• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #029

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Time for the next Pokémon of the Week, and this week we have another often used, and beloved, Pokémon.

547.png

It's Whimsicott.

Whimsicott was awesome and well used in Gen V when it was a pure Grass-type, but in Generation VI, it had Fairy-type added, changing everything up!

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/547.shtml

Go nuts

Sala-imence

Rock type trainer
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 Atk
Ability: Prankster
Moveset:
- Taunt
- Toxic
- U-Turn
- Switcheroo

What I love about this guy is how annoying it can be. Switcheroo to screw up any sort of boosting or supporter set, by passing them a choice band, and usually getting something better like leftovers. Then toxic the whole team, and taunt anything trying to burn of toxic you yourself. Or if not, hit them with a powerful U-Turn.

Pokeman Man

The Real Slim Shady
prankster abuse pretty much, but it's fun lol

Whimsicott's support movepool (or just movepool that isn't attacks): (sorry i don't know how to do the spoiler crap if there is one)
Move - Why to use it
Leech Seed - Wears away at your opponents while keeping your nice and healthy.
Substitute - A great pair with Leech Seed. Keeps to Immune to statuses, and the health from Leech Seed can give you your HP back in no time. Also, priority substitute...
Toxic - Helps wear away at Pokemon even faster.
Reflect & Light Screen - Screens are always nice to help sponge some damage for the rest of your team to get a set-up in.
Protect - Leech Seed & Toxic stall purposes. Cool for scouting moves or switches.
Attract - lol why
U-Turn - Yeah it's an attack, but it's a good one. Easy way out in case you somehow get Taunted, or just to scout out moves.
Encore - A nice move that works with timing. Easy to force switches, and you can proceed to U-Turn or SubSeed.
Grass Whistle - A sleeping Pokemon is a almost useless Pokemon. Very inaccurate though.
Memento - Not the best move for Whimsi in my opinion, simply because it's good to keep him around for as long as possible to annoy their team as much as possible.
Switcheroo - If for some reason you're using a Choice item, then Switcheroo can really hurt a wall's or any Pokemon at all if used right.
Stun Spore - Too bad it's not Thunder Wave. But spreading statuses, especially Paralysis, is always fantastic. Whimsi becomes a better priority paralyzer than Thunderus, with the downfall of offense and other stuff that Thunderus clearly outclasses Whimsi in.
Endeavor - If you're almost dead, why not? But I don't think it's worth sacrificing a moveslot for.

IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE
- Giga Drain / Moonblast
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore / Taunt / Grasswhistle / Tailwind / Toxic / Protect / U-Turn / Knock Off
Item Attached: Leftovers
EVs and Nature:
252 HP / 252 Def or 252 SpD / 4 Def or 4 SpD
Bold (+Def, -Atk) / Calm (+SpD, -Atk)

Whimsicott gets two cool STAB moves, so it's not complete taunt bait. Giga Drain gives back some HP, Moonblast is rather strong and plain reliable. SubSeed isn't complete with Substitute and Leech Seed though... Get a nice Substitute on a switch and Leech Seed to get back them HP. Combined with Leftovers and Giga Drain, this guy gets annoying really quickly. Support filler move here. They're all pretty good, and Whimsicott makes good use out of each. Encore can screw up some walls or set-ups, and can easily force switches. Taunt prevents other Pokemon from getting up status and such on you. Grasswhistle is quite inaccurate and therefore unreliable, but getting the other team's pokemon to sleep is pretty cool. Tailwind is a nice support move for the rest of your team, it doubles your allies speed for some turns. Toxic for extra stalling, and Protect is always good for Scouting or Leech Seed stalling. U-Turn in case you need a switch out or just to scout. Knock Off is useful for getting rid of an opponent's item. EVs should be modified depending on if you want Whimsi Physically or Specially Defensive, or some sort of mixed wall or sponge the hits.

IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Hurricane / Psychic
- Switcheroo / U-Turn
Item Attached: Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster / Infiltrator
EVs and Nature:
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Modest (+SpA, -Atk) / Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

It can run a Specs set not horribly I suppose, because of it's high speed. Giga Drain is simply reliable, gets you that HP since you might be switching into entry hazards a lot. Energy Ball is slightly stronger, and the SpD drop is pretty cool. Moonblast is Whimsi's really only good Fairy STAB move, Dazzling is literally a direct downgrade. Hurricane and Psychic are pretty much for coverage and Venasaur. Psychic specifally for the Poisons that can pretty much give you trouble. Switcheroo can easily cripple a wall or any Pokemon if used right. U-Turn is cool for scouting out counter or moves. Prankster could be used for the Switcheroo, otherwise, (I'm not sure about it though) Infilitrator could be useful for hitting through Subs? Iunno. Modest if you need more power, as Whimsi's Special Attack isn't the greatest, Timid if you feel that those base 105s+ will give you trouble, like Garchomp, Gengar, Starmie (I can't think of anything else).

Counters
Venasaur :I
Mostly Poison and Steel types, as they will resist both of Whimsicott's STAB moves and score a nice super-effective hit on this cotton ball. (Poison literally tearing it apart)
Magic Bounce Pokemon will ruin a full Prankster set.

Priority Attract because lol

Last edited:

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Happy Mother’s Day everyone! And what better way to celebrate Mother’s day than to discuss… a… flower?

Whimsicott is an interesting pokemon, if only for its ability. Whimsicott wrote the book on Prankster shenanigans and while other Pranksters have come along, it is still very hard to beat it in terms of utility. Whimsicott’s Speed helps it win priority ties. Its other stats aren’t that great, but the ball of fluff has all it needs in Prankster.

A ball of Taunt bait… I mean fluff
Whimsicott (Prankster)
Item: Big Root/Leftovers
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Stun Spore/Tailwind/Light Screen/Toxic/Taunt/Encore/Grasswhistle/Memento
-Stun Spore/Tailwind/Light Screen/Toxic/Taunt/Encore/Grasswhistle/Memento
Nature: Calm (+SDEF, -ATK) or Careful (+SDEF, -ATK)
EVs: 252 HP/128 DEF/128 SDEF

Maybe I should have condensed the last 2 moveslots to “any status category moves that aren’t Leech Seed or Substitute”. Priority SubSeed is terrifyingly effect and makes Whimsicott surprisingly hard to kill. After that, you have 2 moves of your choice to mess with your opponent’s team. Use your imagination.

Other Options

-Switcheroo+Choice Item
Priority Trick is nasty on the right thing

-Trick Room
Why the Arceus does Whimsicott get Trick Room? Even with Prankster, Trick Room has such insane negative priority that Whimsicott goes last and it guts Whimsicott’s other redeeming quality –its speed. Don’t Use this

-Fake Tears, Tickle, Captivate, Confide
Whimsicott does get a plethora of stat reducing moves, but Blissey has a more viable offensive presence than this thing.

MugoUrth, please do not derail another one of these threads with a rant trying to equate your opinions on what looks good and what looks bad to viability and the treatment that a Pokemon should get. If you have real constructive criticism based on actual competitive data and metagame experience, then by all means share, but otherwise keep the subjective arguments out of these threads.

Also, speed is literally the most important stat in the game. A few extra Atk/SpA/Def/SpD points might raise your chances of KOing something or surviving a certain hit by a couple of percentage points, but a couple extra speed points could be the difference between attacking first and netting a KO or attacking last and getting KOed. No other stat has this stark of a difference. BH already listed several important Pokemon in between that 92-102 range that Garchomp really wishes it could outspeed. That 10 points really does make a huge difference.

As for Whimsicott, I'm curious if anyone else has used this guy in RU and what sets you have been running? My personal favorite is a very basic defensive support set for offensive teams, something along these lines.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Bold Nature
-Stun Spore
-Encore
-U-turn
-Memento

In my humble opinion, Stun Spore is practically mandatory on Whimsicott. It's sort of like Thundurus in that it's a great panic button just in case an opponent sweeper gets an upper leg (unless they're Grass-type, which is a very real problem). Encore is pretty fantastic against both offensive and defensive teams. You can easily switch in as the opponent uses a boosting move, entry hazard, etc. and then U-turn as they switch out. Needless to say, smart use of Encore + U-turn is pretty much guaranteed momentum, which is great for quick paced offense. Memento is my personal favorite for that last slot because Memento is just really good. If you pair it up with a fast boosting sweeper such as Calm Mind Delphox, Swords Dance Zoroark, or even Swords Dance Combusken, you can get a nearly guaranteed setup, which can end games. There are other great options I've seen run here as well, mainly Taunt > Encore so that Whimsicott can lead against things like Froslass and prevent Spikes altogether instead of just Encoring them. I've also seen Leech Seed run as a standalone move to force switches and heal up a little.

