• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Wouldn't Pelipper hurt A-Sandslash more than help since it erases the hail and adds rain? I guess it eases the fire weakness, but the loss of speed might hit it harder.

Also Reuniclus could be a really good partner for A-Sandslash to help with the Fighting weakness and immunity to hail through Magic Guard. Partners for either Sandslash might want to consider Safety Goggles to negate the weather damage, but that's only if you can't come up with another item/all other items you would run on the partner are taken by other team members.

You are right. The loss of hail hurts A-Sandslash. A lot. But there are some threats that A-Sandslash can't stay in (i.e. Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave users), in which case having a contrasting partner that isn't wrecked by Hail is quite a boon. Rain Boosted Water attacks and a perfect accuracy Hurricane wreck most STAB threats of A-Sandslash and while A-Sandslash can handle some of Pelipper's threats through coverage moves, you would probably be better suited swapping to your Hail setter (if it isn't A-Sandslash) to maintain momentum and prevent your opponent from taking advantage of your weather.

As a switch-in to fighting types I would probably pick Froslass on a Hail team instead of Pelipper. I feel like Pelipper's main purpose this gen is to be a rain setter with U-Turn, Roost, and Hurricane, if the rest of the team can't benefit from rain Pelipper isn't that great. Froslass's Fighting immunity is nice on the other hand and Froslass gets that neat Snow Cloak boost. Magic Guard Clefable also works decently against fighting types, although the hail hurts Clefable's Moonlight recovery.

I agree, on a dedicated Hail team Pelipper is a poor fit. The main reason I suggested is that, unlike Frosslass, Pelipper either resists or is immune to every one of A-Sandslash's weaknesses, so if you are not using a dedicated Hail team Pelipper pivots well with A-Sandslash.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You are right. The loss of hail hurts A-Sandslash. A lot. But there are some threats that A-Sandslash can't stay in (i.e. Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave users), in which case having a contrasting partner that isn't wrecked by Hail is quite a boon. Rain Boosted Water attacks and a perfect accuracy Hurricane wreck most STAB threats of A-Sandslash and while A-Sandslash can handle some of Pelipper's threats through coverage moves, you would probably be better suited swapping to your Hail setter (if it isn't A-Sandslash) to maintain momentum and prevent your opponent from taking advantage of your weather.

As a switch-in to fighting types I would probably pick Froslass on a Hail team instead of Pelipper. I feel like Pelipper's main purpose this gen is to be a rain setter with U-Turn, Roost, and Hurricane, if the rest of the team can't benefit from rain Pelipper isn't that great. Froslass's Fighting immunity is nice on the other hand and Froslass gets that neat Snow Cloak boost. Magic Guard Clefable also works decently against fighting types, although the hail hurts Clefable's Moonlight recovery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.