set.

generic villager #5

Your ad here!
Can we include a moveset for a blaze Incineroar for the pokemon of the week?

Like last week, the POTW will probably only suggest Blaze because it's the only available ability right now, and maybe for a while yet. Now granted, as far as starters are concerned Incineroar is possibly one of the best users of the Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent ability set, due to its strong balanced bulk. However, Blaze only activates at 1/3 max HP, and with weaknesses to Stealth Rocks and several common attacking types, plus vulnerability to Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Vacuum Wave, Incineroar wouldn't sit at 1/3 HP for long without getting KO'd. Not to mention that using Flare Blitz shortens that span even further. Overall, Intimidate pairs much better with Incineroar's stats and play style, so Blaze is the ability of choice only until its HA is released.

This is not to disparage your set, of course. Outpacing uninvested base 80 speed has some merit depending on which tier Incineroar eventually lands in, and damage calcs involving several uninvested base 80's show decent potential. For example, bulky Dragonite variants can be outsped and OHKO by Incineroar's Z-move after stealth rocks, while said Dragonite's Extremespeed at -1 would only be able to 5HKO at best.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Idk, equipping it with the Fire Z crystal, getting its health low over time through Flare Blitz recoil and opponent's damage, and then get a final KO with Infernal Overdrive with Flare Blitz at the base while in Blaze range could be viable. Infernal Overdrive hits 190 base power with Flare Blitz base, which translates to 427.5 after Blaze and STAB.

Pros:
- Viable attack and bulk combined with Intimidate which makes it bulky
- Access to multiple useful attack like Cross Chop, Thrash, Flare Blitz, etc., and especially Dark Lariat.
- Access to support moves like Will-o-Wisp, Roar, etc.
- The most useful starter.

Cons:
- Absence of reliable recovery move outside Rest. Leech Life is not reliable.
- Intimidate is still not available.
- Speed is within the death zone range, making it hard to utilize the stat-boosting moves like Swords Dance, Bulk Up and Nasty Plot.
- Lacks move that will cover its weakness to Water and Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.