On that note, though, I'm not a big fan of SubSeed at all. While it's a neat set in theory, it fails to do much of anything to any Grass-type in the metagame. It also has to use up an extra moveslot to use Substitute, which gives it less room for utility moves that it can run to support its team. Seeing as how Whimsicott is pretty much Mr. Utility in Ru, that's not a good thing.

Let's not talk about Whimsicott yet. Let's keep sucking up over how that hideous ****ing Sceptile/Sharpedo hybrid is so goddamn flawless. Seriously, not even ONE downside? Now I'm starting to realize the person writing these is just plain biased. On one hand if it's a badass Pokemon like Malamar, let's forget any single positive about it and focus purely on negative aspects. But if it's an ugly, piece of **** like Garchomp, who's not even THAT unstoppable, let's all kiss his *** and say nothing but good things. Oh, and losing ten speed points makes Mega Garchomp oh-so much weaker? Speed is NOT that important of a stat. It doesn't determine whether you can take or deal hits. It doesn't determine how powerful your monster is. It just determines attack order, which there are stronger and slower Pokemon who can easily revenge kill it.

I'll explain to you why in a PM sometime; ask me about it when you want. but this is not the time and place for that

So, Whimsicott. If you use this thing I will hunt you down and kill you. But seriously, Whimsicott is the ultimate troll, and it only got more trolly with the addition of the Fairy typing. Now, it can do its job better than ever, and its job is annoying the crap out of random people.

OH MY GOD QUIT USING SUBSTITUTE
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Protect

SubSeed Whimsicott, arguably its most (in)famous set. This can bring relatively new players to their knees and be a nuisance to even skilled players. Substitute and Leech Seed are the titular moves; the combination of them and Prankster allows Whimsicott to stall out a ton of Pokemon. Taunt prevents walls from healing up and forces the opponent to attack you, breaking your Sub and allowing you to set up another one. Protect stalls for Leftovers and Leech Seed, allowing for the pain train to continue.

OH MY GOD QUIT USING ENCORE
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Encore
- U-turn
- Stun Spore

This can be a real *****, but it's just that: annoying. Don't expect this to do real damage to your team. Taunt and Encore allow you to put a lot of Pokemon into a tight spot; when combined with U-turn Whimsicott can easily bring in a stronger Pokemon to take advantage of the set-up opportunity. Stun Spore goes in the final option; this allows it to cripple Choice Scarf users and other fast Pokemon in a similar manner to Thundurus.

Also, offensive Whimsicott is bad. Don't use it.

Kraleck

Oh, how quickly the tables turn back upon one's self with the newest Gen. Whimsicott got a bit of a nerf in Gen VI thanks to its new Fairy Type. Quad Weakness to Poison makes it less viable than the monstrous Prankster it was in Gen V.

Stats:
-HP - Mediocre - Base 60 is just painting the bull's-eye of the fragile target.
-Attack - Below Average - Base 67 is just a big sack of "no" in anyone's book.
-Defense - Slightly-Above Average - The best numbers you'll see until Speed, unfortunately. What's worse is eating a Poison Jab, Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, or any Move in general with it.
-Sp.Atk - Slightly-Below Average - Maybe they should've taken a little off the top to plonk it here.
-Sp.Def - Slightly-Below Average - As if Defense wasn't bad enough, hello Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, or any Move in general to ruin your life.
-Speed - Slightly-Below Godly (Non-Trick Room) - This is the one reason I hate Prankster and Chlorophyll as much as Gale Wings on Talonflame. You've already got Speed to burn and you give it hardly anything in the way of oomph behind your offense. It's a great Stat, but a poor execution of it.

Abilities:
-Prankster - Pretty much the only thing you should be using. Increased Priority on Support Moves. Growth can help mitigate your suck-tacular offense, Toxic + Leech Seed is just evil enough, Tailwind is cool for support, and a plethora of other annoyances are at your disposal.
-Infiltrator - Ignores Reflect and Light Screen as before, but Gen VI also made it bypass Safeguard and Substitute. Kind of a broken tactic to use Infiltrator + Status with your innate Speed to ruin an opponent's day, but it pales in comparison to Prankster's Priority.
-Chlorophyll (Hidden, Available [Poké Transfer]) - Doubles your already insane Speed in Strong Sunlight. Pairs well with Growth and Solarbeam, but also useless when you realize Fire is one of your Weaknesses.

Overall, Fairy Type was not a blessing for Whimsicott. It doubled your Poison Weakness, made you Weak to Steel, and gave Resistance to Dark and Immunity to Dragon in Return. A bad tradeoff since everyone uses Poison and Steel now. Whimsicott's reign of terror was basically downsized to a toddler's temper tantrum.

eworm

Overall, Fairy Type was not a blessing for Whimsicott. It doubled your Poison Weakness, made you Weak to Steel, and gave Resistance to Dark and Immunity to Dragon in Return. A bad tradeoff since everyone uses Poison and Steel now. Whimsicott's reign of terror was basically downsized to a toddler's temper tantrum.

Let's not forget a resistance to the omnipresent Fighting type and the canceled weakness to Bug. Also, while Whimsicott is in no way an offensive powerhouse, Moonblast is a reliable STAB attack for those fearing Taunt (of course if you play Whimsi right, you don't have to worry about that at all).

This is just false. For one, though Steel and Poison are seeing increased use, they are still nowhere near dominant enough to overshadow the resistances to Dark and Fighting, and the immunity to Dragon. These are some of the most common offensive types in the game right now, and being able to resist them is a godsend. Sure, things like Scizor and Heatran use Steel moves, and Aegislash sometimes runs Iron Head, but those Pokemon (well, maybe not Aegislash) would beat Whimsicott anyway, and lolpoison

All in all, Whimsicott's Fairy typing was a total blessing and makes it a bigger threat. also whimsicott never had a reign of terror rofl

csraito

Let's start off with Whimsi's new typing. Fairy. Being Fairy has a new weakness for steel and a new double to Poison. But for that he gained good key resistances, mainly Dragon immunity, Fighting, Dark and now neutral to Bug. The trade was good for Whimsi considering that Dark is now a more rampant type today due to Knock-Off. The new x4 weak to Poison is not much of a problem since not much Poison types roam OU. But the new steel weakness makes it OHKOed by Scizor's Bullet Punch.

A set that can be used by any Grass Type
Bold 252 Def, 252 Spdef, 4 Speed
Leech Seed
Substitute
Encore
Taunt

Priority subs OP. Encore can let you freely set-up your sub seeding on Dragons, Set-uppers. Priority taunt can function for Anti-leading and other things.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Stats
Whimsicott, eh? Curious. On the positive side, 116 base Speed outruns a good chunk of the game, and... then there's the rest of the stats. Defensive spread of 60/85/75 is mediocre at the best of times, and a SpAtk of 77 isn't exactly awesome. Atk? People who run physical Whimsicott probably also run physical Blissey.

Movepool
Status-wise, the pool consists of Tailwind, Cotton Spore, Leech Seed, Substitute, Taunt, Fake Tears, Switcheroo, Tickle, Cotton Guard, Helping Hand, Stun Spore and Toxic, with some other TMs in there. Combine that with Prankster, and you can really mess with people's day, by Switcherooing rubbish items onto their 'mon, crippling them with Poison or Paralysis, Taunt and Leech Seed, maxing stats with Tailwind and Cotton Guard, or dropping stats with Fake Tears, Tickle etc., all behind a priority Sub. Special attack-wise, you get Hurricane, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Solar Beam, Giga Drain, Psychic and Shadow Ball. Handy, but not overly powerful due to the SpAtk. Physically, it gets Seed Bomb, U-turn and Knock Off. Poor, but handy, especially U-turn.

Abilities
Whimsi gets Prankster, Infiltrator and Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is extremely risky due to the Sun weather often being caused by MegaZard Y. Infiltrator helps screw over Substitute users, like Baton Pass teams. Prankster is the best by far though, as the majority of its decently usable moveset is Status. In short, a Prankster Whimsicott is a usable Whimsicott.

Sets
So Fluffy
Whimsicott@
Bold
252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Taunt
-Toxic/Cotton Guard/Tailwind/Moonblast
Basic Subseed set, with Taunt to cover other Taunters. Final slot depends:
Pure evil=Toxic.
Useful defense=Cotton Guard.
Hyperspeed=Tailwind.
An actual damaging move=Moonblast.
Simple, so long as you don't meet Talonflame or MegaZard Y.

Doubles/Triples
Whimsi gets by fairly OK in this style, as it resists Surf and EQ, but has to be wary of Sludge Wave. It just runs the normal sets.

Counters
Poison slaughters the fluffball faster than anything else. Saying that, Scizor walls everything is can use, and OHKOs with Bullet Punch. After that, Talonflame tears it to shreds, and Ice Shard can decimate it.

Note: Whimsicott getting Fairy was a mixed blessing. I mean, losing the weakness to U-turn was good, and the resistances to 3 of the most common attacking types is good. On the other hand, weakness to Aegislash's Iron Head is a problem, and the quad weakness to Poison doesn't help much, especially with the number of NU Poison types and the availability of Sludge Bomb.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hmm, I have been a victim of Trick Room teams too often that they always screw me up. I thought only slow Pokemon could learn that normally.

But can't a Prankster Whimsicott screw them up if they ever use the move to cancel them out?

KillerDraco

Also, offensive Whimsicott is bad. Don't use it.

Emphasizing this. If you're looking for a fast, offensive grass type in RU, Sceptile does most of what Whimsicott does, except better. Higher stats across the board barring defense, and a better offensive movepool which includes Focus Blast to break through steel types on Special Sets and Swords Dance to allow for a physical set all make Sceptile give offensive Whimsicott a huge amount of competition. Whimsicott may have a few things Sceptile doesn't, notably Hurricane and Moonblast, but it's absolutely walled by Steel types, and its Special Attack is well below average, so offensive Whimsicott is really just a joke and a gimmick.

It's Prankster that makes Whimsicott as good as it is. Abuse the hell out of it.

Last edited:

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Whimsicott is and continues to be one of my favorite pokemon to use and abuse. I'm still surprised it's only RU on Showdown, because Whimsicott runs the trolliest set. At maxed speed and a Timid Nature, Whimsicott's Subs will even outspeed Talonflame's Brave Birds (Unless it's a Jolly Talonflame). Whimsicott also outspeeds all other Prankster users and has a movepool that would make all the others wish they could be Whimsicott.

Stallsicott
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Moonblast

Having Whimsicott switch into a Dragon move and locking it with Encore has never been more rewarding!

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Whimsicott... The fastest Prankster user...

Well, whimsicott may not be a VGC legal pokemon this year, but it was part of the fabled TerraCott combo in gen 5. The basics of this are simple. Tailwind turn 1, followed by a beat up onto terrakion, activating it's justified ability, boosting it's attack. Now you have a fast, and dangerous killer on the loose. That run button now seems very tempting...

Anyway, setwise:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Level: 50
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 196 Spd / 28 SDef (For lv50s) OR 104 HP / 200 Def / 12 SDef / 192 Spd (for LV100s)
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore / Taunt / Safeguard
- Beat Up
- Helping Hand / Encore / Protect / Trick Room

OK, the first funky EV set is for LV 50. It gives you just over 50% chance to survive mega kangaskhan's return, and the HP is efficient for sand damage. Speed lets it outspeed terrakion by one. Second spread is the one for LV 100s. It should survive an adamant mega kanga's return (I heard rumours showdown calc has parental bond bugged?) and has the same speed creeping as the first one. You may not need the 2nd one, if mega kanga is absent from your doubles tier. The 3rd spread is a standard spread. Moves are simple. Tailwind and Beat Up are the heart of the terracott core. Encore is fun to catch stuff off guard, taunt to stop genies, Safeguard for preventing will-o-wisp. Helping hand to go further with power, whilst protect lets terrakion take out threats. Trick room is to reverse it if you need to (slowbrothers and aromatisse)

Other suff is endeavor, for when you hit your sash, Screens, memento, etc...

And, a set for terrakion, which it will usually be paired with:

Terrakion @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard/Substitute
- Protect

This set is used to tag team with whimsicott. Rock slide and close combat for devistation at +4 (or +6 in Smogon doubles), whilst protect let's it avoid some nasty attacks. Quick guard is a useful move to aid Whimsy, by letting it prevent thundy and talonflame from being a pain.

Not standard spread

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Level: 50
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 196 Spd / 28 SDef (For lv50s) OR 104 HP / 200 Def / 12 SDef / 192 Spd (for LV100s)
Jolly / Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore / Taunt / Safeguard
- Endeavor
- Helping Hand / Encore / Protect / Swagger

Same EVs as before, Similar moves. You can see it acts the same as before.

Now for a fun set... F.E.A.R.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Level: 1
EVs: 82 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 29 Def / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Endeavor
- Taunt / Encore / Helping Hand
- Protect

Now for the set. The EVs and IVs make it's defence lower than it's special defence, so download users get att boosts. You can edit it so that they get special attack boosts if you need. Movewise, Trick room lets it control speed, endeavor is the destroyer of worlds, Taunt gets rid of status and stuff, Encore is for some pain, Helping hand... Just lets your ally destroy. Protect is protect.

Last edited:

Quagsireking

I am the king!
I'm just wondering. Is there a chance that impish could be useful on purely defensive whimsicott?

Unless you're ungodly powerful and your opponent is an idiot, most fast Pokemon will not only 2-shot most threats, but will be one-shot themselves. If you're telling me a Pokemon with High Attack and Defense stats is going to lose to a low Attack/Defense monster with high speed just cause it can attack first, you're just proving you're not as smart about the metagame as you think you are.

And then you realize that you're trying to start something when we told you to stop. So please do. Nobody wants to read the BS spewing from your keyboard. So either contribute in a positive manor to the discussion about Whimsicott, or just don't post at all. Your choice.

I'm just wondering. Is there a chance that impish could be useful on purely defensive whimsicott?
Bold would be the better option because Whimsicott likes to use Moonblast sometimes, which is a special attack. Additionally, Bold reduces attack, which is what confusion damage is based on.

eworm

Impish is possible, if you're using U-Turn as your damaging move. Obviously, it's not for damage (Whimsicott's Atk is zero), but when you see a threat come in and you want to preserve your Whimsi (which you do, unless you've already spread status all over your foe's team), it's very useful to U-Turn and switch to the right teammate. It also works perfectly if your Whimsi gets Taunted.

And then you realize that you're trying to start something when we told you to stop. So please do. Nobody wants to read the BS spewing from your keyboard. So either contribute in a positive manor to the discussion about Whimsicott, or just don't post at all. Your choice.

This. I'm fine with having this debate over PM, but this is neither the place nor the time.

Bold would be the better option because Whimsicott likes to use Moonblast sometimes, which is a special attack. Additionally, Bold reduces attack, which is what confusion damage is based on.

nuuu my choice band whimsicott set is ruined ;-;

Whimsicott is pretty common in RU right now, so most teams need a way to handle it. Multi-hit moves from the likes of Cincinno work well to break its Substitutes, and Grass-types are immune to Leech Seed and Stun Spore. Aromatisse cannot be Taunted and provides valuable Wish support to the team. Infiltrator Golbat beats it with Brave Bird/Super Fang. It really isn't that hard to stop Whimsicott, although the moving up of Tornadus makes it a bit tougher to handle.

AreaManEXE

Rotater
I'd watch out for Infiltrator Chandelure.

Insane Special Attack + fire move + Infiltrator = bye bye Whimsicott.

Status
Not open for further replies.